• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures Anthology Actor Tony Pankhurst Has Passed Away

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tony Pankhurst, the UK actor who became a recognizable face in Supermassive's horror series The Dark Pictures Anthology, has passed away aged 67.

Supermassive's X/Twitter account revealed that Pankhurst had passed away. In a tribute page published by his family (spotted by GameSpot), it was revealed that Pankhurst had passed away on May 9, with Supermassive Games learning of the news today and providing a recent donation to the family. As the tribute page reveals, any donations would be provided to "Hospice in the World," as the organization "provided such love and support to [Pankhurst] in his final weeks."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did they finish the anthology or was there another one to come?
They finished the first "season" of four games. They announced a second season with games 5-8, the next being "Directive 8020" which was referenced in the fourth game and even had a trailer at the end.

xrnzaaas

Sad to hear, he was one of the (few) highlights of the games.

I assume they're not actively working on the next Anthology game (past Directive 8020) since they only found out now?

T-Cake

Interestingly, he only provided the model (face) for The Curator. The voice and mo-cap was done by somebody else. So they could probably use past footage of him to create future episodes.

Meowtor

Gold Member
Interestingly, he only provided the model (face) for The Curator. The voice and mo-cap was done by somebody else. So they could probably use past footage of him to create future episodes.
oh whoah i had no idea bout that, i thought he did it all. Still sad to hear/see this because i DID enjoy the series, some chapters more than others but yeah

Top Bottom