• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Chuck

Still without luck
i see >_>

I think i'm going to try and design my own box arts actually, based on the original posters. Kinda like this but more simple on the back .

normal_Alice_In_Wonderland.jpg

anyone know when the Movie Club updates the movies they have for the initial get X for $1 signup offer? There are at least 3 movies i would get if i kinda force myself to get something but i'm patiently waiting for there to be at least 5 decent movies before i jump in.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
anyone know when the Movie Club updates the movies they have for the initial get X for $1 signup offer? There are at least 3 movies i would get if i kinda force myself to get something but i'm patiently waiting for there to be at least 5 decent movies before i jump in.

They do update them, not often, and not with a fixed schedule after the films release. So it's kind of hard to game the system, unfortunately.

kewlmyc

So the 3 movies I want most (Aladdin, Goofy Movie, Spirited Away) haven't released officially in the US? How disappointing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think they added more Ghibli titles to the start up!

Whisper of the Heart
Ponyo
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Secret World of Arrietty
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
The Wind Rises
Howl's Moving Castle

isny

napkin dispenser
I think they added more Ghibli titles to the start up!

Whisper of the Heart
Ponyo
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Secret World of Arrietty
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
The Wind Rises
Howl's Moving Castle

Nice, thanks for the heads up!

Is Feast included with the Big Hero 6 DVD/Blu-ray/VOD? I can't seem to find anything online that confirms it (and I'm not familiar with how they've done previous animated shorts)

Fox Mulder

don't know if anyone else is interested in importing region free vaulted titles, but amazon.co.uk is doing another disney bluray sale.

Buy a Disney Blu-ray and get another Disney Blu-ray for free.

From Monday, 2 March 2015, when you buy a Disney Blu-ray you can get another Disney Blu-ray for FREE from the selection on this page (the “Offer”). Each customer can claim an unlimited number of Offers (but only one Offer per customer order). This Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Sunday, April 12 2015.

Got lion king plus beauty and the beast for $26, the last two I need since pinocchio and snow white are region locked.

NR1

don't know if anyone else is interested in importing region free vaulted titles, but amazon.co.uk is doing another disney bluray sale.

Got lion king plus beauty and the beast for $26, the last two I need since pinocchio and snow white are region locked.

Can Americans order from the UK site? Can you use your US Amazon account or must you create a new account for Amazon UK?

Theonik

Can Americans order from the UK site? Can you use your US Amazon account or must you create a new account for Amazon UK?
Amazon US and Amazon EU are different companies but they share the accounts. In both cases shipping varies on a product basis but you shouldn't have an issue. Conversely Amazon JP is separate and you need to create a new account.

Fox Mulder

Use your regular amazon account and it works fine.

I've imported all the region free vaulted titles and Aladdin, usually get them in around 10 days.

Theonik

Yep. Would be sweet if Prime carried over for at least a discount on shipping though. =/
The worse thing is that Prime doesn't cover anything besides domestic shipping on the store it pertains to, so I had to cancel my prime this year after being a member for 2 years since I am going to be in Germany till the end of July. I'd have expected 1 prime subscription for domestic shipping on each of the storefronts for the EU at least.
IE, you buy prime in the UK and that gives you Prime benefits in the UK but can use the same benefits in Germany with a single subscription. (free German shipping)
They also killed free super saver shipping for international orders a couple of years ago too.

The worse thing is that Prime doesn't cover anything besides domestic shipping on the store it pertains to, so I had to cancel my prime this year after being a member for 2 years since I am going to be in Germany till the end of July. I'd have expected 1 prime subscription for domestic shipping on each of the storefronts for the EU at least.
IE, you buy prime in the UK and that gives you Prime benefits in the UK but can use the same benefits in Germany with a single subscription. (free German shipping)
They also killed free super saver shipping for international orders a couple of years ago too.

Ahh. that's a bummer man. =/ Anyway, hope you enjoy your time in Germany!

Oh, and I added you on PSN.

grabbed whisper of the heart and nausicaa at Costco this week since they're having a ghibli sale. Also just ordered the hunchback blu ray off of Disney movie rewards. I think I'm set until Aladdin comes out.

I also hope we get that three caballeros/saludos amigos blu ray that was rumored.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
(non Disney) Ghibli Blu-ray deal alert:

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya Blu-ray is $19.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

The Grave of the Fireflies Blu-ray is $14.99 at Amazon and Best Buy. (this is the second lowest price it's ever been)

(non Disney) Ghibli Blu-ray deal alert:

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya Blu-ray is $19.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

The Grave of the Fireflies Blu-ray is $14.99 at Amazon and Best Buy. (this is the second lowest price it's ever been)

Sounds like a great deal. Probably would've hopped on this deal if I hadn't done the Ghibli sale at Costco.

I also just ordered the Hunchback of Notre Dame blu-ray with my movie rewards points. Hopefully there are some cool special features on it.

So Treasure of the Lost Lamp is now available at retail here in North America. Saw it at Wal-Mart today in Canada in the bargain bin.

Apparently it's been a Wal-Mart exclusive in Canada since last year and is now available at retail in the U.S.

http://dafradio.net/2014/10/12/new-da-dvds-out-now-at-canadian-wal-marts/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHT49OK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nice to see Disney hasn't completely forgotten it's 90's TV lineup. Will have to pick that up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fucking finally.

It's a bit crazy they put out all these other ghibli movies first before spirited away.

Well, that's on Ghibli and not Disney. It only just came out last year in Japan.

I agree. Maybe they will finally get around to dubbing Only Yesterday since apparently they own the rights to it.

If Disney doesn't release My Neighbors the Yamadas alongside Spirited Away and The Cat Returns, then we can assume that either A: it's not coming out, B: Disney wants to wait for GKids to release When Marnie Was There on blu-ray so they can release their final Ghibli film alongside GKids' final Ghibli film (why would they do this though?? lol) or C: they're secretly, finally, dubbing Only Yesterday for a first time ever US release (they could release it under their Touchstone label).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Spirited Away and The Cat Returns apparently have been dated for June 16, according to a poster over @ Blu-ray. com

This hasn't been officially confirmed by Disney though.

Top Bottom