• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

Banned
Something is going to bother me a lot is that they couldn't bother spending some money to use the actual Empire State building, considering they showed it in other marketing material, and this is probably going to be one of the biggest new IP's ever.
Copyright I think...just like that thing in watchdogs.

Tawpgun

I dunno if saving 10 bucks on the game is worth going amazon physical delivery.

I've had bad luck with the geting packages to me, then once I get it (who knows when that will be) I have to install when the servers will be getting hammered.

Gryph

Something is going to bother me a lot is that they couldn't bother spending some money to use the actual Empire State building, considering they showed it in other marketing material, and this is probably going to be one of the biggest new IP's ever.

You have to apply for a license to use the image and name of the Empire State building and they definitely don't let you use it for free in a commercial enterprise.

It's possible that Ubisoft thought it wasn't worth the effort. That or the application was denied due to the nature of the game.

Copyright is a thing.

Plus major cities are a bitch to deal with when it comes to licensing agreements plus the fee's. Its not one stop shop.

Something with the NYPD material that they had to change.

Archpath1

Vector was quite a bit fun, not fastest SMG in the city yet hit like truck with those multiple and regular crits.
400px-Krisssuperv.jpg

Edit: Joined "Gold Race" right off the bat right after closed beta ended.

Didn't get to try the vector

I liked the smg9

But this time I used the mp7
It was pretty good short clip though 20rounds , bumped it up with extendo mag
High crit percentage was dropping guys real quick, 1k rpm at the end with attachments

deoee

I could imagine that the New York PR dude did not want to have something well known involved into shootings etc (?)

FiraB

Banned
"Plus on March 8, Season Pass owners will unlock the exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction. Season Pass owners also receive a set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins, as well as access to special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events."
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...-peek-at-tom-clancys-the-division-season-pass
Yeah I just coughed up the coin for digital gold version on the ubi-store, fuck it I know I'll play it for ages and get the value out of it easily, GMG didn't like me canceling my preorder though.

Hawk269

Any word on crafted loot being better than dropped loot? I hope the crafting is good in this game and allows you to create some good items.

Tovarisc

Yeah I just coughed up the coin for digital gold version on the ubi-store, fuck it I know I'll play it for ages and get the value out of it easily, GMG didn't like me canceling my preorder though.

Tried to give in-store credit or something like that? For me Division Gold was no brainer after I got hands on with closed beta, will easily get moneys worth and more out of this game.

Edit:
Any word on crafted loot being better than dropped loot? I hope the crafting is good in this game and allows you to create some good items.

At least crafts that you need Division Tech for apparently are godtier stuff, afaik.

Gryph

This is a good question. I haven't really seen any crafting info although it seems like a big part of the game.

There are certainly a lot of collectible crafting recipes and ingredients. If it's well designed then crafting should be invaluable in some way...

Current accepted theory on amount of missions;
  • 12 main story missions
  • 10 missions / wing
  • All side/minor missions
  • Events

Edit:

In GamaSutra's defence that is legit press release from Ubisoft with very specific language used, that is different from language used on official website.

Is like destiny all over again.....but without a main raid jumping puzzle thing, not sure if jump to this game after seeing this

Hawk269

This is a good question. I haven't really seen any crafting info although it seems like a big part of the game.

There are certainly a lot of collectible crafting recipes and ingredients. If it's well designed then crafting should be invaluable in some way...
I know this is not a true mmo, but in other games crafting is a way to make items for yourself and or others to sell or give. With no trade option it seems like crafting is for your own self. It would be cool to find a rare blueprint and offer to make it for others in exchange for money or materials.

Klyka

Banned
Current accepted theory on amount of missions;
  • 12 main story missions
  • 10 missions / wing
  • All side/minor missions
  • Events

Edit:

In GamaSutra's defence that is legit press release from Ubisoft with very specific language used, that is different from language used on official website.

Uh. if that list up there is correct, then you have 12 story missions and 30 wing missions.
That is definitely not true. No way. The wing upgrades don't all have missions associated with them. No way do they have 42 "proper" big missions in the game.

Randy42

Uh. if that list up there is correct, then you have 12 story missions and 30 wing missions.
That is definitely not true. No way. The wing upgrades don't all have missions associated with them. No way do they have 42 "proper" big missions in the game.

Why not? The game's been in dev for awhile. Are you saying all that time and they couldn't even make 40 whole missions? Don't forget that doctor one was kind of short its not like any of these are guaranteed to be over even 10 minutes in length (which is already kind of a huge bummer)

Tovarisc

Is like destiny all over again.....but without a main raid jumping puzzle thing, not sure if jump to this game after seeing this

Well we don't know what there will be in end game, very plausible rumor about raid surfaced few weeks ago. Devs said they will be talking about end game content and plans before release. Also apparently game will feature challenge modes for missions for level 30's etc.

To me it starts to look like that game will have a lot more meat on its bones than Destiny had even after 1st DLC.

Well we don't know what there will be in end game, very plausible rumor about raid surfaced few weeks ago. Devs said they will be talking about end game content and plans before release. Also apparently game will feature challenge modes for missions for level 30's etc.

To me it starts to look like that game will have a lot more meat on its bones than Destiny had even after 1st DLC.

Fair point,I hope there are more main missions and less sidequest, I dont mind the events popping out in your way.

If the late game and post game content will get real support and not being in a paid DLC wall then it would be better than Destiny for me.

Sassen

I really think that this is just the total amount af ALL dying rogue penalties you´ve got. Not just this single one. I also get the message that I lost 3k on DZ Credits, then I looked it up in the inventory and I just lost a small amount but not 3k!

No, I definitely lost that much in one go. I was at 48k before the death and dropped down to 32k.

FiraB

Banned
Tried to give in-store credit or something like that?
Yep.

People don't believe me when I say this game will be a Destiny 2.0

If I get another 600+ hours out of the division like I have Destiny (so far) then that is easily worth the cost, if I broke down the math on cost savings of playing destiny vs other activities I do then it would be quite funny.

And if it saves me buying another game for the next 2-3 months then great, my partner will be thrilled. Plus if it can tide me over between those destiny content drops then "yay", hell if bungie and massive can coordinate content drops that would be better.

Nokterian

Taking 2 days off that is thursday and friday along with the weekend want spend as much time with this game as i can. Still getting the game on release though will be playing anyway.

Klyka

Banned
I paid 67€ for the Gold Edition on PC.
If I get 70 hours out of the Division then I paid less than 1€ per hour.

I have 21 hours in the closed beta and 10 hours in the open beta.

I feel the Division, just like Destiny, will do just fine by me.

Randy42

Thanks! That's about what I imagined. I wonder how the distribution of high end gear will work. Hopefully drops won't make all crafting obsolete.

Kind of bummed to see the crafting table didnt appear to have a section for appearance related stuff tho

Tovarisc

They should add momentary invulnerability when entering the dark zone so I don't get blown up immediately.

It actually has. You become visible and vulnerable only moment you gain control of your character. You go invisible and invulnerable moment you start to interact with the door, as you enter CP.

Thanks! That's about what I imagined. I wonder how the distribution of high end gear will work. Hopefully drops won't make all crafting obsolete.

I believe the best gear from pve won't drop as actual gears. They'll drop in crafting parts instead as 'high end crafting materials'. So you'll have to collect them to craft the high end gears. That'll do for endgame pve activities. Or perhaps if the raids rumours are true, you can get the gears from there but they'll be pretty hard (or even impossible) for fresh level 30 players. So they'll need to get the crafted gears first to be able to tackle the raid. So raid gears are the highest tier. Yeah, I hope there'll be tiers for level 30 gears so there'll be longevity for endgame activities.

I paid 67€ for the Gold Edition on PC.
If I get 70 hours out of the Division then I paid less than 1€ per hour.

I have 21 hours in the closed beta and 10 hours in the open beta.

I feel the Division, just like Destiny, will do just fine by me.

That's basically how I think about it too. And I expect The Division to last me a lot longer than that.

Nokterian

That's basically how I think about it too. And I expect The Division to last me a lot longer than that.

And to me i think i will enjoy it more than destiny since destiny never caught my full attention i have everything from that game but in the end i did not really like it. But i like the whole NYC setting and more human level instead of space opera stuff or fantasy at this point it feels fresh.

Raide

Why no end game talk from Massive this point?

Either they don't 100% know which direction the game will take, so they don't want to talk specifics...or they don't have concrete plans for the game to actually end. End Game stuff basically shows players when they stop playing a game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Considering upping my Amazon pre-order from the normal to the Gold Edition for the extras, the price difference is £18, but the season pass is seemingly £32 on its own which makes the Gold Edition for a prospective long term player well worth it.

At least the gold edition is 20% off with Amazon Prime.

Wish we had that Prime offer in the UK.

I think the devs said it is only like that in the beta and in the full game,lower level players can join the higher level buddy brackets but not vice versa.

Lower levels actually have the option to join your DZ bracket, that option was also in the beta's. It just wasn't clearly advertised. But I had some low levels join our bracket in both beta's.

Ah, my friends and I must have completely missed that option, thats pretty sweet then, that was one of the main issues I was worried about.

This video is very good about explaining crafting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTsWiFJZB6M

Sounds like a lot of RNG. Everything can be level 4-30? Unless once you hit level 30 everything drops at level 30.

Now you can hopefully get a high end weapon drop or you can craft it. Being able to craft the item is based on RNG to get the blueprint, but the blueprint can have levels to it.

I really hope that once you hit 30 you only get 30 level drop or at least 28-30 or something like that.

Imagine getting a high end weapon that is level 8.

urge26

Either they don't 100% know which direction the game will take, so they don't want to talk specifics...or they don't have concrete plans for the game to actually end. End Game stuff basically shows players when they stop playing a game.

More specifically raids. The reason I've played Destiny for 1500+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom