• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryph

More specifically raids. The reason I've played Destiny for 1500+ hours.

Only rumors and I wouldn't advocate buying the game based on those rumors. If you're only in it for the raids then you should probably wait. There are murmurs of 8 player groups and Rikers Island but these are questionable rumors at best.

I know I'll get 60+ hours out of the game easy, so it's a no brainer purchase for me but if you have reservations about raids and other late game content I'd wait until they announce something definite.

What is this fascination with end game? and raids. They are usually more of the same but harder (maybe different enemies and tweaks/buffs) and with more people and maybe better gear.

Tovarisc

What is this fascination with end game? and raids. They are usually more of the same but harder (maybe different enemies and tweaks/buffs) and with more people and maybe better gear.

need some insight.

Once you are done with leveling content you may want some "end game content" that keeps you coming back, and makes grind for that gear more enjoyable. Raids are your usual suspects for end game content.

Ah, my friends and I must have completely missed that option, thats pretty sweet then, that was one of the main issues I was worried about.

It was quite well hidden, since I put a lot of time into the beta's and leveled up fast I never was in the position to try it myself. But the option was available under group management, and then it was something like 'join friend in higher DZ bracket'.

That's exactly it, people want challenging content and mechanics that will keep them coming back, often trying to get that one amazing piece of gear.

Gryph

Raids used to be used to justify the idea of monthly subscriptions. People paid each month in an MMO for a continued shot at the progression treadmill, better gear / harder challenges.

Without the subscription though? It's a vestigial part of the MMO label. People expect a final tier of hard dungeons that require large teams in their online games.

Not sure it's an entirely fair expectation, but there you go.

Raids used to be used to justify the idea of monthly subscriptions. People paid each month in an MMO for a continued shot at the progression treadmill, better gear / harder challenges.

Without the subscription though? It's a vestigial part of the MMO label. People expect a final tier of hard dungeons that require large teams in their online games.

Not sure it's an entirely fair expectation, but there you go.

thx

Yeah i got the just of it for most part. Hope whatever end game and "raid" type content and new mechanics get added. Isn't shit nor does it f up the entire game in the process. Unlike some other games.

urge26

Only rumors and I wouldn't advocate buying the game based on those rumors. If you're only in it for the raids then you should probably wait. There are murmurs of 8 player groups and Rikers Island but these are questionable rumors at best.

I know I'll get 60+ hours out of the game easy, so it's a no brainer purchase for me but if you have reservations about raids and other late game content I'd wait until they announce something definite.

Preorder with season pass kept, I'll play this and get my money's worth but would like to see something more than DZ.

Zetty

Neo Member
Sounds like a lot of RNG. Everything can be level 4-30? Unless once you hit level 30 everything drops at level 30.

Now you can hopefully get a high end weapon drop or you can craft it. Being able to craft the item is based on RNG to get the blueprint, but the blueprint can have levels to it.

I really hope that once you hit 30 you only get 30 level drop or at least 28-30 or something like that.

Imagine getting a high end weapon that is level 8.

From the video it sounds like the level is always set (by the blueprint) but the firearm/stam/tech bonuses and other bonuses will be random.

PaperCoyote

Neo Member
I honestly couldn't tell what language they were speaking but the one guy sounded like he had a Russian accent and they were saying "da". Would have been cool if it was Russian. Oh well...
To me it sounded as if one kid was Russian, one was Spanish and the other French. Like he was being attacked by the squeaker version of the U.N.

Ubersnug

Question for gold edition pre-orders on Xbox one (and ps4 I suppose). Apparently gold edition/season pass holders now get all 7 dlc costumes, instead of just the hazmat and national guard costumes. Can anyone else confirm that their console has preloaded the additional costumes?

Oh dang, you might be right. crazy.

Yea I was gonna preorder it with GCU and get the free $10 Giftcard with it. Looks like I should've done it earlier in the week like I originally planned :( Im hoping it comes back into stock before release, it would be nice to use that card towards uncharted/QBreak for April!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Remember that one time that we got to play The Division.

That was a good time.

Hawk269

Question for gold edition pre-orders on Xbox one (and ps4 I suppose). Apparently gold edition/season pass holders now get all 7 dlc costumes, instead of just the hazmat and national guard costumes. Can anyone else confirm that their console has preloaded the additional costumes?

Yes, I did get more costumes. I did not count but it was more that 4 in total. I will check for you later.

Remember that one time that we got to play The Division.

That was a good time.

ZmtV4mUf.jpeg

Hawk269

I did not get a chance to use my Elite controller with the game during the beta period, for those that did, how did you configure the buttons/paddles?

deoee

Guys. Remember...? When we used to venture into the DZ and extract good loot? Remember that time?

13 days._.

Gryph

Guys. Remember...? When we used to venture into the DZ and extract good loot? Remember that time?

13 days._.

Pretty sure I extracted a cool running shirt and a leather jacket... Other than that, I think I just sold all the blues...

Gryph

When does the first expansion pack drop? I'm not sure whether to buy the gold edition.

I don't think there's any firm schedule yet.

Ubisoft usually delivers in the 40-60 day window for the first DLC. But that's just speculation.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

13 days._.

The wait is good for me. Gives me time to finish Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna before moving on. Also gives me some time to catch up on comics!

Ubersnug

Well, regardless of what the store page says, I have all 7 downloaded to my Xbox.

This is weird. Between Gaf and a few Xbox related Facebook groups, some have got and confirmed the 7 costumes. Others, like myself, only have the 2. What regional Xbox store did you buy yours from? I got mine from the Argentinian store and I'm wondering if the extra costumes only show up when bought from certain regional stores.

Anyone who preordered the PS4 Gold Edition in the last days? Want to know if you still get all preorder outfits or not anymore as posted before that they changed that in the Xbox Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom