• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We must go deeper!

Make it one life only, you die, character is deleted

Bring it on

ohh.gif

Helznicht

Ugh, please no. Wasn't the bigger part of the city surrounding the DZ supposed to be strictly PvE only and offlimits for PvP crap? Why have a Dark Zone in the first place then? Hope this 'hardcore multiplayer experience' is only going to apply for people who purchase that particular DLC.

Sounds like a "What If" comic.

* The Division fails to gain control and the DZ expands to all of New York

or

* The Division cleans up the DZ and its all PVE.

Either way its bad IMO. As a guy who likes both chilling out grinding out mobs and high tension kill or be killed play in short spurts, it sucks. If I buy the 2nd expansion do I always have to play in 100% DZ? If I can choose, can I move the same character back and forth?

Hmm this has me rethinking my pre-order.

Hawk269

Nah, just cheap and low skill tactic. Nothing hardcore about shooting player to back of their head with M44 or M1A 1-2 times for kill ;)
It is a kill or be killed tactic. The DZ is about survival and shooting people in the back is giving you a leg up on surviving that encounter.

It is a kill or be killed tactic. The DZ is about survival and shooting people in the back is giving you a leg up on surviving that encounter.

Exactly. That's why i'll sticky bomb then firebomb mo'fo's in the back even before shooting them. Fair fights are to be avoided at all costs.

TsuWave

so erm, i'm itching to play this thing again.

turned on destiny for iron banner and its not holding me at all. i wanna be playing the division. and i never thought i'd say that cause even yesterday when a friend asked me if i was buying i said yeah, then he asked if he should too and if its a "destiny replacer", i said yeah you should its fun but no its not, get it for downtimes. and i said it with conviction, but if he asked today my second answer might have been different or at least i would waver, i don't know if its the novelty factor but i really just wanna be playing it right now.

Any word on whether they will improve the Appearance menu?

Should be able to put that stuff in the stash, and there should be a Preview function imo

Also it'd be nice if there were Loadouts

SJRB

Gold Member

Should be able to put that stuff in the stash, and there should be a Preview function imo

Yeah the appearance menu is atrocious, I really expected that one to be completely reworked in the open beta but alas.

I really hope they will though, because it's a nightmare to navigate and infinitely more cumbersome than it ever should or needs to be.

Hawk269

They should add a closet at your home base so you can store your appearance items. Have a mirror so you can pimp yourself out and all.

I played for only about 10 hours total(Which is a lot for me) but this is shaping up to be the best Ubisoft game I have played since Prince of Persia.

I haven't cared for one franchise of theirs since the PoP and Splinter Cell games but this is sooooooo good.

Tovarisc

I hope we can do some customization to our characters [hair, face...] even after locking it down in creator. Noticed that character in creator and then in-game looked tad different, also not being able to turn the head is minus. I want to see those hairstyles from sides and back!

cormack12

Gold Member
Can someone quickly check I have the dark zone right?

The DZ is essentially a PvP MMO style area with NPC's that drop 'better loot'. When you acquire loot off the NPC's you then have to extract it whereby you can do it as a team of players so everyone keeps their loot or you can run to an extraction already in progress, mow everyone down and steal their loot?

Secondly, you can join into a player/player 'fireteam' and just take out existing players or NPC's and keep whatever.

I couldn't grasp the concept of going rogue. If I'm not in a group, and I shoot on another random player, do I become rogue and everyone can see me on their map? I know if I shoot another player in a group the entire group displays as 'rogue'.

I really like it, and will probably co-op the PvE definitely, I'm not sure on co-op as the extractions basically became 'call in an extraction', players camp. First one to try and extract gets nailed. Which was leading to no one actually extracting in most cases.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I hope we can do some customization to our characters [hair, face...] even after locking it down in creator. Noticed that character in creator and then in-game looked tad different, also not being able to turn the head is minus. I want to see those hairstyles from sides and back!

I hope the customization layout in general is better in the final game.
From the videos showing some of it they looked better at the few glances i got.

However upon asking them about "plastic surgery" post creation, they gave a vague "no".

Hair? Possibly, but full on re-customization seems to not be featured.
Yeah but that timer isn't correct because i'm stuck at 25 hours even after playing the open beta.
I had 2 games, uPlay activated and Steam so I have no idea. Even if the time is off the items extracted is crazy :D

So many pom pom's!

So how can I get into DivisionGAF community on PS4? Who's in it?

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!
Here you go

Tovarisc

I thought season pass only had cosmetic items. They have events too?

"Plus on March 8, Season Pass owners will unlock the exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction. Season Pass owners also receive a set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins, as well as access to special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events."
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...-peek-at-tom-clancys-the-division-season-pass

Do we have anything going for a PC community? I'm rather new to the UPLAY stuff, so are we setting up friends/groups via Steam or just through the UPLAY client?

Not sure if I want to get the Gold edition in place of my reg. version from cdkeys. I want the guard outfit and think the support will be good, but not sure if I'll be able to devote much in a feww months time to take full advantage of the pass.

Zom

Banned
So how many weapons are in destiny?
I wonder if there will be less, since is not technically speaking fantasy, and they cant make up weapons ( or can they?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom