• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frillen

But is the game going to have a raid or something along those lines? Or is the hardest/last part going to be mission 10 on the hardest difficulty setting?

bjaelke

It's confirmed 10 main story missions, and a "generous handful" of wing/skill tree missions (probably 4-6 each so 12-18 total) then a lot of side missions.
To get a handle on the campaign, how big is the story mode?

[...]

There’s a generous handful of each missions tied to each wing for the main campaign. There’s more than 10 main missions which are these combat focused, rollercoaster rides, more linear experiences, to balance out the complete freedom of the open world, which is a big part of the formula.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/15/th...ay-hard-mode-loot-and-free-updates-laid-bare/

Imagine if we only had 1 life in that mode, oh man the tension would be high, true hide and seek survival

The dream.

24 players. No AI. Appear on the map/minimap when you shoot. Directional wave on your minimap that flashes to help you find other players. Start with 3 hp bars, medkits/ammo can only be retrieved from killed players.

Loot ladder, first to die gets something shit, last to die gets an orange with everything in between.

The1Ski

Hmm??

There is rumors about a raid 2 weeks after launch.

Also hard mode scales to your level, so a level 7 mission on hard and you are 25 makes everything 25

Is the source of this rumor somebody on Gaf/Reddit sharing their hopes and dreams? Anything more substantial than spit balling?

Iwanttobelieve.xls

bjaelke

Is the source of this rumor somebody on Gaf/Reddit sharing their hopes and dreams? Anything more substantial than spit balling?

Iwanttobelieve.xls

Someone on Reddit who initially name dropped a Massive employee, edited and then deleted his post.

SomTervo

Oh god, I'm getting really harsh Destiny vibes. I've been burned by these promises one too many times.

In The Division's defence, the structure/design we saw in the Beta was infinitely more promising than Destiny.

In Destiny Beta it was:
> here is a smallish map. In the full game there will be loads more maps and it will be huge! It will be a great universe to explore! We promise!
> in the full game there will be loads of content! We promise!
> after the release there'll be loads of DLC! It will be huge! We promise!

On Destiny release:
> shit. That map was the entire area. And there was almost nothing else to do in it. And the other three maps are equally small. There's no sense of adventure and it's all divided up.
> shit. There's maybe 4 times more SP content in the full game than there was in the Beta - which is like 10 hours. But worse, that 10 hours was spent doing exactly the same thing every 30 minutes, and unlike Halo, it wasn't very engaging or dynamic. Half the vehicles, half the enemy types, a horrific RNG system, worse AI and level design.
> besides the Raid (which it was a struggle to even get to) the DLC showing was terrible for the entire first year and was lots of tiny crap and no new maps.

In Division Beta it is:
> here is a smallish chunk of map. You can actually see the entire game's map by zooming out, and we've shown it off in videos. You know exactly how much game you're getting!
> in the Beta alone there is almost as much good SP content as there was in the entirety of Destiny's full release. And they've shown off in videos the full map with all the missions/content you'll get on it.
> they have confirmed a new part of the map in the first DLC. But what's more; the map and mission design structure lends itself perfectly to DLC - there is already half-built map north into central park and the rest of Manhattan, so the DLC already has a structure to fall into place with.

Incomparable IMO.

Expansion II: Survival

In this expansion, the whole map turns into a Dark Zone for a hardcore multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information.

here.

Oh shit, more than 10 main missions? Damn, I misread!

Hate the term 'generous handful' though. It's all such waffley PR speak.

Archpath1

Yea the rumor for the raid was
Either of 2 trigger quest lines that end with the raid being opened up to you, Riker island

True idk but it would be cool

degoose

Neo Member
People don't believe me when I say this game will be a Destiny 2.0

All the signs are there

I spent around 600 hours on Destiny over the last 17 months . From what i see of the division it scratches the same itch but with more seamless areas and interesting pve/pvp section and a mix of story and encounters. I for one though was never bothered about story in destiny i just want things to do. Anytime people went on about story in Destiny i just thought you were looking at the wrong kind of game as the game was a looter shooter not some epic story game. It's like playing WoW and actually giving a crap about story .

All ubisoft need to do is make sure that there is a constant flow of content that keeps people coming back and keeping them entertained and intrigued. Something Bungie has messed up on.

The1Ski

Someone on Reddit who initially name dropped a Massive employee, edited and then deleted his post.

Ooh shit I do remember that. Couldn't it have been somebody talking out of their element though?

I'm very interested to see where this game goes, regardless.

deoee

Me:

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

SomTervo

Imagine if we only had 1 life in that mode, oh man the tension would be high, true hide and seek survival

Too tense for me I think!

I actually mainly enjoyed the singleplayer/co-op side of things. Dark Side was a nice change of pace but the meat for me will be main city content.

The announcer was too damn loud... "NOW ENTERING A CONTAMINATED AREA!"

Yeah, but he was Garrus, so it was OK

How many were in the beta?

I can think of ~17

i saw atleast these, can't remember most of the names of the handguns and what version of Scar and L86 there was etc.

AK 47
Converted SMG-9
Double Barrel
FAL
L86 LSW
M14
M1911
M1A
M4
M870 MCS
M9
MP5
MP7
P416
RPK-74
SASG-12
SCAR-H Mk 17
SCAR-L Mk 16
SR-16
Super 90
T821
Vector 45 ACP

deoee

i saw atleast these, can't remember most of the names of the handguns and what version of Scar and L86 there was etc.

AK 47
Converted SMG-9
Double Barrel
FAL
L86 LSW
M14
M1911
M1A
M4
M870 MCS
M9
MP5
MP7
P416
RPK-74
SASG-12
SCAR-H Mk 17
SCAR-L Mk 16
SR-16
Super 90
T821
Vector 45 ACP

If I counted correctly that's ~1/3 of all the listed weapons in the reddit thread.

bati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Excellent list. And let's keep in mind that these are just the base models, then you also got burst variants and shit.

I only hope that they're not segmented into tiers and that you can roll good stats on all of them, if not before then at level cap. This way you could still go for your favorite rifle without gimping yourself.

deoee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Excellent list. And let's keep in mind that these are just the base models, then you also got burst variants and shit.

I only hope that they're not segmented into tiers and that you can roll good stats on all of them, if not before then at level cap. This way you could still go for your favorite rifle without gimping yourself.

There are variants of weapons?

Like a FAL without burst?

can't watch the video '_'

I'd really like some proper, super high damage, super long range snipers in the game. There werent any in the beta and i dont see any on that data mined list. Maybe they'd mess too much with the bullet-sponge health systems being one to two shot kills.

deoee

I'd really like some proper, super high damage, super long range snipers in the game. There werent any in the beta and i dont see any on that data mined list. Maybe they'd mess too much with the bullet-sponge health systems being one to two shot kills.

Tec said during the beta that we'll have them
but i dont know the source D:

if that list is what we got in the final game then there aren't any. was probably a design decision not to enable really long range combat, especially in the darkzone.

Kane1345

Wasn't that the carbine? The bolt action marksman rifle? I personally didn't like it but I think that might be something you'd like

spannicus

Gotta be snipers in the game, not having them would be stupid. What already sucks is the lack of stealth/takedowns. Get that certain things break gameplay but come on, snipers?

I think they'd break the game unfortunately :(

With the long streets and open world, it'd be very easy to just stand at one end of a street taking shots at enemies while they have no chance of hitting you. It worked in Destiny I think as the enemies could surround you much easier, and you couldn't rely on planting yourself behind cover as much as you do in The Division.

From what I played, the M44 does good damage, but its damage is hugely reduced at more than 50m or so.

Kane1345

M1A is a marksman rifle but I changed the scope to a 4x and modded it to have a 28% bigger mag and used it as a mid range weapon. That's my jam so I was happy to see I could do it in the game :D

The1Ski

SCAR and FAL, that's all I need

Wonder if there will be one named orange for every type of gun.

I would hope that there at least a few high-end per type. Only one legendary M4, for example, would be disappointing. What if the traits suck? What if it is comparatively weak? What if the skin is super lame?

deoee

Regarding scopes:

I had a 13x Scope on my M1A in the beta but when I zoomed in it wasn't really 13x but more like 2-3x :/
Anyone knows what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom