• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the short time I've had so far. Enemies feel a little bullet sponge like but that's just me. I haven't played an mmorpg in a few months.

I played the first beta on PS4 and finished all the missions including side missions. Maybe because I went in solo, but the DZ was boring and uneventful to me. Seemed like all that occurred had was random shoot outs with NPCs or rogue players. Are there supposed to be missions or something?

Thinking of jumping back in this weekend. I"ll probably look for a group on GAF this time if I do.

IvorB

The Morgue Mission is pretty fun. Not as hectic as I would have though but it was on Normal. :D

Accidentally went Rogue in the DZ. Waiting to extract with another survivor and someone runs in and starts shooting the other guy. Turret goes down and it kills them both and I did not mean to kill the survivor guy! I took his loot to make sure it did not fall into the wrong hands.

Then extracted some loot and one guy was hanging around trying to kill 4 of us while we tied out gear onto the line. He was hanging back trying to be all chill. Douche lol.

"make sure it did not fall into the wrong hands" Ha ha ha! Yeah... that's so thoughtful of you. :) Looking forward to more Dark Zone shenanigans. The big question though is if I will be able to find my black baseball cap again...

Helznicht

What? So it got worse in the new beta?

Doubt its worse, seems a solid 30 to me and I understand the tearing is gone. But even the PC version at 40fps feels a lot smoother. This is not a knock to the console version (feels like most console games to me), but a testament of how much polish went into the PC version. It feels fast and responsive and not a bit of studder at any frame rate (vsync or no).

Flintty

Why do I have to work for a living? I could be at home playing the Beta. I've missed playing this game a bit too much.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Some of the Yellow and Purple/blue enemies can be a bit spongy. Hitting them in the head helps. :D

Teach me master, my controller aim is
Pred_Jung_02.gif

It's Alex
nKOIA1m.jpg

Raide

"make sure it did not fall into the wrong hands" Ha ha ha! Yeah... that's so thoughtful of you. :) Looking forward to more Dark Zone shenanigans. The big question though is if I will be able to find my black baseball cap again...

:D

I would much rather go in a group that won't go Rogue all the time but I can see the benefits of it.

My first few DZ steps are pretty scary. The DZ seems very empty, so seeing something move in the shadows is terrifying. :D

thenameDS

Would love to be able to swap the B and A buttons around. My brain is so use to having B for cover and A for jumping or vaulting :S

Dr Dogg

Someone on /r/thedivision found these item progression images:

BPqntPo.png

Yt3JAfa.png

x7pQNan.png

That loot progession look is so mouth watering. That final backpack is so sexy.

It's like the progression is going from Gaudy Backpacker all the way to Deus Ex style. Hope the coats you rob from peoples abandoned homes get better the higher leveled you get into the city. There's only so many tacky North Face rip off jackets a man can take.

Raide

I like checking out the buildings to see what there is in there. Really hope they have more of this!

I am spending my time walking around the city seeing what there is. Some really grimy parts of the city. :D

I like the new mission , though flamers are pretty easy from a distance , that boss though is damn hard.

Looking forward to trying it all again on the ps4 where I can try out some dark zone .

The time-to-kill in general is much lower on PC, even without consistent headshots. The recoil model just seems ill-suited to dual analog gamepads. I played the first beta using the Steam controller and even that was much, much more precise.

The time-to-kill in general is much lower on PC, even without consistent headshots. The recoil model just seems ill-suited to dual analog gamepads. I played the first beta using the Steam controller and even that was much, much more precise.

It comes down to your preference. I can't aim to save my life for headshots on PC but I can do them just fine on a controller. I don't think it's the version of the game so much as which way you tend to lean.

I think it's just a longer time to kill than most are used to in modern shooters. Compare the the avg TTK in the Division to Destiny, CoD, Battlefield or even RS:Siege... they're all much quicker for the most part and headshots can kill in 1-2 bullets from your avg small arms. (not snipers/heavies - thats a given)

MrBlonde

I am really looking forward to this game, more then I thought I would be im going to wait for the full release since I already played the closed beta. I don't feel like getting good loot and progress just to lose it all again. PVZ2 will hold me over for a couple weeks :)

I still haven't pre ordered but plan to soon, I just cant decide if I want standard or Gold. I guess I can buy the Season Pass at a later date if I end up loving the game and since we still don't know what the DLC will even be.

It comes down to your preference. I can't aim to save my life for headshots on PC but I can do them just fine on a controller. I don't think it's the version of the game so much as which way you tend to lean.

I cannot fathom how one could manage to not be more precise with a mouse.

Just burst fire whilst repeatedly tapping the left trigger. The auto aim automatically snaps to the head.

Edit: as long as the reticule is in close proximity

Quite easily; next to never playing with mouse. It requires different kind eye to hand coordination than controller with analog sticks.
Yep that's true.
Just burst fire whilst repeatedly tapping the left trigger. The auto aim automatically snaps to the head.

Edit: as long as the reticule is in close proximity
Well sure, the game aiming for you is probably pretty easy.
I find something really off about aiming a gun with a mouse. Something about the precision and quickness just seems so at odds with the actual business of aiming a gun.
Are you making the case that using a mouse is too precise?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I find something really off about aiming a gun with a mouse. Something about the precision and quickness just seems so at odds with the actual business of aiming a gun.

Aiming a gun IRL is really snappy too. So I don't quite understand your point.

IvorB

Are you making the case that using a mouse is too precise?

Um... yeah... kind of. Now, I'm not a soldier or anything but I imagine that a human being aiming a heavy gun is not as quick or clinical as moving a cursor with a mouse. I feel that, to me anyway, analogue control might better represent the feel of actually aiming a gun.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Maaan why does it have to be on PC tomorrow !!

Do we the time for when it will start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom