• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatSu

ZYIeREv.gif

george_us

This is some good shit. Not sure it's good enough for a day one purchase with Dark Souls 3 right around the corner but much better than I was expecting. Enemies aren't nearly the damage sponges I was expecting. Hell there are some FPSers (Halo) that have worse damage sponges than this title.

ryanofcall

How many players are in a dark zone instance at a time and how big is the map?

Also, how large of a group can you have in and out of DZ.

DZ is 32 I think?
DZ map is about 1/3 of the whole map, but there's a rumour that there will be a DZ mode for the whole map.

Raide

Getting into the DZ when its night and a blizzard is howling around, is really scary. You can hardly see in front of you!

dabeasty

can someone please answer this in the dz when i extract items
where do i find them are they in my inventory?
and also if i die after extracting i dont lose them right

SAMZ

Had way too much fun in the DZ on the closed beta. Idk if i should put off the open beta to avoid being worn out when i get this day 1.

Also please i need my pvp fix, i need traditional pvp modes and DZ doesn't count.

Turning the power back on was a much better mission than the medical one, plus it was like DeNiro was barking orders at me. Nice. And with that, I'm done playing the beta. I'm no redoing the same three times.

Raide

I must admit, Grenade throwing is not coming natural to me yet. Keep forgetting about it because it feels complicated to select, aim and throw one. Am I missing something?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I must admit, Grenade throwing is not coming natural to me yet. Keep forgetting about it because it feels complicated to select, aim and throw one. Am I missing something?

A keyboard

Honestly throwing a nade on the Xbox is such a pain in the butt. Idk why.

Tovarisc

It's slow and awkward for sure. You really need to get motivated to do it and then plan and time it perfectly so you don't just sit there like total tool for too long when aiming that thing. Throwing grenades in PvP situations is such insanity and requires very passive players so it works, and doesn't get you killed.

Edit: If there is some quick throw function on PC I totally missed that

Raide

A keyboard

It's slow and awkward for sure. You really need to get motivated to do it and then plan and time it perfectly so you don't just sit there like total for too long when aiming that thing. Throwing grenades in PvP situations is such insanity and requires very passive players so it works, and doesn't get you killed.

Agreed. Why is it so tricky to throw one? I guess its because they have the bumpers assigned for skills etc, no just having a grenade button would be hard. I would much rather select and press one button to throw, or hold it to get aiming.

Tecnniqe

Banned
BTW the OB is on Steam as well if you prefer download/install via that

steam://install/414460

You might want to double-check your settings then, because it's definitely enabled in that screenshot:

Xl1uaBt.png

Uh i turned it off, quit game and reloaded and its back on.

Lol wtf, guess that explains why :S I knew something was off but i figured it was something else since i turned that shit off.

Hmm i checked a few images and CA is off, however between the 6 i took 2 of them got CA back on..

The fuck?

arhra

A keyboard

Elite makes life easy, though. I bound the lower two paddles to dpad left/right for quick access to grenades/medkits/consumables, and it makes it so much better.

Tawpgun

LOL I'm hearing the turret will fire upon neutral agents causing you to go rogue RIP

That's gotta be rectified in the full game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom