• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the straw poll 40/40 ps4/PD 20 % Xbox
No one knows what the end game will be

So you think PS4 will have a larger playerbase? I was gonna pre order it sometime this week from BB. I own both consoles so I was wandering on which one to get. Since this is a MMO playerbase will probably matter more over graphics. Usually buy ps4 version for better graphics.

So you think PS4 will have a larger playerbase? I was gonna pre order it sometime this week from BB. I own both consoles so I was wandering on which one to get. Since this is a MMO playerbase will probably matter more over graphics. Usually buy ps4 version for better graphics.
You can't go wrong with either. I own both PS4 and Xbox but going PS4 since the bulk of my friends are playing on that. It's all about preference and where your friends are.

damn it Ubi launch the servers already.
gonna get my gold edition early next week and I would not be able to play it even having it just kills the mood even more

Tecnniqe

Banned
is that a bad thing?
Not at all, i just cant figure out why it reminded me of Halo :eek:
TRIGGERED

giphy.gif

erawsd

Mostly good....mostly.

Also, I was thinking, guys. Does a game like this REALLY need Raids to survive? I think back to Diablo 2/3, Borderlands, PSO, etc. All of those games have great replay without the need for raids. Sure, perhaps Destiny has changed the landscape, but are Raids really something that's necessary?

It doesnt need raid content but based on what weve seen I think its pve design is much more ridgid like Destiny. In Diablo you have a system of ever increasing rewards and difficulty. It is also really strong in terms class + build variety and the loot you get also factors heavily into that. Plus theres just enough procedural generation and rng to keep you on your toes. All of that helps keep things fresh and interesting, which is why even WoW is starting to model a lot of its design after diablo 3.

idonteven

i really hope the servers stay offline until release tho... don't want to get destroyed by some dude in the dark zone with all legendarys

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hope servers dont go live until the release hits the exact opening time.

Screw getting shit early and be OP before regulars can come in :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
In my looking for games to play until Division comes out, Siege kicked my ass and MGO I kicked ass.

:|

I hope i can get a Bunny costume in Division :D
Easter DLC

erawsd

everything has matchmaking right? so it's unlike Destiny in that regard?

Yeah, which is an interesting choice since not having matchmaking for high end activities has become standard in these types of games. The bigger problem with Destiny is that it doesnt even have a proper "LFG" tool where players can build their own groups.

kinggroin

Banned
So wait, does this game NOT have a single player component? I remember doing solo missions during the beta. Please tell me online access isn't a requirement.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
So wait, does this game NOT have a single player component? I remember doing solo missions during the beta. Please tell me online access isn't a requirement.

There are definitely single player missions, but I am pretty sure you need to be online/connected in order to play this game (even the single player missions).

Klyka

Banned
There are definitely single player missions, but I am pretty sure you need to be online/connected in order to play this game (even the single player missions).

you can do absolutely everything in the game solo BUT you need to be connected to the internet.

Klyka

Banned
...huh. Why? This may be a deal breaker for me as I have periodic issues with the stability of my internet access

cause that's how many games nowadays are. you need to be connected to their main server. i'm pretty sure it's like destiny where your characters and such are all stored on their servers.

kinggroin

Banned
cause that's how many games nowadays are. you need to be connected to their main server. i'm pretty sure it's like destiny where your characters and such are all stored on their servers.

Ah! OK that makes sense, so obviously we can just hop to any platform and continue with our character then!

BladeSinner

Neo Member

This. Also, there are somewhat random encounters that can be had walking the streets to your mission/area, which I am pretty sure are also to some respect tied to their servers.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Ah! OK that makes sense, so obviously we can just hop to any platform and continue with our character then!

Unfortunately this has been confirmed as not happening. It is more of an issue with agreements between Microsoft and Sony and Ubi that prevent this instead of the technology preventing it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Does anyone have a good, clear image of the game's map?

If you got it from another website, please post the source if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom