• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the Gold Edition on PS4 as part of the 15 for 100 promotion on PSN. I have two friends at work who are gonna play it on PS4 as well as three of their friends, so we should have a decent-sized crew available most of the time.

The betas were fun, so I took a chance on the season pass for The Division being worth it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
AFAIK the only other site authorized to sell Blizzard keys is Gamestop...so if you see any other site that isn't the official Blizzard store or Gamestop selling them then you're rolling the dice

Eh always buy their games digital on their shop :)
Didn't know it was only gamestop who had authorization. Good to know.

Dreathlock

Is there any advantage in buying the steam version?
I will have to install and run uplay even if i buy the steam version, right?

Hawk269

Any word if by release they will have SLI working properly? In the 2 Beta's it was not working at all, so just curious if SLI will be available by launch. I want to run the game at 4k/60fps, but no way this is possible without SLI.

Duraigo

So apparently there are pikachus in New York
CcQsUDBXIAI9Aby.jpg

Which made me think of a cross over.

An alternate version of The Division where the virus that is released upon New York doesn’t give people an advanced version of smallpox, but turns them into Pikachus like in the pictured provided above. Imagine fighting those in the DZ.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Any word if by release they will have SLI working properly? In the 2 Beta's it was not working at all, so just curious if SLI will be available by launch. I want to run the game at 4k/60fps, but no way this is possible without SLI.
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

lol I was thinking of playing Syndicate for the exact same reasons. I need 220 uplay points to unlock everything else.

The Division earns you a maximum of 200 Uplay credits as well if you do all of the actions...so you can always just unlock whatever you think is really important and wait for the other stuff

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
might as well buy the division while I'm here. THink I might go for like a sharpshooter class of sorts to support the people I'm playing with. Are there any guides to doing that yet?

Not really yet. Just take perks that increase crit, prioritize firearms gear, and run a marksman rifle + smg.

LifEndz

Just saw a commercial for it during the thunder game. Can't believe how hyped it got me. Was playing the raid in destiny last night and the whole fireteam was talking about the division. Less than two weeks!!!

Last week I realized that The Division is coming out right when the majority of my college classes are going into that MID-TERMS ARE COMING difficulty spike. Of course, I'm still gonna play it day one but i'll feel guilty about not doing homework the whole time!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm going to need to start adding some folks on PS4 for this. A lot of the people I usually play Destiny with are getting this on PC but I do not have a gaming rig.

DrBo42

Just saw a commercial for it during the thunder game. Can't believe how hyped it got me. Was playing the raid in destiny last night and the whole fireteam was talking about the division. Less than two weeks!!!

Population of Destiny is going to be absolutely gutted when this drops. Wonder what the numbers are going to be.

I'm excited that the game has great remote play support with unique button mapping (e.g. Sprinting is down on D-pad). It's nice when the Devs go that extra mile.

SilentFlyer

I'm going to need to start adding some folks on PS4 for this. A lot of the people I usually play Destiny with are getting this on PC but I do not have a gaming rig.

Same here. We need Google Doc sheet with list of Gaffers planning ti play it.

You can add me though ixYi my PSN.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
I can't see it being for long, both different in play style, definitely room for both.

True, but Destiny has been without DLC/Much to do for a while, so while there is definitely room for both, I can see the Division taking some hours away from Destiny players at least initially.

Klyka

Banned
Fuck Ubi. Really.

Why do I need to sign into my UPlay account from the "Sign In" button when I'm already signed in?

Also, why the fuck does the sign in box that does pop up, not have the Facebook sign in etc? How am I meant to know what my password is?

Sod your gun skin.

o_O

Tecnniqe

Banned
Fuck Ubi. Really.

Why do I need to sign into my UPlay account from the "Sign In" button when I'm already signed in?

Also, why the fuck does the sign in box that does pop up, not have the Facebook sign in etc? How am I meant to know what my password is?

Sod your gun skin.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom