• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

The Division is a test of Bungies philosophy that things shouldn't have MM. As we know the Division has MM for everything.

For Destiny, I agree that the Raids shouldn't have MM. But what about everything else? Why couldn't you have a "freelance Trials" playlist for people who just wanted to get their bounties done? Why not have Optional MM for the daily story mission and every other story mission in the game? Why not have MM for the current ridiculously easy NF?

Tovarisc

The Division is a test of Bungies philosophy that things shouldn't have MM. As we know the Division has MM for everything.

For Destiny, I agree that the Raids shouldn't have MM. But what about everything else? Why couldn't you have a "freelance Trials" playlist for people who just wanted to get their bounties done? Why not have Optional MM for the daily story mission and every other story mission in the game? Why not have MM for the current ridiculously easy NF?

Funnily enough you can see Bungie promoting different LFG sites for Destiny. They don't implement that stuff into the game itself, but are okay with promoting 3rd party solutions. Hell, DIM is still beating them up and down the street when it comes to inventory management solutions.

Geist-

I have $54 sitting in my Steam wallet, but then PSN is running that $15 for $100 promo.

Also have the PS4 CE preordered on my Amazon account. Which I actually don't remember preordering last summer, but now it has the Prime discount on it.

If you're looking for a deal, I got my Gold Edition for $71 from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4599ya/just_got_the_division_gold_edition_for_6750/

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-gold-edition-uplay-key--2631-2

I think a lot more people need to know about this. Could help if funds are tight this month (like me) but really need that sweet candy.

Gamesplanet is a licensed retailer for Ubisoft, and they're currently having a sale for 30% of the Gold Edition, plus an additional 5% if you link your steam account to their group.

*Enjoy your sweet, sweet, Gold Edition (Or save even more money on the standard edition.)*

*Also; I do not work for them. I am just good at finding bargains*

1) Sign up to Gamesplanet using your Steam account. If do you have an account already, connect it to steam from the "Social Login" tab in your account.

2) Then visit www.foruncut.com – It'll redirect you to the Steam group, which you shall become a member of.

3) Once done – wait for at least 10 minutes (that's the time Steam needs to update cached API results)

4) Visit Gamesplanet through this link: https://foruncut.gamesplanet.com

5) You're then done and 5% group discount are applied to your GP account. You'll see the discount applied, once you add a game to the cart.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

It's 25% now, but still a great deal.

Gamesplanet gets its keys from the publisher in case you're worried it some shady cdkey seller.

Se_7_eN

Yo guys!

1 week!

Animator strikes again!

What are you even doing here!? Why don't you go play Far Cry Primal or something...

WVkFKZG.gif

If you're looking for a deal, I got my Gold Edition for $71 from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4599ya/just_got_the_division_gold_edition_for_6750/

It's 25% now, but still a great deal.

Gamesplanet gets its keys from the publisher in case you're worried it some shady cdkey seller.

On a sidenote how do I redeem my Hazmat suit. I go to that website but when I clock the redeem Hazmat code button it takes me to the beta code page and after I login it says the beta has concluded. I'm never prompted for a code.

On a sidenote how do I redeem my Hazmat suit. I go to that website but when I clock the redeem Hazmat code button it takes me to the beta code page and after I login it says the beta has concluded. I'm never prompted for a code.

from what I can gather the Closed Beta code counts as the pre-order key...so if you already have that tied to your account you should already be set

don't take that as 100% guarantee though...if you don't get the suit you'll have to Contact Ubisoft and explain to them what happened

Hawk269

Maybe this will help.

I really fucking love The Division's marketing team.

Thank you for posting that. It was fantastic. I agree, the marketing team is doing great work for this game. That really got me pumped up. Just wish the PC version would look as good as that in the video...that video seemed to show the GI in full effect, so hopefully there is still hope that GI will be in the PC version.

hydruxo

how do you even find that ? i cant even find a search button

If you go to 'Discover communities' in the Community tab it'll give you a search option then just type in 'DivisionGAF'. Or you can search for my PSN name (hydruxxo) and go to my communities.

I'll add you guys to the community when I get home in a bit though!

Nokterian

Thank you for posting that. It was fantastic. I agree, the marketing team is doing great work for this game. That really got me pumped up. Just wish the PC version would look as good as that in the video...that video seemed to show the GI in full effect, so hopefully there is still hope that GI will be in the PC version.

Ehm PC version looks great? Don't know what you are saying to me it is one of the most impressive games this year alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoihtTcohO8

Also if someone could add the SHD logo to my avatar? Would be good idea right?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
My finger has been hovering over the Pre-Order Now on Amazon for the Gold PS4 Edition. I guess the season pass stuff should definitely be worth the extra $20 bones, yeah?

I should just bite the bullet and pull the trigger, even though I won't be able to play it until a week or so after release.

Hawk269

Ehm PC version looks great? Don't know what you are saying to me it is one of the most impressive games this year alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoihtTcohO8

Also if someone could add the SHD logo to my avatar? Would be good idea right?

I did not say it did not look great. I think it looks really good, but in that video it seemed apparent that GI was in place, which as of the last Beta it is not in the PC version. Believe me, I know how good the game is, I played the Beta in 4k and it look really good, but GI really adds a lot to the game.

WITHE1982

If you go to 'Discover communities' in the Community tab it'll give you a search option then just type in 'DivisionGAF'. Or you can search for my PSN name (hydruxxo) and go to my communities.

I'll add you guys to the community when I get home in a bit though!

Wow thanks for that. Will pop my name down when I get in.

Animator

Just imagine..

We could have been building our base right now.

Exploring all the streets and places we didn't have access to in the beta.

Finding swag to wear.

man..

giphy.gif

eifer

I did what I said I would never do... I pre-ordered it. Not only did I pre-order it, but I pre-ordered the digital gold edition. I can't wait for more DZ trolling on xbox

LProtag

Damn, I might get it.

I never really play games online with people and talk though, but I think I'd have to make a change for this. Any good PS4 headsets out there that won't break the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom