• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryph

Yeah, I can see both of them in my transaction history.

That's odd. Mine are definitely still unlocked. Might be an error on your account. Contact support if you want I guess? Or just get the rewards twice?

It's becoming more like y2 Destiny. Will the high-end guns also have random perks?

I don't think we've gotten confirmation yet but I'd guess that the "High-End" (Yellow) gear is all locked with specific perks. They seem to have custom unique models as well, so I'd expect them to be like the Destiny yellow stuff.

Worn through Superior (White-Purple) is probably randomized. But I am not an employee of Massive and I haven't seen official confirmation. We might hear in the AMA responses on Monday.

As someone who is a fan of damage numbers, it would be nice if we could see the numbers somewhere for damage taken as well as dished out, and how it is mitigated. Maybe just an overall log somewhere. Seems unlikely with consoles though - I can dream.

erawsd

Worn through Superior (White-Purple) is probably randomized. But I am not an employee of Massive and I haven't seen official confirmation. We might hear in the AMA responses on Monday.

Yeah, at least on beta, those were all randomized. In fact, you could get a "perfect" green quality item that had higher dmg than a "bad" roll of a blue weapon of the exact same type. The key difference between the qualities was that green had 0 talents, blue had 1, purple have 2, and high end have 3.

At least thats how it looked on beta, who knows if that carries on to retail or at higher levels.

Just upgraded to Gold edition preorder.

Not much longer now.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

goonie

As someone who is a fan of damage numbers, it would be nice if we could see the numbers somewhere for damage taken as well as dished out, and how it is mitigated. Maybe just an overall log somewhere. Seems unlikely with consoles though - I can dream.
Go to about 3:22 in this video. Is that kinda what you mean?

Epcott

What does it mean when you "roll" something in a game like this? I heard it in chat and was like... "Wha?"

Also, what's the best approach?

A) Play sp until level 8, then jump to DZ and never look back. Only surfacing for air every now and then to use your new toys in sp. (The problem here is that you might not even finish the sp game, which is half of the experience)

B)Play sp until endgame to acquire all you need for DZ? (The problem here being that you may burn out on sp and join mp when everyone is more seasoned while you're just a poor novice)

Go to about 3:22 in this video. Is that kinda what you mean?

Sort of. That information is incredibly useful, but I'd be interested in how it translated to hard numbers. You can take all that info and shoot an enemy to get an idea of what damage you're doing, but it's a lot harder to see how much damage you're taking.

MMOs usually have a "combat log" that would tell you all the numbers involved, but I have no idea how you would make that work in a console game.

What does it mean when you "roll" something in a game like this? I heard it in chat and was like... "Wha?"

Also, what's the best approach?

A) Play sp until level 8, then jump to DZ and never look back. Only surfacing for air every now and then to use your new toys in sp. (The problem here is that you might not even finish the sp game, which is half of the experience)

B)Play sp until endgame to acquire all you need for DZ? (The problem here being that you may burn out on sp and join mp when everyone is more seasoned while you're just a poor novice)

Roll something is pretty much the stats/perks you get on your weapons/armour. If your lucky you get a high roll with good perks.

I reckon you would be better levelling both ranks up together, thats what I plan on doing anyway.

Tovarisc

I'm honestly surprised at how much I'm anticipating this game. It wasn't even on my radar until the first Closed Beta.

I got so hyped for this game when it was revealed in E3 2013 and then it kinda fell off the radar, and I think most just forgot about it for most part as it was basically just mentioned during E3's. Closed and open beta really rocketed this thing back to my radar, and it seems that a lot of people found this game thanks to betas.

I can imagine :/ When I saw that endgame stuff my first thought was how devs think this was good idea because people with epilepsy will play this game.

Honestly the worst bits were the
spinning/moving monitors and broken ones which were all trippy, after those, all good...
same with a lot of modern action films these days having a need to include a nightclub scene, really annoying.

Grisby

Thanks for the heads up on spending your Uplay points. Since I never use them, and I've been a member for 5 years (apparently) I've got like 3000.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm honestly surprised at how much I'm anticipating this game. It wasn't even on my radar until the first Closed Beta.
I thought it was going to suck after seemingly being in development hell for a while. Played the open beta and wound up breaking my rule of not buying Ubisoft games day 1.

Kama_1082

Banned
If you go to 'Discover communities' in the Community tab it'll give you a search option then just type in 'DivisionGAF'. Or you can search for my PSN name (hydruxxo) and go to my communities.

I'll add you guys to the community when I get home in a bit though!
Sent a friend request!

Veritas_

Same

Couldn't have cared less about it until the reception for the beta

8 days, lads.

Ditto. I was really turned off by my initial impression until I tried the beta. Everything just clicked and I got sucked in.

Is there any chance for some PC benchmarks before release? My 780ti + 2500 was really struggling during the open beta at 1440p. I'm curious if there will be any performance bumps or if I should start looking at upgrades.

Tovarisc

Is there any chance for some PC benchmarks before release? My 780ti + 2500 was really struggling during the open beta at 1440p. I'm curious if there will be any performance bumps or if I should start looking at upgrades.

Review copies are very unlikely, imo. I imagine that Digital Foundry etc. whip up some numbers quite soon after release. Also there is always GAF's performance threads.

*checks rewards page*

*plays Valiant Hearts*

Weird: On the Canadian uPlay deals store, Far Cry 4 is advertised as $15 CAD, but rings up as $20 CAD at the checkout.

Tovarisc

Game out on 7th for XBO?
Go to Uplay Club, go to all games, scroll to the bottom, I just checked and the banner was there for me as well, and I'm in EST. Xbox Store page still says it unlocks at 12:01 AM EST on March 8th, though.
There was a big press event for Xbox though, and there was an embargo until Monday or Tuesday I think, supposed to be some big news, so I'd imagine if Xbox were to have Early Access, it would be announced when the embargo on the event coverage lifts.
I don't really know what to believe lol, if we don't hear anything by Tuesday though, probably a bug of sorts.
i8RqkDT.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...t_xbox_one_gets_game_march_7th_anyone/d0hlr0y

Any ideas on length? I read it will be a long game, but am curious as to how long they mean as a ballpark.

I'm glad to hear it can be played through solo without having to depend on others, because that helps sell it to me.

Any ideas on length? I read it will be a long game, but am curious as to how long they mean as a ballpark.

I'm glad to hear it can be played through solo without having to depend on others, because that helps sell it to me.
It will probably be pretty damn long, as its an RPG.
Also, play with us gaffers, we'll only shoot you in the back a maximum of 10 times, we promise

Kiyamon

wonder if the gold edition is worth the extra $50

If you are able to get the Amazon Prime or Best Buy 20% discount it's worth it. $80 for all game content is a good deal. Plus it seems those with the season pass or gold edition may have some extra perks (i.e. bonus XP events, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom