• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Sending my request to join the PS4 community. Really looking forward to playing this, but I think it will be enhanced by playing with people, so hopefully we can get some groups going.

Gryph

pff ps4 scrub :x

Graphic be good on pc.

They're amazing but I'm not buying a PC just to play video games. I already bought a bunch of junk to play stuff on and it lives in the living room...

No no. I'll have plenty of fun hunting down all the intel items and dressing up my agent from my couch.

Gryph

You bought a Xbone? :p

tumblr_nbkeh65kOX1qc5qa4o1_1280.gif

Cynn

I still can't decide on which platform I should go with. Been stuck on this since the close beta.

PC or PS4? What are you guys going with?
I'm getting the Xbox One version. It's close enough to the PS4 version and I can use my Elite Controller.

Gryph

Am I crazy, or did I feel like there was a input lag on the PS4 during Beta, especially with camera movement?

I didn't really notice it.

But I can confirm you're not crazy. I've seen lots of other people mention input lag in the Beta with camera / shooting / menus.

SomTervo

They're amazing but I'm not buying a PC just to play video games. I already bought a bunch of junk to play stuff on and it lives in the living room...

No no. I'll have plenty of fun hunting down all the intel items and dressing up my agent from my couch.

I'll also be playing dress-up and listening to echoes from my couch, on my PC, with my PS4 controller. With a better framerate, graphics and responsiveness (and the KBM as an option).

... Or i might not. I'm playing devil's advocate here. I also have a PS4 and i'm legit torn between PC and PS4, especially considering my local mom n pop store often sell PS4 games a few days early.

Also PS4/console is definitely just easier in many ways. On the other hand, you never know what performance will be like, and PC is more scalable...

AHH

Am I crazy, or did I feel like there was a input lag on the PS4 during Beta, especially with camera movement?

What Gryph said. I never noticed it, but lots of people were reporting input lag.

squidyj

I'll also be playing dress-up and listening to echoes from my couch, on my PC, with my PS4 controller. With a better franerate, graphics and responsiveness (and the KBM as an option).

... Or i might not. I'm playing devil's advocate here. I also have a PS4 and i'm legit torn between PC and PS4, especially considering my local mon n pop store often sell PS4 games a few days early.

Also PS4/console is definitely just easier in many ways. On the other hand, you never know what performance will be like, and PC is more scalable...

AHH

Even if they sell it early it's no guarantee you'll be able to play it early. servers probably won't be up.

SomTervo

Even if they sell it early it's no guarantee you'll be able to play it early. servers probably won't be up.

There's no guarantee, but I dont see how reviewers would be able to test the game before release without some servers to connect to. Servers will probably be online before release. (Still not a literal guarantee though, ofc.)

Gryph

There's no guarantee, but I dont see how reviewers would be able to test the game before release without some servers to connect to. Servers will probably be online before release. (Still not a literal guarantee though, ofc.)

They might just pull a Destiny and not have any early reviews for the game.

It's availability for me, I have neither a PS4 nor an Xbox One.

This is of course a valid reason that I didn't account for. Never having had a gaming PC of any sort I often forget that some people only have that and stay out of console gaming all together.

Anton668

85 pages is a lot to skim through so apologies if this is already been asked at nauseum...

Is the game going to release at midnight or afternoon? Need to schedule some time off with work, but if its not releasing at midnight, I need to choose different days...

Gryph

85 pages is a lot to skim through so apologies if this is already been asked at nauseum...

Is the game going to release at midnight or afternoon? Need to schedule some time off with work, but if its not releasing at midnight, I need to choose different days...

Unfortunately there's some confusion about this. There's a Microsoft event to celebrate a midnight release.

http://majornelson.com/2016/02/19/tom-clancys-the-division-launch-event-at-microsoft-flagship-store-on-fifth-ave-in-new-york-city/

But no confirmation of actual official time for release. From what I can dig up on the internet, most big stores are not doing a midnight release. Digital unlocks still say 7 days and 8 hours from now.

I take store times with huge grain of salt, usually those are placeholders. That MS sponsored event is totally different beast.

Completely false and no need for a huge grain of salt. If it says 12:01 EST a the gms storefront page then that's what you're looking at.
I'm %100 digital and it's smooth sailing if you're going this route. Gm will unlock just like any other new release at that time....PERIOD.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I still can't decide on which platform I should go with. Been stuck on this since the close beta.

PC or PS4? What are you guys going with?
PS4 and maybe PC later if I feel the game deserves it. Unfortunately most of my friends IRL are going PS4. Besides, I have so many Destiny bros on PS4 and I'm sure many will try this game out.

Got both consoles X1/PS4 (well actually 4 ) and I want to pre-load this thing NOW, but it's killing me every time there's a multi-plat release. If I go with the X1 where all of my friends are, am I getting the lesser/ slightly worse overall, visually ver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom