• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

I got it from just playing the Beta. But tbh I don't think it's really special. And if you really care about looking like a R6 operator, then why didn't you just buy R6?
I just think it looks good? I have no attachment or interest in the R6 series. Was just saying it's the only other Uplay bonus I'm interested in.

I was more surprised that there's that much demand for it. I got the Gold Edition of Siege months after it released for $35.

Ubi said they expected the game to do really good. So I imagine there have been a lot of preorders already. I think that was even before the open beta, that itself also broke some records.

I just think it looks good? I have no attachment or interest in the R6 series. Was just saying it's the only other Uplay bonus I'm interested in.

Fair enough. Even when I personally don't think it looks that great, I'm still glad that I have it. But I'm sure there will be enough options in the game that look just as good.

Tovarisc

Division to launch 12AM EST, 8th of March at least in US?
OApgBbG.jpg
https://twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/status/704416334755586048

Join us at the Microsoft Flagship Store on Fifth Ave. and 53rd St. for the midnight launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division! Early game play kicks off at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, March 7
https://www.facebook.com/events/832062766917215/

Edit: That would be 6AM CET, March 8th

Hawk269

I take store times with huge grain of salt, usually those are placeholders. That MS sponsored event is totally different beast.

If it is like any of the more recent game launches, the game will unlock at 12:01est on the 8th. So if you are on the west coast, it would be 9pm PST on the 7th.

Tovarisc

If it is like any of the more recent game launches, the game will unlock at 12:01est on the 8th. So if you are on the west coast, it would be 9pm PST on the 7th.

It isn't tho. Closest thing to game like this releasing was Destiny in 2014, and it had global release time if I remember right. 12AM EST isn't written to the stone for Division.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Rough stuff Tech. Don't let IGN hold that power over you.
It's not as bad as I make or up to be, I'm quite happy we're just a week away actually.

Not cared about ign for a long time and all this did was just prove to myself they are utter useless.

Duraigo

Just bought the Hyper X 2 headset, thanks Gaf for the deal! Now I'm ready for March 8th. Also, is there a PS4 Gaf Division community?

Gryph

Just bought the Hyper X 2 headset, thanks Gaf for the deal! Now I'm ready for March 8th. Also, is there a PS4 Gaf Division community?

Yep.

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

I always thought night time doesn't look right in the game or beta more so. Did anyone ever see the moon in the sky? Really weird that I haven't noticed one, casting any secondary light .

Gryph

Hmm, sounds like that could assist your aim, though.
Lol.
I definitely noticed the 'snap-to-aim' as they call it, and wish it was removed as it isn't needed.

I think it's fair to say that some people will like this feature and some will not. I'm all for having a toggle though, so people can choose.

I still can't decide on which platform I should go with. Been stuck on this since the close beta.

PC or PS4? What are you guys going with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom