• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taco543

How would you guys feel if the game was delayed for a week for some weird reason?

tms.gif

bjaelke

That's just mean. People are building community in here...
That's totally understandable. I'm not asking for it to be locked. Just voicing my concerns. These "hype" threads have been locked before due to lack on actual content/news/discussion.

Gryph

I'm trying to stay awake while my train is delayed by whoever knows what xD
Also my banana tasted gross

Nothing worse than a gross tasting banana.

That's totally understandable. I'm not asking for it to be locked. Just voicing my concerns. These "hype" threads have been locked before due to lack on actual content/news/discussion.

Fair enough. We've gotten this far though... It'd be cruel to crush us right before the OT...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fay... she is voiced by the actress who used to be on Law and Order, and more recently Person of Interest? I swear I recognize the voice. I find her quite annoying tbh. She was hard to buy as an assassin in PoI and it's the same here. Comes off more corny than anything.

Jira

I honestly question how there will be any kind of accurate reviews for the game given small amount of players that will exist in the DZ in terms of reviewers who get to play. I think some reviewers will hold off reviewing the game for a week or so after launch. Though for me reviews mean nothing, I have my own review and if I put 48 hours into two betas, it really wasn't a question of if I was buying or not.

erawsd

I honestly question how there will be any kind of accurate reviews for the game given small amount of players that will exist in the DZ in terms of reviewers who get to play. I think some reviewers will hold off reviewing the game for a week or so after launch. Though for me reviews mean nothing, I have my own review and if I put 48 hours into two betas, it really wasn't a question of if I was buying or not.

Well, DarkZones are capped at 24 players so it probably wouldn't be that inaccurate. But yeah Im sure some folks will hold off on the reviews just to see how the servers hold up.

#people

I don't even know how to comment on this.

People want exciting stuff to happen but don't care about THE exciting playground: DZ.
They don't want more of the same but want more of the same with more missions?
Wut
Right lol

These people don't know want they want, haven't even played the full game and they think that the DZ is so not them. Hate these stupid polls so early before real game play starts. But at least it shows you the number of people that are clueless about what they really want.

Gryph

#people

People want exciting stuff to happen but don't care about THE exciting playground: DZ.
Wut

Seems to me that people who responded to this poll are just more interested in the single player narrative experience over the PVP danger-zone.

I'm neutral in all of that really but I didn't think the split would be that huge...

I did! It's exactly the kind of tie-in that I find really cool. I'm looking forward to looking it over.

It's pretty interesting so far. Not what I expected, but in a good way. Definitely going to have to flip back and forth to figure out some of the more cryptic stuff.

erawsd

Seems to me that people who responded to this poll are just more interested in the single player narrative experience over the PVP danger-zone.

I'm neutral in all of that really but I didn't think the split would be that huge...

Yeah, it isnt totally surprising. I imagine this game is attracting a lot of RPG fans who, in my exp, tend to be more interested in pve than the typical shooter fan who'd probably be more engaged with the pvp side.

SighFight

Right lol

These people don't know want they want, haven't even played the full game and they think that the DZ is so not them. Hate these stupid polls so early before real game play starts. But at least it shows you the number of people that are clueless about what they really want.

And you played the game and of course know better what everybody else wants (or should want)... Please accept that opinions can differ and hopefully everybody can get a lot of joy out of the division.

#people

Wut

It only means that there are more pve-centric players who voted than pvp ones.
Most high-tier PC mmos have pve and pvp servers for that reason. Gamers are diverse.

deoee

I would have taken a few days off but I already made plans for summer/winter so I need my days :(

Slackerino....

It only means that there are more pve-centric players who voted than pvp ones.
Most high-tier PC mmos have pve and pvp servers for that reason. Gamers are diverse.

Yeah you're propably right... But still it's kinda dumb to not even give the DZ a chance. And the fact it's only 23 other people makes it more or less a pve zone :D

Vex_

Banned
Just so you guys know:

Don't expect to go online and play with friends. Just act as though online had not launched yet...

If the servers would have problems on launch day due to the massive amount of players trying to log in would this only affect players who want to go into the DZ or is it going to affect everyone as it is an always online game?

SomTervo

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked already TBH. It's too-often devolving into irrelevant/regular kinda convos and red panda meme-circles.

Never want it to close, though. There's something electric about it in here.

Plus there is still digging and sensitive antenna about any new info; endgame content, etc.

deoee

If the servers would have problems on launch day due to the massive amount of players trying to log in would this only affect players who want to go into the DZ or is it going to affect everyone as it is an always online game?

In the beta I was kicked twice from the game because the servers had hiccups D:

Fay... she is voiced by the actress who used to be on Law and Order, and more recently Person of Interest? I swear I recognize the voice. I find her quite annoying tbh. She was hard to buy as an assassin in PoI and it's the same here. Comes off more corny than anything.

Spoiler warning:
She's no real assassin which is why she got rekt

So basically she's only good at passing the ball off to us ;)

In the beta I was kicked twice from the game because the servers had hiccups D:

Ach menno, hate it when games with lot of content that you could do offline needs always an online connection. Should have been that if you lose the connection you can still play solo and reconnect to a later time. Hated it in Destiny, while doing a mission solo to get a disconnect for no reason and had to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom