• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Ach menno, hate it when games with lot of content that you could do offline needs always an online connection. Should have been that if you lose the connection you can still play solo and reconnect to a later time. Hated it in Destiny, while doing a mission solo to get a disconnect for no reason and had to start over.

I don't mind being disconnected but the stupid thing is when there is no checkpoints or anything and you get booted :-/

Vex_

Banned
Probably everyone.

Morning people :)

It will be everyONNNNNNEEEE! And it will be glorious. I feel like I am getting old. I see the same shit happen over and over and over again.

Cycle goes like this.

1. Pre release hype.
2. Day/days before release some people claim they have a copy already.
3. Other people ask where.
4. Steam users count down until game officially launches, people going nuts.
5. Game launches.
6. Within 5 minutes, happiness turns to mild frustration.
7. Generic disconnection codes.
8. Servers catch fire.
9. "Didn't they have betas for this?" Frustration turns to anger.
10. Wow ubiFAIL!
11. "It has been a whole week and this STILL isn't fixed?"
12. Capcom smirks.

funo

Guys, can you please stop posting that much in here?

People at work are already getting super suspicious.
I have that strange urge to come back here to read all your posts because there might be something remotely new/interesting/funny but freaking everyone can see my screen where I am sitting...

Please keep posting! I need all this hype so bad!

Gryph

Guys, can you please stop posting that much in here?

People at work are already getting super suspicious.
I have that strange urge to come back here to read all your posts because there might be something remotely new/interesting/funny but freaking everyone can see my screen where I am sitting...

Please keep posting! I need all this hype so bad!

Nothing even remotely interesting has happened... but we all grew closer together as friends (and pandas).

TsuWave

had a dream about a purple classic M1A marksman rifle the talent "accurate", which increases its accuracy by 20%, and an extended magazine mod which increases its critical hit chance by 3%

good dream

funo

Guys ... ?
It's been almost 15 minutes - I've made a terrible mistake!
Please keep posting, I need this in my life!

Edit: TsuWave to the rescue!

deoee

Guys ... ?
It's been almost 15 minutes - I've made a terrible mistake!
Please keep posting, I need this in my life!

Edit: TsuWave to the rescue!

Hang in there

h0CFD1127

Smash88

Banned
I still cannot believe a few weeks ago I was telling myself that this will take forever to come out and here we are in 6 days we will be agenting and stuff.

Anyone know when reviews are going out?

I'm so torn on picking this up day 1, (many of my PSN friends are all in) I'm gonna need trusted sources to evaluate the longevity of this game (don't need another Destiny situation)

Edit: wtf is going on in this thread with the animal gifs? lol

Kane1345

I'm so torn on picking this up day 1, (many of my PSN friends are all in) I'm gonna need trusted sources to evaluate the longevity of this game (don't need another Destiny situation)

I wouldn't expect them before launch. Probably a week or so after. Well that's how it should be anyway to get a good idea of the DZ.

Red Panda Alex is the Division mascot ;)

deoee

At this point I'd just expect the beta gameplay / mission style but more of it.
I really don't see what tests etc. can contribute here (but I don't listen to test since ~2 years so... maybe it's just me :D ).

I wouldn't expect them before launch. Probably a week or so after. Well that's how it should be anyway to get a good idea of the DZ.

Red Panda Alex is the Division mascot ;)

Ugh yeah I'm dumb-it's an online game so outlets obviously need time.
Red Panda Alex is adorable too!haha

At this point I'd just expect the beta gameplay / mission style but more of it.
I really don't see what tests etc. can contribute here (but I don't listen to test since ~2 years so... maybe it's just me :D ).

Ahh okay thank you.
I see you are one of the The Division experts here, could you point me in the direction of exotic gear/vanity items Massive have shown?
So far a lot of the stuff in vids and beta seemed a bit too generic (but fitting of the game universe)

deoee

Ugh yeah I'm dumb-it's an online game so outlets obviously need time.
Red Panda Alex is adorable too!haha

Ahh okay thank you.
I see you are one of the The Division experts here, could you point me in the direction of exotic gear/vanity items Massive have shown?
So far a lot of the stuff in vids and beta seemed a bit too generic (but fitting of the game style)

What do you want to know?

Exotic gear seems to be specially skinned "normal" weapons but with way higher base stats + unique (?) perks. So essentially you'll shoot an M4 with the name "Liberator" which at the same level is stronger than a normal M4.

Furthermore there's still some weapon(classes) we have not seen in the game so there can always be a surprise waiting ahead.

Sorry if I'm wrong...

Tecnniqe

Banned

Exotic gear seems to be specially skinned "normal" weapons but with way higher base stats + unique (?) perks. So essentially you'll shoot an M4 with the name "Liberator" which at the same level is stronger than a normal M4.

Furthermore there's still some weapon(classes) we have not seen in the game so there can always be a surprise waiting ahead.

Sorry if I'm wrong...
Yeah so far they seem to be rolling highest damage, specific perks and a nice finish on the gun.
The base gun is the same.

Ubi's viral marketing continuing with a snowstorm in original York (UK) this morning. We hardly ever get snow either.

Everything is reminding me of the wait......6 more days

BladeSinner

Neo Member

Agreed. Have they given a definitive number in terms of story missions that will be shipping with the game.

BTW my reactions to this game in general:

1. Wow, this is going to be like Destiny, but TPS, more customization, completely different setting, more weapon combinations, more giving in terms of tailoring your character, and then changing it completely on the fly. It is also going to be completely end game centric, maybe even have raids!!!

2. Played Beta, had a shit ton of fun playing missions with a buddy, and destroying Lau's house (wrecked her TV's and blew a crater in her hallway), got ganked in the DZ, and then time ran out.

3. IGN AMA and other "non-news", hmmm, well I guess it is pretty much going to be missions (how many would be nice to know), and the DZ. No raid, or anything like that (yet)

4. Perfectly cool with this. Goes on to pre-order Gold Edition for PC.

I would venture to say that a lot of people would probably have the same line of thinking as me. Maybe not all would. That being said, I just wished (as well as I am sure many of you did), that the IGN AMA would have actually given us some information. We are a week out from launch, and I can't wait to play. That being said, if people are expecting stuff like raids etc, and Ubi/Massive are just not saying anything about it cause they are afraid of canceled pre-orders, then that's worse than coming out and setting expectations.

Anyways, semi-rant over.

I LOVED playing the Beta, and will have fun with the full release no matter what content is available. Hopefully the rest of you are in the same mindset as me, and will be content with more of what we got in the beta :)

Sorry if I'm wrong...

Yeah so far they seem to be rolling highest damage, specific perks and a nice finish on the gun.
The base gun is the same.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

I know the devs are a bit trapped with weapon design as it's a real world setting but I hope the perks and gun finishes make the hunt for high end gear exciting.

Kane1345

Sorry if I'm wrong...

deoee, you're German right?

Here's some vids that just got released from Ubi Germany :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aGQM5GanU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLK5gBMhZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5CI-icq7E

I tried watching it with auto translate and it was just gibberish to me sadly :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom