• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

Gear Sets are either an ability to swap out entire sets of gear with a single button press or click, or Set Pieces where you have bonuses for wearing 2/4/6 pieces of the same Set.

Wait so you can't? Confused by your "yup". Sucks if it's sold out in-store as well. Might have to just risk it and hope they have spares on release date if that's the csae.

I am also confused by his post lol. So can I still preorder Gold edition in store at BB or is it cmpletely sold out in store too? I wanted to take advantage of that GCU discount

I never really understood the Destiny comparison, nor the need for The Division to be better than it. I love Destiny, it's a great game and I've played a whole lot of it. I've also played quite a bit of The Division, at least the beta, and it doesn't seem like they're alike at all.

I'm sure that it's the loot and the fact that it's on consoles is what's making people lean towards that comparison. Aside from that, I'm not seeing it. I'm also not seeing a reason for this faux-rivalry between the communities. No one is forced to like Destiny, just like no one is forced to like The Division.

If this petty stand off-ish attitude is what the community is going to devolve into, I'm out.

deoee

Gear Sets are either an ability to swap out entire sets of gear with a single button press or click, or Set Pieces where you have bonuses for wearing 2/4/6 pieces of the same Set.

I THINK (and hope) it's like sets in Diablo - would make more sense to me tbh.

I never really understood the Destiny comparison, nor the need for The Division to be better than it. I love Destiny, it's a great game and I've played a whole lot of it. I've also played quite a bit of The Division, at least the beta, and it doesn't seem like they're alike at all.

I'm sure that it's the loot and the fact that it's on consoles is what's making people lean towards that comparison. Aside from that, I'm not seeing it. I'm also not seeing a reason for this faux-rivalry between the communities. No one is forced to like Destiny, just like no one is forced to like The Division.

If this petty stand off-ish attitude is what the community is going to devolve into, I'm out.

I agree that there doesn't need to be an either/or with regards to the games and there's absolutely no reason for anyone to antagonize others because they like or play one game rather than the other.

It's just as pointless as console warring.

I am also confused by his post lol. So can I still preorder Gold edition in store at BB or is it cmpletely sold out in store too? I wanted to take advantage of that GCU discount
Sold out. I don't feel like picking it up from anywhere else as well. I have GCU and a $15 coupon that I want to apply to the Gold Edition.

Does BB usually have extra stock on release day?

Raide

I THINK it's like sets - would make more sense to me tbh.

If it is the first thing, I am ok but I certainly hope the latter is in the works down the line. They could be adding another layer of variation if they work on some interesting set bonuses.

SomTervo

The Destiny parallels initially arose because of the loot-/gear-based gameplay (which had the potential to go really, really grindy like Destiny). And it's the only other AAA-tier online-only co-op focused shooting action title. But the more we've seen of Division the more it seems to blow Destiny out the water (lennyface)

It's not too bad in the Destiny OT!

There is some weird shit, though. Like:

The Division is the new girl/guy that joins your class at small private school mid-semester and everyone thinks they're super attractive. Then you hear their weird laugh, or they cry at something really odd, or they get kicked out for bringing hydrocodone to school in an Altoids tin and everyone's like 'meh.'

Jira

I THINK (and hope) it's like sets in Diablo - would make more sense to me tbh.

No it would to me too, the wording suggests set bonuses versus a part of the UI to hold sets of gear.

Edit: Well I'm all preloaded, but still have no idea if my season pass key worked outside of it telling me that it already did. Wish there was some confirmation in uplay that let me know I have it.

deadduck

I'm also not seeing a reason for this faux-rivalry between the communities. No one is forced to like Destiny, just like no one is forced to like The Division.

This.

I like Destiny and I still play Destiny. I like the Division (getting PC and PS4) and I will play the Division.

Having The Division and it's content along with new Destiny content later is fantastic.

Sick of the pointless bitching comparisons.

k1t4j

Man that video got me super hyped, I have my gold edition for Xbox One pre ordered and can't wait to jump in with the dozens of X1 NeoGaf players.

Good times ahead.

my pre-load is done now

now to wait

fc4eab03983625f456b00c81838f7546.jpg

Klyka

Banned
I'll be completely honest:

If we get horde modes with RANDOM waves, like, truly random waves and spawns, then I'd rather have that than a "raid".

I do a raid once, MAYBE twice before I am bored with it, but a horde mode can be played for ages if it's proper random.

I'll be completely honest:

If we get horde modes with RANDOM waves, like, truly random waves and spawns, then I'd rather have that than a "raid".

I do a raid once, MAYBE twice before I am bored with it, but a horde mode can be played for ages if it's proper random.

Agree 100%. There is just so many possibilities.

I don't think the mods would clear any title with the word "Destiny" in it to be honest

Halo 5 did have "Trials of Osiris" for their first OT, which is a 3v3 elimination tournament in the game so who knows.

^^ that will officially be DivisionGAF's version of the Picard facepalm

when you ebtered the code did it pop-up anything in the bottom right corner of the screen saying what was added to your account?

When I got my Far Cry Primal Digital Apex Edition from there it popped up the game and al of the extras while the Uplay listing just showed the normal stuff

I didn't see anything specific to Gold Edition.

IvanJ

Banned
I just want to check to be on the safe side: Can I delete my Beta? I assume the game is a completely different download/preload.

Lnkn52

It's sold out online and in stores.

Best Buy brick and mortar stores have physical cards that you can take up to the register and pre order. I tried doing that this past Tuesday and their system would not let me purchase it.

I'll try to go to the store on the 8th to see if they have any Gold Copies on the shelves, if not. I'm just picking up the regular version with the season pass.

It's sold out online and in stores.

Best Buy brick and mortar stores have physical cards that you can take up to the register and pre order. I tried doing that this past Tuesday and their system would not let me purchase it.

I'll try to go to the store on the 8th to see if they have any Gold Copies on the shelves, if not. I'm just picking up the regular version with the season pass.

Damn that sucks. I might have to go digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom