• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1Ski

Can someone please explain to me what the point of getting increasingly good loot from the DZ is?

I imagine it is to more efficiently kill other players, beat the daily/weekly changes, and complete challenges.

Just like any other loot game I suppose. Increase survivability and decrease time-to-kill enemies.

Hawk269

Quoting myself, how vain.

Anyway, these are the names I got of XB1 players from the last 15 or so pages. Not a bad number really, so feel free to add each other if you want and get some games going when it's released! :)

You can add me as well for Xbox One.

Hawk269......GT: Hawk269

See you in the game agents!!!

Sassen

So what sort of build/playstyle is everyone considering?

I'm thinking support (either full on medic, or medic with buff/debuffs, or just full on buff/debuff) with LMG and assault rifle, but I'm not so sure. Maybe assault rifle and SMG.

At first I'll focus on something with high stamina/tank-like so I can hold my own in the DZ.

At first I'll focus on something with high stamina/tank-like so I can hold my own in the DZ.

It feels like being a Medic / PVE focus will get punished in the DZ. I've seen some videos of people stacking health and tankiness, and wiping out entire squads. That's my biggest gripe with multiplayer...people always strive to find the cheese, and everyone will flock to it.

Sassen

It feels like being a Medic / PVE focus will get punished in the DZ. I've seen some videos of people stacking health and tankiness, and wiping out entire squads. That's my biggest gripe with multiplayer...people always strive to find the cheese, and everyone will flock to it.

Well there were other builds you could run, but required a team or a bit of skill to be really effective. You could have run a firearms/crit build with an m44 and do almost 5k on a crit to the head, one-shotting some players. You could go pure electronics and 1-shot almost anyone with the sticky-bomb. When we have access to a bit more talents I think even the medic will be viable, just not solo.

Ugh, I just remember that back in the beta, steam preload takes a while to unpack. While in the other hand, you can play as soon as the game unlocks on uplay.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

No matter how tanky, a marksman rifle would rip through pretty much anyone. M1A was a god.

Jira

No matter how tanky, a marksman rifle would rip through pretty much anyone. M1A was a god.

It's likely they looked at a lot of data between open beta and launch. They've probably balanced a lot of the guns, (M1A nerfed with Shotgun being buffed, maybe pistols too). Though it's hard to say considering we were playing with a gimped toolset.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's likely they looked at a lot of data between open beta and launch. They've probably balanced a lot of the guns, (M1A nerfed with Shotgun being buffed, maybe pistols too). Though it's hard to say considering we were playing with a gimped toolset.

Here's to hoping they did tweak them.

ryseing

NC GAF- Red Storm is doing a launch party in Durham at the MS Store.

If I was getting an X1 copy I'd totally go. Also TIL Red Storm is in NC.

El_Chino

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
KINGofCRA5H - GT: KINGofCRA5H
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78

Anton Sugar - GT: ??
GravyButt - GT: ??

Added myself repost

Xbox one division
El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
Anton Sugar - GT: ??
Spannicus -GT Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
GravyButt - GT: ??
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Archpath1 -gt : Archpath1

Thanks guys!

ZSeba

So, I only played the closed beta on PS4 and it had some horrible input lag. Did they fix that in the open beta? (Sorry if already answered )

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The Division got shipped early, should get it tomorrow. Thank you Best Buy :O

Although I can't do anything with it until the servers are up on Monday xD

Tovarisc

The Division got shipped early, should get it tomorrow. Thank you Best Buy :O

Although I can't do anything with it until the servers are up on Monday xD

If it's console copy you could always start the game and let it idle in login screen. People on friends list are guaranteed to wonder how you are already playing, if they don't think it through :D

Grisby

Who's going to make the gif of a red panda closing a car door?
This. This is what the all of the panda posting has been striving to. This would be the utmost apex point of the entire thread.

Dozens of gaffer would shed a tear if they even caught a slight glimpse of the elusive redpandaclosedoor.gif

Anyway, these are the names I got of XB1 players from the last 15 or so pages. Not a bad number really, so feel free to add each other if you want and get some games going when it's released! :)

Thanks for compiling. Adding my fellow Xbox gaffers. We are few but strong.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

You can add me to that list.

GT: Xaero Gravity

Gryph

People who want to join the PS4 GAF community should go and submit on PSN that way no one will get lost or forgotten in the fast moving thread.

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom