• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that video those victims of gank did huge missplay. They clustered up into ball, even when there was 5? guys and only 4 can use rope, and didn't pay any attention to anything else than to rope. Also player ganking them throws in frag grenade [does good damage + bleed] that he follows up with remote explosive [which does decent damage + has trigger delay] to finish group off. Remote explosive doesn't OHK that ball, it's combowombo of two explosives.

Ganker would have been in deep shit or unable to initiate if that group of players had better control on EZ and eyes on surroundings. Gameplay that you describe above, and I did in my post, isn't happening here.

Exactly, I think of the many hours spent in the DZ during the beta's I have been hit by a sticky once or twice at most. They are actually quite easy to dodge.

Exactly, I think of the many hours spent in the DZ during the beta's I have been hit by a sticky once or twice at most. They are actually quite easy to dodge.

Stuff like that is easy to abuse , just like that video for insta kills.

After a week or two everyone will be doing it and the tense tactical pace of the game will be ruined.

People find things to abuse to get cheap easy kills. It's their nature. This makes it easy. That's all

Are weapons customizable, or just randomly generated?

from what I've seen - every weapon has its main frame to be build around.
for example every single M4 has the same reload speed, rate of fire, recoil and so on. but DMG(and dps) numbers and effects/talents are always generated. so starting M4 and end-game legendary M4 would have same handling stats but different numbers. you can also customize weapons with some upgrades to your will, like making recoil weaker and so on.

so it's close to RPGs like dark souls - that every weapon has it's own moveset (here - recoil pattern, rate of fire etc), but stats are different. so you would want to find a weapon type you're comfortable with (for example you would love L85 machine gun and Vector SMG) and then try to find specific items and upgrades for your style

Stuff like that is easy to abuse , just like that video for insta kills.

After a week or two everyone will be doing it and the tense tactical pace of the game will be ruined.

People find things to abuse to get cheap easy kills. It's their nature. This makes it easy. That's all

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that no one in that video was mindful of their surroundings? Casuals will be casuals, but you are greatly underestimating how skilled players are going to play this game.

Can one pay to win in this game?

Thus far the clear answer is no.

Will there be an option in the game to direct proximity chat from other players to a headset only and not the main sound system/tv speakers ?
I have a gamestop branded headset (speaker on one ear + microphone) and when I heard someone in proximity chat it would come from both the sound system speakers and the headset speaker and echo badly.
When I muted the sound from the receeiver there was no echo - just proximity chat in my ear from the headset speaker.

fr0st

Banned
So what sort of build/playstyle is everyone considering?

I'm thinking support (either full on medic, or medic with buff/debuffs, or just full on buff/debuff) with LMG and assault rifle, but I'm not so sure. Maybe assault rifle and SMG.

Either the mixture of tank/medic of full tank.

gossi

Getting ready.

oqUSArn.jpg

Reposting my question:

Question that I never got answered, can only one weapon have a weapon shader on it at a time?

Like I can't have both of my primary weapons have solid-red unless I have two solid-reds?

If I want all my guns to be red do I really need to hope for multiple red shaders?

hydruxo

Reposting my question:

Question that I never got answered, can only one weapon have a weapon shader on it at a time?

Like I can't have both of my primary weapons have solid-red unless I have two solid-reds?

If I want all my guns to be red do I really need to hope for multiple red shaders?

Yeah a shader can only be used on one weapon at a time. So you'd need multiple shaders for multiple guns.

Haruko

Reposting my question:

Yes, Correct, and Correct.

Reposting my question:

Pretty sure the post underneath your initial question answered it, he just didn't quote you.

Damn it Ubisoft.
i dunno about you guys, but here in Russia the only way to get steelbook for the game is to buy physical PC copy of the game (it's even named exclusive edition).
20841360_Tom_Clancy_Ecsclusive11.jpg

I got my ps4 gold edition and it's lame ass box :( and even sexy Sleeper Agent edition has the same damn usual box.
why did Ubi abandon us?

bryanee

I've been at the stage since the first beta that I want to play a game but whenever I do I keep thinking to myself this isn't The Division and I stop playing. I just want the game already.

Tovarisc

Biggest thing to take away from it;
What is an Incursion and are you planning to develop more over the course of the year?

An Incursion is a PvE end-game activity for a group of four players at max level. Incursions require preparation and coordination as they are extremely challenging. The first incursion will be available in the first free update. More Incursions are in development, but it is too soon to talk about these without spoiling them

So much better Q&A than that garbage IGN posted.

Duraigo

So what sort of build/playstyle is everyone considering?

I'm thinking support (either full on medic, or medic with buff/debuffs, or just full on buff/debuff) with LMG and assault rifle, but I'm not so sure. Maybe assault rifle and SMG.

I was thinking of making a build that puts me close to the action. I would focus on using SMGs and shotguns(primarily the Kriss SMG and a pump action shotty). I want to find gear and mods that primarily give me bonuses to crit chance and crit damage. I want to build off the main bonus that SMGs have which is an increase to crit chance. SMGs don't have the biggest mag sizes of all the weapon types, so my train of thought is hit as hard as possible in the small windows I have. I'm seeing myself being specc'd in tech and health. And my skills would be smart cover, mobile cover, and either tactical link or suevivor link.

Just snagged a gold edition for PS4 from Amazon. Cost me my $10 reward certificate for pre-orders at Best Buy, but basically made up for it with because the 20% off from Amazon is essentially getting applied to the season pass since that's included with the gold edition.

J-Rzez

Noob weapons like that shouldn't be in the game. An instant exploding grenade launcher with huge splash damage when all the other weapons are bullet sponge rifles

Makes no sense.

I have to say I agree. Granted those people were dumb, like really dumb thinking "haha that one dude wouldn't dare", but that combo was way, way too powerful for PVP generating way too easy of kills.

Then again, most of the loot you got from there was garbage anyways, but the loss of keys and monies is the real bad news.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Doubt I'll venture into the DZ much.

Me and my friend in the beta, got ganked by a group of 4 who were camping at the "door" waiting for people.

Quite dull.

Me and my friend in the beta, got ganked by a group of 4 who were camping at the "door" waiting for people.

Quite dull.

Shame. The DZ is what really makes this game special.

The good news with the retail release is that there will be a bunch of way to enter the DZ.

M.W.

Quite dull.

Well the beta DZ was tiny. The DZ in the full game is huge and with only 24 players to a server I doubt that will happen, at all.

Quite dull.

There were several ways into the DZ though even in the beta, 3 I think, and even more in the final game so chances of being ambushed will be lower. Should give it a few goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom