• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most gaffers who don't hang around here that much won't get the panda titles. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cute.

Perhaps we can use one for OT2 or later. I'm guessing the first OT won't last more than two weeks before switching to OT2 anyway.

Tovarisc

I think most gaffers who don't hang around here that much won't get the panda titles. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cute.

Perhaps we can use one for OT2 or later. I'm guessing the first OT won't last more than two weeks before switching to OT2 anyway.

I think earlier suggested Tom Clancy's The Division |OT ☣ 01| Empire State of Emergency is as good as it gets without being Alex or panda meme. Alex and panda stuff are too inside baseball jokes created by beta community, and OT will have newcomers so OT title should be more... obvious.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sadly agree about the memeified OT title (for OT1 at least)

My vote goes to "Readings indicate this thread is contaminated"
or
"Warning, your Destiny affiliation has been disavowed" if we need some sodium in our diets.

deoee

I think earlier suggested Tom Clancy's The Division |OT ☣ 01| Empire State of Emergency is as good as it gets without being Alex or panda meme. Alex and panda stuff are too inside baseball jokes created by beta community, and OT will have newcomers so OT title should be more... obvious.

The Division OT- Casuals killed the Panda Alex

El_Chino

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma

GravyButt - GT: ??

I added everyone from this list.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah I told Mr Bond to use that one if he needed a OT title, and added to the spreadsheet.

OT2 can be a inside joke as it will probably be a stable community by then

deoee

4 days and still not sure if I get 2 days off :|

image.php

*sniff* I feel *cough in their face* s-sick

Yeah!

DivisionCleaners-610.jpg

I thought i heard a cough?...is house cleaning needed.

"Let it Burn!!"
Is there a list with ps4 DivGaffers so I can add them with the PS app?

Or just add me �� PSN ID berserk_ftw

Fellow the PSN road

Q0lDK4Pvs4R8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I made a PS4 community group for DivisionGAF about a week ago. We've got some members in there already but I'd love to see the group get bigger so that we can always have another resource for finding people to play missions with, getting squads together for the Dark Zone, etc.

If those of you who are playing on PS4 are interested, here's how to find it:

1. Go to the Friends tab on your PS4.
  2. Search for 'hydruxxo' in the PSN search. Scroll down to my communities and select 'DivisionGAF'
  3. Send a request to join, and you're good to go
I'll try and accept any requests as soon as I get them, and feel free to send me a friend request (PSN: hydruxxo) too!

Impulsor

Is there any PC group being put together? Maybe the panda thing? I already have the game fully preloaded and ready to go.

Has there been any word if the controls in the console versions have been tightened up? They had this really laggy input delay that made it pretty much unplayable for me

TsuWave

i had this preordered on amazon with hopes i would get it delivered on the 7th but i looked at it and its saying it will be dispatched on the 7th and delivered on the 8th, so now i'm considering cancelling it and buying it digital because it unlocks at midnight which means i'd get to play it earlier (planning to stay up all night on the 7th to the 8th) than if i were to wait for amazon to deliver it some time on tuesday

the only problem with that is amazon is cheaper than psn. so its either spend more money and play it earier or save up money and play with yourself in the dark while shedding tears watching all your friends streaming and having fun playing it.

decisions. i can't take it.

tumblr_o3ia71L8UB1r6mcwfo1_400.png

reached out to the CM for Division and he couldn't confirm or deny that Incursions would have matchmaking. Seems strange that everything else would have them but they wont. But if they were going to have it why not just let us know.

Great... I really hope they don't go the elitist route like Destiny, I know we have gaffers but it's nice being able to just play whenever with anyone in matchmaking. If they really cut matchmaking for endgame I'd be pissed, that was a huge factor in me leaving Destiny.

Theorry

This morning, Ubisoft and MASSIVE Entertainment shared with the world their vision for the Season Pass and ‘Year One’ content cycle for their upcoming third person online open world RPG shooter, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and blew everyone’s minds. It seemed that the team had ticked off a checklist with their trailer reveal of seemingly everything that players and fans had been asking for, for months on end on social media channels including Reddit and the official forums. However, even with information overload people were still hungry for more information on just what the content of the ‘Year One’ content cycle and Season Pass would contain — enter GameSpot as the namely hero to save the day and offer more insight.

In a recent Q&A email interview with GameSpot, Magnus Jansen, Creative Director at Ubisoft MASSIVE, has answered several hot topic questions in relation to the ‘Year One’ content cycle as well as the Season Pass for the title. The questions ranged anywhere from what exactly are “Incursions” as well as their stance on microtransactions.

Diving right in, GameSpot seemingly fishing for a “DLC” or microtransactions stance or hick up, asks whether or not weapons and gear would be offered as DLC, or downloadable content, but was shot down by Magnus in terms of direct weapon or gear purchasing microtransations but more in correlation to the major expansions that will be offered as supporting gear and weapons as part of a bigger picture.

“EXCITING NEW CHALLENGES GO HAND-IN-HAND WITH EXCITING NEW TOOLS TO TACKLE THOSE CHALLENGES. SO, YES, THERE WILL BE NEW WEAPONS AND GEAR.”

Another large topic of discussion currently on social media is exactly where the “pay wall” of the Season Pass and free updates separate each other. Ubisoft and MASSIVE have taken great care however to cater both to those who wish to buy the Season Pass as well as those who may be unable to buy it, or skeptical as to whether or not it would be worth it to them. To this, GameSpot asks what players can expect from the free updates provided by MASSIVE.

“IN THE SPRING WE’LL HAVE SEVERAL EXCITING NEW FEATURES, ACTIVITIES, AND CONTENT LINED UP FOR EVERYONE. THE DIVISION IS A BIG GAME WITH LOTS OF THINGS TO DO… WE ARE CONSTANTLY LISTENING TO OUR COMMUNITY AND WE WILL BE ADDING MOST WANTED FEATURES, SUCH AS LOOT TRADING.”

One of the biggest topics overall however post-Season Pass reveal, which is obviously the elephant in the room, is the reveal of “Incursions”. Alot of community members, both on the official forums as well as other channels like Reddit, have used the term “Incursion” and “Raid” synonymously, however it seems as though “Incursions” have alot more depth than a typical “Raid” style content like World of Warcraft or Destiny. With that in mind, GameSpot asks what exactly is an “Incursion” and if there are more in development.

“AN INCURSION IS A PVE END-GAME ACTIVITY FOR A GROUP OF FOUR PLAYERS AT MAX LEVEL. INCURSIONS REQUIRE PREPARATION AND COORDINATION AS THEY ARE EXTREMELY CHALLENGING. THE FIRST INCURSION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE FIRST FREE UPDATE. MORE INCURSIONS ARE IN DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS TOO SOON TO TALK ABOUT THESE WITHOUT SPOILING THEM”

With all the skepticism behind microtransactions and DLC, as somewhat of a negative omen in the gaming industry, with how they have become the ‘norm’ in most cases with mega franchises like Call of Duty and Battlefield, it struck many individuals off guard when Ubisoft initially announced that there would be no microtransactions or pay-to-win currency options within The Division. Ubisoft and MASSIVE stand firm however, and they have decided to put their players first and forgo microtransactions or pay-to-win entirely. GameSpot however still fishes for comment by asking straight forward if the game will have microtransactions.

“THERE IS NO PAID CURRENCY IN THE GAME, NOR IS THERE ANY WAY TO PURCHASE IN-GAME ITEMS SUCH AS WEAPONS, ARMOR, OR CONSUMABLES THAT AFFECT A PLAYER’S STATS OR PERFORMANCE. THE DIVISION IS NOT A GAME WHERE PLAYERS CAN PAY TO WIN.”

It is both extremely refreshing and rewarding for players, both adopters of the Season Pass as well as regular players, that Ubisoft and MASSIVE Entertainment as a whole have decided to put their players first where post launch is concerned. With so much content available to everyone and a ‘Year One’ road map already posted for day one through to next year it should be one hell of an experience once the whole picture of ‘Year One’ is painted.

http://gamesintel.com/2016/03/04/ma...ed-reiterates-no-pay-to-win-or-paid-currency/

So i guess the Incursions are gonna be Raid lite. But we are getting a couple of them instead of one big one.

Kabouter

So these incursions would be somewhat comparable to, say, heists in GTA Online?

What I'm saying is that I don't have a clear idea of what raids even are in other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom