• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamptramp

*sniff* I feel *cough in their face* s-sick

Yeah!

Not too Smallpoxxy though ;)

[edit]

So these incursions would be somewhat comparable to, say, heists in GTA Online?

What I'm saying is that I don't have a clear idea of what raids even are in other games

Similar to a heist without the movement through the world via vehicle I would imagine. From my limited experience in destiny/MMO's usually like a longer more complex story mission with tougher enemies and usually some kind of "puzzle" element, the squad may have to split and press 4 buttons simultaneously, or stick together and dodge environmental attacks.

So these incursions would be somewhat comparable to, say, heists in GTA Online?

What I'm saying is that I don't have a clear idea of what raids even are in other games

It's not quite that kind of raid.
Raids in online games are usually a much harder dungeon with much deeper mechanics. They usually need more people than a regular party to participate (8-40) and take way longer to beat. Raids in WoW generally take 5 hours to finish, back in the days, for example. I still have no idea how raids work in The Division though.

kriskrosbbk

Sorry, I don't understand. What framerate option?

We will get an option to choose better framerate,less effects on consoles.For me it was always like this better framerate = more tightened controls.Also make sure your TV is on game mode.I play on SONY Bravia which has insane small numbers of ms input lag.However when I visited some friends and we played the Division on their TVs I noticed the input lag alot more.I guess Bravias are really nice for gaming.

ZakiDeg

Banned
jGBEhtY.png

We will get an option to choose better framerate,less effects on consoles.For me it was always like this better framerate = more tightened controls.Also make sure your TV is on game mode.I play on SONY Bravia which has insane small numbers of ms input lag.However when I visited some friends and we played the Division on their TVs I noticed the input lag alot more.I guess Bravias are really nice for gaming.

That's pretty cool. I've always wanted devs to offer more pc-like options for consoles. Maybe that will fix my problem

cHaOs667

I promised my wife not to board the hype train that often BUT after the alpha and two betas i can't really deny that I'm seriously hyped for The Division... :(

Archpath1

Still was hoping for
the division OT rogue squadron

Adding my fellow Xbox one peeps

Can't wait

Really wish they added a duel mechanic for 1v1s

Klyka

Banned
I'm doing an internship atm and this just came up, it's unusual and a one time thing.

Normally I'm sitting at a pc and spam gaf
and do analysis on satellite data

"sir, our satellite data is showing a lack of CD saturation in the northern hemisphere!"
"send a drop there immediately!"

ekim

Naive questions: I won't be able to play anything before the official release, right? Because the game is available in some stores already.

DrBo42

I was wondering how I was getting XBL friend requests. Looks like someone added me to the list without me even saying anything. That's dedication. Thanks bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom