• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest thing to take away from it;

So much better Q&A than that garbage IGN posted.

Good shit.

Seems like what i've been thinking; Incursions are raid-lite in essence. Although most would argue the size of a party is one of the primary indicators of a raid, the mechanics of raids being increasingly more difficult than a standard dungeon is also a huge differentiator. In this case, it SEEMS we can expect raid-esque mechanics with a normal group size.

Klyka

Banned
Then, I might try it.

Don't be so afraid in video games people.

If something like what happened to you happened, you have tons of ways to deal with it. You both could have switched servers in less than 10 seconds.
Or just walked to a different entrance.
If they literally killed you outside the door,you lost nothing but a miniscule amount of DZ currency and XP and a bit of time.

People need thicker hides in games.

YOU make the rules, YOU decide how to play and when to play.
There is always a way around shit and never a reason to get angry about it.

I think it would be too much getting a debuff just because a guy is shooting at you.

I think it would make most sense in an RPG-heavy game like The Division, but I tend to agree. Suppression has long been one of the things Battlefield fans complained about in BF3 and 4, although they've improved it quite a bit. It's one of those things that can feel cheap too often.

For expansion 2, Survival--you've said it challenges players to "survive as long as possible..." is this a Gears of War/Horde-style mode?

I really don’t want to give anything away about Survival, but I can safely answer "no" to this one without spoiling too much.

Glad this was settled.

What more can you say about the final expansion, Last Stand?

I don’t want to say too much but a new threat rises and you and your team mates must defend against it.

Wonder what this new threat will be...hmm can't be the LMB. Given it wouldn't be new when that is released really interested.

PatDH

I've been at the stage since the first beta that I want to play a game but whenever I do I keep thinking to myself this isn't The Division and I stop playing. I just want the game already.

Exactly my problem, although I don't even bother trying to play any other game now because I know I'll just stop after 5 minutes.
Need my fix! Haha.

Don't be so afraid in video games people.

If something like what happened to you happened, you have tons of ways to deal with it. You both could have switched servers in less than 10 seconds.
Or just walked to a different entrance.
If they literally killed you outside the door,you lost nothing but a miniscule amount of DZ currency and XP and a bit of time.

People need thicker hides in games.

YOU make the rules, YOU decide how to play and when to play.
There is always a way around shit and never a reason to get angry about it.

Agreed.

Wonder what this new threat will be...hmm can't be the LMB. Given it wouldn't be new when that is released really interested.

Z O M B I E S

PatDH

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ubisoft/the-division-anz-launch-faq/10154371216219578

Launch info for ANZ people but it holds some information important for everyone.
Something to keep in mind:

Unlockable content/season pass content: Note that Season Pass and bonus content from special editions may not unlock until 4-6PM AEDT on March 8th. Do not worry if you are missing any bonus outfits or items during the first few hours of the game’s availability. While we don’t anticipate any issues, if your content is still not present by March 9th please check the official forums for updates.

So don't freak if your Season pass/bonus content isn't unlocked straight away! :)

One thing that has me slightly worried though is this:

Preloading: Preload of purchased digital copies of The Division is now available for all formats via Uplay, Steam, PSN or XBL. Check your purchase history or PC client for details. The file size is between 29GB and 30.5GB depending on your platform.

Because my file size on Xbox One is 32.3gb - wondering if I should redownload just to be safe.

THAT WOULD BE THE MOMENT I DROP OUT, everything doesn't need zombies. Would mess with the whole narrative of the game frankly.

Not for me and it would feel tacked on no matter what.

tumblr_inline_nae5ghB7yn1sdelih.png

Oh i know but i would avoid it like the plague if it involved zombies. An I'm someone that wants, a really good zombie MMO game with strong survival mechanics and a large world. Not the stuff that have been coming out recently, that don't even scratch the surface of a real survival game. Or just lose focus a year or two out.

rant over...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So what sort of build/playstyle is everyone considering?

I'm thinking support (either full on medic, or medic with buff/debuffs, or just full on buff/debuff) with LMG and assault rifle, but I'm not so sure. Maybe assault rifle and SMG.

Long range crit marksman with SMG backup.

I could see a PvE organized group of rogue agents that have banded together to take advantage of the chaos rather than aid in it.

But we already got the LMB, either way can't wait to see if this may be true. Given its a apart of the game at its core, still though Survival DLC seems to be pushing that narrative not The last stand.

But we already got the LMB, either way can't wait to see if this may be true. Given its a apart of the game at its core, still though Survival DLC seems to be pushing that narrative not The last stand.

LMB is mostly military though isn't it? Not sure they would have the same access to the higher level tech the Division agents seem to have.

JJD

Guys how is single player looking for this game?

Most of my friends are not into games like the division so if I buy it I'll play mostly alone.

PatDH

Anyone here organized enough to list Xbox Live GTs?

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma

GravyButt - GT: ??

LMB is mostly military though isn't it? Not sure they would have the same access to the higher level tech the Division agents seem to have.

LMB is made up of military contractors and black op operators plus just military. I think they will be pretty up to standard when it comes to tech, maybe not as good as Division agents overall but even Division agents don't have wildly amazing tech.

Jira

Guys how is single player looking for this game?

Most of my friends are not into games like the division so if I buy it I'll play mostly alone.

Let me put it this way. In the Xbox alpha I played a couple hours alone and stopped, no one I know has an XB1. In the closed beta and open beta I had a full group of friends on PC and ended up playing 48 hours between the betas. That's not to say you can't enjoy the game solo, but this is the kind of game that playing with friends will make it something special.

Archpath1

Added myself repost

Xbox one division
Anton Sugar - GT: ??
Spannicus -GT Blackstatus Red
Archpath1 -gt : Archpath1

Are they actually going to sell the season pass separately? On PSN I can only see the Gold Edition.

P.S Is there a also a specific thread for the PSN / XB1 GAF community, to add myself?

LMB is made up of military contractors and black op operators plus just military. I think they will be pretty up to standard when it comes to tech, maybe not as good as Division agents overall but even Division agents don't have wildly amazing tech.

Hmm wonder if it'll be something like the gangs all joining forces or something. Hard to tell what it'll be.

Ellite25

So what's the preload situation for this game? I bought it on GMG because of the 20% off but have yet to get a code (I know it still might be a bit early).

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'll pop in the thread periodically and haven't seen it discussed.

owlbeak

Bummer that Amazon is out of Gold Edition preorders. I had preordered the game forever ago when it first went up and just went to change to gold but it's sold out. Good deal, too at $79.99

Anyone taking off work? :D I'm taking Wednesday & Thursday off. Don't trust the servers enough to take Tuesday.

Lets make sure to have all the platform groups mentioned in the OT. Whoever's making it.

A great look at the Snowdrop engine and why Massive should be able to create new content quite quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dORoTIEOyEg

Great engine with a seemingly amazing code base. To bad it does snow only kappa.

Though i don't think i ever saw bugs and little critters on the floor or anywhere else. Weird not to have it.

Quazar

Sucks you can't purchase season pass on Xbox live. I preordered on Amazon and used code. No way for me to get season pass now?

PatDH

spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Klyka - GT: Klyka
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar
Jebr0n - GT: Jebr0n
Andodalf - GT: Mrussell5
In Service - GT: Damatris
Bodom78 - GT: Bodom78
orichalcos - GT: oriic
GreyWind - GT: RoyalKnight
cackhyena - GT: yerffejko
Hawk269 - GT: Hawk269
panama chief - GT: Panama chief
CrimsonEclipse - GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE
Anton Sugar - GT: Gareth Marenghi
Anfang - GT: Crossedkarma
MythicReclaimer - GT: MythicReclaimer
Xaero Gravity - GT: Xaero Gravity
GoodCoffeeJoey - GT: GoodCoffeeJoey
cresto - GT: cresto

Quoting myself, how vain.

Anyway, these are the names I got of XB1 players from the last 15 or so pages. Not a bad number really, so feel free to add each other if you want and get some games going when it's released! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom