• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bR6dE1V.jpg

Go watch this movie if you need to kill time. It's Sodenberg's Contagion from 2011, it's an awesome movie about a virus outbreak and how it slowly grinds society to a halt. It's a thriller, not an action movie.

This movie is the perfect prologue to The Division, truly.

qH1Am5p.jpg

3qdiajA.jpg

Looks familiar, doesn't it?
Yes, it is. Watched it last night.

SamuraiX-

bR6dE1V.jpg

Go watch this movie if you need to kill time. It's Sodenberg's Contagion from 2011, it's an awesome movie about a virus outbreak and how it slowly grinds society to a halt. It's a thriller, not an action movie.

qH1Am5p.jpg

3qdiajA.jpg

Totally agreed. One of the greatest pathogen-based doomsday scenario films I've watched.

As somebody who works in biotech R&D, the best thing about the movie is how sound and grounded in reality all of the science is that it presents. Nothing like CSI fantasy science bullshit. Everything that happens in the movie and how the events play out are entirely feasible if all the right conditions are met like they were in the film.

Nokterian

Totally agreed. One of the greatest pathogen-based doomsday scenario films I've watched.

As somebody who works in biotech R&D, the best thing about the movie is how sound and grounded in reality all of the science is that it presents. Nothing like CSI fantasy science bullshit. Everything that happens in the movie and how the events play out are entirely feasible if all the right conditions are met like they were in the film.

I like my science movies taking accurate things like mostly interstellar does or the martian for example also science.

Playing the model game on the division website also using real accuracy what could happen is also scary.

Makikou

DigitalHitmann just tweeted this:

James Getty @DigitalHitmann 1m
PSA: The beginning of the game is out there. It already got ruined for me. Had people sending me screenshots and dashboard pictures. FML.

Be wary out there, don't know how people have seen it.

I'm off Monday so I'm planning on sitting by the XB1 at 7:59am

Well I'm off until Friday so on Monday I plan on using my sons copy until he gets back in.

Amazon are obnoxiously accurate with their pre-order deliveries so I'm not expecting my Gold Edition until Tuesday.

I thought the server were opening on Monday afternoon in UK/EU??
If it's the morning I'm setting an alarm!

Tecnniqe

Banned
DigitalHitmann just tweeted this:

James Getty @DigitalHitmann 1m
PSA: The beginning of the game is out there. It already got ruined for me. Had people sending me screenshots and dashboard pictures. FML.

Be wary out there, don't know how people have seen it.

If hes talking about the reddit images which first originated on GAF, again, all it spoiled was the tutorial location area, which im sure 70% of people know already who visited gaming boards.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well I'm off until Friday so on Monday I plan on using my sons copy until he gets back in.

Amazon are obnoxiously accurate with their pre-order deliveries so I'm not expecting my Gold Edition until Tuesday.

I thought the server were opening on Monday afternoon in UK/EU??
If it's the morning I'm setting an alarm!
It's 8am Eastern, however that translates to you.

SRV

Gone Gold haha, shipping email from Amazon finally arrived, now to just play the waiting game.

Is it Tuesday yet?

If hes talking about the reddit images which first originated on GAF, again, all it spoiled was the tutorial location area, which im sure 70% of people know already who visited gaming boards.

I really hope he is just referring to Brooklyn, cause all that took was common sense. If it's something else, then I might have to stay off the forums until Monday night.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Mined Unique:

Caduceus
Historian
Damascus
Pakhan
Liberator
Warlord
Valkyria
Midas
Medved
Defiler
Cassidy

Mined weapons:

1891/59 Carbine
586 Magnum
ACR
AK 47
AUG A3 Para XS
Black Market AK-74
Black Market M60 E6
Black Market RPK-74 E
Black Market SASG-12 S
Black Market T821
Burst Fire MP-5 A4
Classic AK-47
Classic FAL
Classic M1A
Classic M44 Carbine
Classic M60
Classic RPK-74
Converted SMG-9
Converted SMG-9 A2
Covert SRS
Custom L86 A2
Custom M44
Custom M870 MCS
Custom P416 G3
Custom PF45
DTA SRS Covert
Double Barrel Sawed Off
Double Barrel Shotgun
EMT P416
Enhanced ACR-E
Enhanced AUG A3P
FAL
Fireman's Super 90
First Wave M1A
First Wave PF45
First Wave Vector 45 ACP
Hazmat P416
Hk9S
Hunter M870
Hunting M44
JTF P416
LVOA-C
Lightweight M4
M14
M1911
M249 B
M249 Para
M249 SAW
M45A1
M60E4
M870
M870 Express
M9
MP5
MP5 ST
MP7
Marine Super 90
Military AK-47M
Military L86 LSW
Military M60 E4
Military M870A
Military M9
Military MK46
Military P416
Military RPK-74 M
Military SA-58
Military SCAR-H
Mk 16
Mk 20 SSR
Navy MP5 N
Officer's M9 A1
P416
PF45
Police 686 Magnum
Police M4
Police M870
Police Mk17
Police Pistol
Police Shotgun
Police T821
Px4 Storm
Px4 Storm Type F
Px4 Storm Type T
RPK-74
SA-80 LSW
SASG-12
SCAR-L
SMG-9
SOCOM M1A
SOCOM Mk20 SSR
SOCOM SCAR-L
SRS A1
SRS A1 Covert
Super 90
Survivor AK-47
T821
Tactical ACR
Tactical AUG A3P
Tactical M1911
Tactical M249 Para
Tactical Mk 16
Tactical SA-58E
Tactical SASG-12 K
Tactical Super 90 SBS
Tactical Vector 45 ACP
Vector 45 ACP

Vex_

Banned
bR6dE1V.jpg

qH1Am5p.jpg

3qdiajA.jpg

Refresh my memory again on the plot:

Doesn't Matt Damon's wife or child die in this movie too or something? They are unable to stop the virus overall right? Bad ending? Been so long since I've watched it. I remember it being solid, but not really that great. A lot of missed opportunities to really nail the panic (store looting, killings, turning on each other) it didn't really try to capture the whole picture. Which I feel was a bad idea. :/

M.W.

I need to stop reading this thread. I've been avoiding it but damn are we close.

Can't stop, can't stop the hype
I won't stop, I won't stop the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom