• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton668

no wonder I have him on ignore... go figure...

anyways.. 3 more sleeps right?

so if I sleep/wake for an hour/sleep/wake for half hour/sleep/wake it'll be out later today?

pahamrick

I'm probably going to wake up early before work on Monday so I can use a VPN to play on PC for a little bit. the. thirst. is. real.

Would you just need to VPN to 'unlock' the game ie: Steam, or do you need to keep it active in order to play?

Wouldn't mind playing early on Monday if its possible.

Would you just need to VPN to 'unlock' the game ie: Steam, or do you need to keep it active in order to play?

Wouldn't mind playing early on Monday if its possible.

If it's like any other game then it's just for the unlocking. The servers go live at 12:01 Australian time

Wallach

Absolutely. I literally shake my head when I read a post like that.

Love ya Wallach, but get with it.

Ain't even really specifically about UPlay, it's just annoying when a company puts a game up on Steam then routes you to their own shit anyway. Hopefully after you link a Steam account it at least gets out of your way, yeah? Will it just auto-login after launching after linked?

So people who have the PC version in Australia have to wait for the rest of the world in order to unlock the game? That doesn't seem right.

pahamrick

Ain't even really specifically about UPlay, it's just annoying when a company puts a game up on Steam then routes you to their own shit anyway. Hopefully after you link a Steam account it at least gets out of your way, yeah? Will it just auto-login after launching after linked?

Yeah, that's how it works now. Even with adding Non-Steam Uplay games to Steam, it auto-logs in and starts the game and you don't technically even see Uplay pop-up, just a splash screen of the game.

6SlMMjL.jpg

So excite!

Plus $10 to Best Buy for pre-ordering. Nice.

Raven117

Tensions are high before release!

Hahaha fellas, please keep in mind this is video game. Something that lots of folks will like, others will hate, and some find just okay.

It's all gravy. Games are fun

Tensions are high before release!

Hahaha fellas, please keep in mind this is video game. Something that lots of folks will like, others will hate, and some find just okay.

It's all gravy. Games are fun

Yeah man, I got called out via PM for mentioning
Brooklyn
is a location in a game set in New York City. Might be a good chance we see the Bronx, Manhatten, Soho, Central Park also.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Brooklyn
is a location in a game set in New York City. Might be a good chance we see the Bronx, Manhatten, Soho, Central Park also.

I dont mind it as its early game and all that, but there are some in here and on discord who dont want to know, spoilering or not IMG link it would do the trick with a warning.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Brooklyn

No, I called you out for posting a spoilery image without using a spoiler tag in a thread that's devoted to the game.

And yet you still left it un-spoiler tagged.

void666

Banned
Lol. I'm not nearly as hyped as you guys are.

I've no idea which version i'll play first. PC or PS4? I have both monitors side by side.
Maybe i can play both simultaneosly? I've been praticing playing with one hand for quite some time. Maybe it's a good time to put my ability to the test.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I've no idea which version i'll play first. PC or PS4? I have both monitors side by side.
Maybe i can play both simultaneosly? I've been praticing playing with one hand for quite some time. Maybe it's a good time to put my ability to the test.

Both digital?

I dont mind it as its early game and all that, but there are some in here and on discord who dont want to know, spoilering or not IMG link it would do the trick with a warning.

No, I called you out for posting a spoilery image without using a spoiler tag in a thread that's devoted to the game.

And yet you still left it un-spoiler tagged.

Also, think about when the games comes out and 20 people on your friends list will be playing it. Not everyone will play at the same pace. Therefore, some people will see locations from different people.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Also, think about when the games comes out and 20 people on your friends list will be playing it. Not everyone will play at the same pace. Therefore, some people will see locations from different people.

It's no different from any other game that displays locations.

You're argument for keeping it non-tagged is that it's a "real world" location. You have nothing to stand on besides your ego thinking that you're in the right for not tagging a spoiler.

Just tag it and be done with it.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Dont matter, it takes very little effort to spoiler tag someting so we can still have conversations without people having to see things they dont want.
At least for the first few days

ibu

Patience is a virtue. Most of us are displaying evidence of this. But out of respect to everyone no need to spoiler the game, personally I'm not fussed. But it's all about self-discovery... At least that's what is trying to be brought across.

I'll be waiting patiently until Tuesday (UK GAF), so if you're on ps4, I'll be there (
psn: ibu666
). Just pm to say who you are on GAF and I'll accept the invite.

Stay frosty guys and gals.

Goddamn it.
The standard copy I got from ShopTo for my son has turned up to day.
I bet my Gold Edition from Amazon won't get here 'til Tuesday and the bloody servers go up on Monday afternoon here.
Grrrrr

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

"Not nearly as hyped"...buys two versions. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom