• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Refresh my memory again on the plot:

Doesn't Matt Damon's wife or child die in this movie too or something? They are unable to stop the virus overall right? Bad ending? Been so long since I've watched it. I remember it being solid, but not really that great. A lot of missed opportunities to really nail the panic (store looting, killings, turning on each other) it didn't really try to capture the whole picture. Which I feel was a bad idea. :/

Uhm, your memory seems rather jogged, because it actually shows all of the things you point out to be missing.

About the ending:
good ending, unfortunately. I'd be okay with a bleak ending on how humanity ends not with a bang like nuclear armageddon, but with the whisper of of a viral outbreak. Also - Matt Damon's wife dies in the first 10 minutes and is Patient Zero, a large part of the movie revolves around tracing her steps to find out what happened. They never do, but the movie shows it anyway as an epilogue.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ccz2BCSW8AEZhs2.jpg

Military & Marine Forces pack available at a German retailer for The Division

TheDivision Standard Edition renamed to Day One Edition on all platforms at GameStop.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Need some deceitful advertising quotes on the gif.

"Solves world hunger." -Kotaku
"Destiny 2 delayed till 2017 because Bungie is playing this game" -GameSpot
"9.9/10" -IGN
"This game has made NY the #1 salt producing state" -Polygon

Not sure which outfit to use theres so many that come with the game I'm debating maybe Hazmat or National Guard or Firefighter lets see some votes..

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not sure which outfit to use theres so many that come with the game I'm debating maybe Hazmat or National Guard or Firefighter lets see some votes..

FF will prob be the least used.
That or NG.

Personally Haz looks good cause Orange, but like a giant target in DZ

Vex_

Banned
Uhm, your memory seems rather jogged, because it actually shows all of the things you point out to be missing.

About the ending:
good ending, unfortunately. I'd be okay with a bleak ending on how humanity ends not with a bang like nuclear armageddon, but with the whisper of of a viral outbreak. Also - Matt Damon's wife dies in the first 10 minutes and is Patient Zero, a large part of the movie revolves around tracing her steps to find out what happened. They never do, but the movie shows it anyway as an epilogue.

Yeap. I remember now. The movie just wasn't good. The word I'd use to describe it? Mediocre.

Although I am probably biased because I am not a fan of Matt damon outside of the Bourne movies.

Sorry to interrupt the red pandas, which are awesome...

So apparently they've put some work into making this a single player game as well? I'm sure when they announced it was a full-on MMO. Was there a change at some point?

Or is the game really only going to be a barebones single player experience?

deoee

So apparently they've put some work into making this a single player game as well? I'm sure when they announced it was a full-on MMO. Was there a change at some point?

I had fun doing the beta missions solo and you can always invite 3 friends.

You can do everything solo but DZ will be significally harder.

They never said it was a MMO.

Its a online shared experience, that can be both solo and Co op on the fly. With a DZ hub for pvp and pve.

Gryph

I put 20 hours pure solo into the Beta. If you like exploring and tracking down intel / collectibles I can 100% promise this game has a ton of content for you.

If you're just interested in the length of the single player quest line stuff I'd say it still looks pretty beefy. Like the single player content of other Loot RPGs like Diablo or Borderlands, looking like a good 15-20 hours of missions. That's an informed guess not an official statement.

M.W.

I had fun doing the beta missions solo and you can always invite 3 friends.

You can do everything solo but DZ will be significally harder.

I solo'd the DZ all the time and did well as far as extracting loot went. It's more nerve wracking, that's for sure. But I was incredibly careful, I'd take my time and try to choose the best extraction point. Not once did I get ganked at an EP.

Manac0r

How does The season pass work? A friend gifted me a copy of the game on steam.. Can I add the season pass via uplay and it will still apply? Or do I need Steam's Season pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom