• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put 20 hours pure solo into the Beta. If you like exploring and tracking down intel / collectibles I can 100% promise this game has a ton of content for you.

If you're just interested in the length of the single player quest line stuff I'd say it still looks pretty beefy. Like the single player content of other Loot RPGs like Diablo or Borderlands, looking like a good 15-20 hours of missions. That's an informed guess not an official statement.

Hmm, sounds good. I can see I'm going to buckle and get this.

taco543

Hunter outfit for me.

Dat hat though.

tumblr_lya8biGYbk1qahkas.gif

Why are we posting spoilers, even hidden spoilers, in a thread before the game is even released? Accidents happen.

Stop it. Create a spoiler thread if you want.

Or am I missing a joke somewhere? I haven't clicked on any.

Tecnniqe

Banned
if you check the link I posted earlier.

if you count the objectives part

Why are we posting spoilers, even hidden spoilers, in a thread before the game is even released? Accidents happen.

Its a email spoiler, you cant even see it on mobile, and its not a pure list of missions, its a datafile list so even by accident, unless you keep reading, wont spoil anything.

Gryph

This is probably the right call. Let's not spoil anyone's experience.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Because people that want spoiler information want the information.
And having two threads for a game that isn't out is pointless.

As long as everything spoilery is spoiler tagged, I don't see anything wrong with it.

As long as everything spoilery is spoiler tagged, I don't see anything wrong with it.

So you don't agree on two threads on a game that isn't out yet (even though there's more than two already) where one is posting spoilers, but you DO agree on posting them in a non spoiler thread?

Insane.

Tecnniqe

Banned

email tag posted in a code so even accidental quote wont reveal anything unless you read it.

Unless you are on about the numbers being posted.

hydruxo

I don't have a problem with spoilers being in this thread if they're tagged appropriately.

That said, I think we should go ahead and get a spoiler thread up and running now that there's some substantial story info coming out.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Spoiler tags are included on this forum for a reason. Use them liberally and there won't be any issues.
If you don't want to see the information.....don't click on spoiler tags or quote posts that say "SPOILER SPOILER THERE'S A SPOILER HERE"

Is it really hard?

So this will probably be the type of DLC (cosmetics) that we can expect come Tuesday?

Also I worry about this game community. One of the biggest things that helped Destiny was the subreddit; Bungie even hired someone that was a mod there. The Division subreddit mods seem inexperience with handling posts and figuring out tags. Threads that spoiled mission names got removed/deleted by mods but 12 hours later they were confirmed to be real. Power hungry, inexperience mods can hurt a community.

Spoiler tags are included on this forum for a reason. Use them liberally and there won't be any issues.
If you don't want to see the information.....don't click on spoiler tags or quote posts that say "SPOILER SPOILER THERE'S A SPOILER HERE"

Is it really hard?

Apparently, yes. I mean it would be one thing if they were unmarked or there wasn't a warning with them

Tecnniqe

Banned
So this will probably be the type of DLC (cosmetics) that we can expect come Tuesday?

Also I worry about this game community. One of the biggest things that helped Destiny was the subreddit; Bungie even hired someone that was a mod there. The Division subreddit mods seem inexperience with handling posts and figuring out tags. Threads that spoiled mission names got removed/deleted by mods but 12 hours later they were confirmed to be real. Power hungry, inexperience mods can hurt a community.

Yeah mods deleted real images of the testers playing too, prob cause they considered them fake.

Give it some time, should be fine.
If not there are a lot of dedicated division website running already and GAF.

Is it really hard?

Try going into the Walking Dead thread or GoT thread and posting a tagged spoiler.

Sooooo... those in the closed beta can play already with the physical copy? The fuck? And digital, what's the ETA for preload on ps4? '-'

Gryph

It'd be nice if the Division Reddit was as good as the Destiny one. But I wouldn't worry about the impact on the overall community. Only 1.5% of Destiny players have ever been to the sub-reddit...

Tovarisc

Destiny's sub-reddit also had a lot growing pains when mods in there tested out different rules, tags etc., and were very green in managing that community. Yes Bungie hired Cozmo for what he achieved with that sub-reddit, but it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine from day 1.

Yeah mods deleted real images of the testers playing too, prob cause they considered them fake.

Give it some time, should be fine.
If not there are a lot of dedicated division website running already and GAF.

I don't think the subreddit will improve drastically before or soon after release. I felt like I saw some real immature responses from some mods. Plus there are multiple good subreddits to take ideas from for large games. I don't see what is stopping them from starting to implement tags (spoiler, speculation/rumor, discussion, rant). It seems like poor management but there is always GAF so I'm alright.

Destiny's sub-reddit also had a lot growing pains when mods in there tested out different rules, tags etc., and were very green in managing that community. Yes Bungie hired Cozmo for what he achieved with that sub-reddit, but it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine from day 1.

The subreddit was still pretty good when the game released. But even if it wasn't with the obvious and blatant comparison between this game and Destiny it is a no-brainer for the subreddit mods to look at the Destiny subreddit and learn and take the best practices from them. Don't waste time reinventing the wheel.

It'd be nice if the Division Reddit was as good as the Destiny one. But I wouldn't worry about the impact on the overall community. Only 1.5% of Destiny players have ever been to the sub-reddit...

Ha wow really the percentage is that low? I also wonder how much of the subreddit now makes up Destiny core players that are still playing (no way to get this number).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom