• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

Why does Division Gaf hate on destiny Gaf so much?

I ask this because I am part of DestinyGaf and think the community is awesome but I am also going to be part of Division Gaf since I have the game preordered on ps4.

I don't hate anyone, I just think its a funny OT in light of Ubisofts "brazenly deceitful" marketing that says The Divison blows Destiny out of the water.

Oh ok. Yes, I saw and posted in that thread created earlier but the one gaffer. I thought it was kinda ridiculous calling out The Division for the only game to do that when many others have in the past. It's not just games it's almost all of the advertising world....

Gryph

Why does Division Gaf hate on destiny Gaf so much?

I ask this because I am part of DestinyGaf and think the community is awesome but I am also going to be part of Division Gaf since I have the game preordered on ps4.

This isn't really hate, he's making fun of the Division advertising and the disaster of a thread that was locked this morning.

As for the real hate that gets thrown around, people just get super loyal about video games for some reason. Always been a mystery to me.

cormack12

Gold Member
The Division |OT| AZone in the Dark
The Division |OT| Trump got in, five days later.......
The Division |OT| 75,000 blocks; Dat's a lotta smallpox

Oh ok. Yes, I saw and posted in that thread created earlier but the one gaffer. I thought it was kinda ridiculous calling out The Division for the only game to do that when many others have in the past. It's not just games it's almost all of the advertising world....

"THIS JUST IN: Publisher misconstrues outlet's quote in marketing pitch, more at 11."

Every game does this, and yet, the Destiny salt is so real.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Someone is saying that it's not the opening but videos sitched together. From the game that you find.

Hm, it would make perfect sense to be the opening, guess we'll find out soon.

2 scenes at the end
may be from collectibles

Pretty cool none the less

Yeah, i thought the same. The ending may be from different videos but the beginning im pretty sure is from the opening.

Ubersnug

Can anyone who has preloaded the division on the Xbox one, can you confirm the current file size? Mine is still saying 27.5gig and wanted to know if that's what everyone else has or if I need to delete it now and force a redownload for the new file size.

PatDH

Can anyone who has preloaded the division on the Xbox one, can you confirm the current file size? Mine is still saying 27.5gig and wanted to know if that's what everyone else has or if I need to delete it now and force a redownload for the new file size.

Mine is 32.4gb in My Games & Apps or if I go to Manage Game it's 32.5gb.

Mine is 32.4gb in My Games & Apps or if I go to Manage Game it's 32.5gb.

Yet the game box copy says it's a 40gb sized game. Wonder how big the activation patch will be. A whole 10 gb download maybe, plus it seems the version PC is more compressed. With a 30 gb pre load. In comparison to console is this always the case?

mosdl

Yet the game box copy says it's a 40gb sized game. Wonder how big the activation patch will be. A whole 10 gb download maybe, plus it seems the version PC is more compressed. With a 30 gb pre load. In comparison to console is this always the case?

The day 1 patch (or at least the download after I downloaded the initial game) on Uplay was less than 2 gigs. The 40 gigs is probably them being safe and assuming the worst possible size, perhaps including the free dlcs?

taco543

"THIS JUST IN: Publisher misconstrues outlet's quote in marketing pitch, more at 11."

Every game does this, and yet, the Destiny salt is so real.

56857031.jpg

I definitely need to give Destiny a break as it's running dry for me. Just got my preorder in at a MS Store. I'm going to use the $10 bonus to buy the Season Pass (first time buying one of these things) for $30.

Ya boy's making clothes hunting a priority just like in the beta.

watdaeff4

Add me if you want....GT: Hawk269

I am off the whole week as well. Going to co-op with my Wife on Tuesday, but any day after will be available. Probably going to run 2 Characters, one with the Wife and the other for when she is not playing.

Added.

Yeah, after Tuesday sounds good. To warn you - I'll be noobie at first as I just messed with the Beta enough to make sure I'll like it. I like going into games fresh and not having played a lot of beta/demos before it releases.

SJRB

Gold Member
I hope there's a hillbilly outfit so I can sit in front of a random house all day and use my sawed-off shotgun to shoot anyone who tresspasses my property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom