• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
CzSk3UF.jpg

Immersion.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Finally getting to try this, although I've already preordered gold due to this thread. Feels really good! Scratches the same itch as Destiny but hopefully without the content issue.

cakely

Logged on, got to my base. Yep, still pretty fun. Hopefully my friends will be on again tonight. Like Destiny it's really all about the co-op.

Glad I held on to the client, that was one big download I don't need to do again.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I really hope there's some good face and hair options for female characters when the game comes out, these random ones look awful. I know it's supposed to be just a tiny part of the apparently massive options the full game will have, but the randomiser is shit, just jumps between these 3 races and each has two locked hair styles, like, why? There also better be that pony tail there is in the loading screen.

I almost always go with a female when given the choice, but I have to go with a dude again because the faces just don't look very nice at all.

Klyka

Banned
I really hope there's some good face and hair options for female characters when the game comes out, these random ones look awful. I know it's supposed to be just a tiny part of the apparently massive options the full game will have, but the randomiser is shit, just jumps between these 3 races and each has two locked hair styles, like, why?

I almost always go with a female when given the choice, but I have to go with a dude again because the faces just don't look very nice at all.

the "randomizer" just has the tiny amount unlocked for the beta to work with. it's not even really "random"

Tecnniqe

Banned
What happened?

Well driver install failed (god knows why) and installer wizard kept looping turning my GPUs off and essentially"bricking" them.

Fixed it thanks to window 10 installer.

Thank fucking god that exists. Seems 3D is disabled by default in this driver cause nVidia control panel wont fucking open and im not installing that POS driver EVER again.

No fucking way sir.

bounchfx

just got a beefy computer, saw the open beta started today. got SUPER PUMPED. then saw it wasnt on steam, only on uPlay.

Fuck I hate everything.

oakenhild

just got a beefy computer, saw the open beta started today. got SUPER PUMPED. then saw it wasnt on steam, only on uPlay.

Fuck I hate everything.

There is a download link on the steam store page for the open beta about half way down.

I mean, you could also use Uplay. Fairly easy to close out of it when done playing.

Well driver install failed (god knows why) and installer wizard kept looping turning my GPUs off and essentially"bricking" them.

Fixed it thanks to window 10 installer.

Thank fucking god that exists. Seems 3D is disabled by default in this driver cause nVidia control panel wont fucking open and im not installing that POS driver EVER again.

No fucking way sir.

Damn! Glad your GPUs failed at their attempted suicide.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Damn! Glad your GPUs failed at their attempted suicide.

My first clue was when my SLI just vanished rendering my screens black :|

Scary dud.

At least these drivers work and i created a backup called "nVidia WORKS" for future driver bullshit.

Its not the Division ready drivers, so frames does suffer a bit, but at least the fucker works lmao.

Ill try some more later :|

bounchfx

so you....install uplay?

unfortunately I did before I saw the below post

There is a download link on the steam store page for the open beta about half way down.

I mean, you could also use Uplay. Fairly easy to close out of it when done playing.

holy lord thank you. I checked their news post and didn't see anything, not sure how I missed that. <3

It's on steam though..
Check the store page and you'll find the open beta banner below to install the game.

praise lord ubisoft learning from their past sins

Sai-kun

Banned
holy shit i almost cried with laughter when me and two of my teammates discovered the higher level contaminated area in the Hospital, and all tried to get to the chest at the end, and all died right next to each other.

the way you just fucking drop is hysterical
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

thankfully as long as you get the chest open and loot it, you get to keep it, even if you die

holy shit i almost cried with laughter when me and two of my teammates discovered the higher level contaminated area in the Hospital, and all tried to get to the chest at the end, and all died right next to each other.

the way you just fucking drop is hysterical
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

thankfully as long as you get the chest open and loot it, you get to keep it, even if you die
Thank you for the spoiler :p

oakenhild

It will still require uplay to play.

Also, you can find fairly big discounts on the game if you're ok with a uplay key. I haven't found a single discounted steam key. I bought the gold edition for $71 from gamesplanet after currency conversions. They're an official worldwide reseller, so it's all legit too.

Truant

Game runs at a smooth 60fps on my 970 at recommended settings, but the music and some ambient sounds are cutting out constantly. Any way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom