• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
think about it

2zdQXTo.gif

latest

Bah. Crashes on my pc. Furthest I've gotten is the health warning. So sad. Started dling the beta on my ps4 but I'll likely be going to sleep well before its finished, looks like I'm waiting one more day... Of course I expected to do most of my playing on saturday anyways, so not that big a deal I guess, but I would have like to have seen it work on my pc.

shandy706

Lighting shining through bullet holes is still in...

SneakyCharmingAustraliancurlew.gif

Rippling Fabric is still in....

WellwornMisguidedDutchshepherddog.gif

Both of those were in the Alpha. I went on a shoot everything in the game spree again to see if anything changed.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So any of you people got this issue with Fullscreen?
s4MJ6SH.jpg

Borderless works perfectly fine.

New OB bug? Cause it sure as hell wasn't there during CB.

Both of those were in the Alpha. I went on a shoot everything in the game spree again to see if anything changed.

Nice.

You can also go up to vehicles and shoot through more than one window at a time. You can also shoot through the window, fabric of the seat and opposite window at the same time.

If you really want a chuckle
I have soooooo much time on my hands
try shooting up one of the concrete traffic blocks outside your base of operations. You can chip of an inch or so of concrete from every face of the block before you get to a solid centre. But the solid centre has graffiti on it, under the layers of concrete! Re-use textures much?
I hate my life

catspit

How does the chat work in this game.. Even if your in a party chat with friends does it still come through to others who are close by ? (Ps4) during the last beta I heard exactally Zero people talking in the dark zone or anywhere else!

How does the chat work in this game.. Even if your in a party chat with friends does it still come through to others who are close by ? (Ps4) during the last beta I heard exactally Zero people talking in the dark zone or anywhere else!

In party chat you only hear your party and only they can hear you (PS4). I played a bunch in and out of parties and when i was out of parties it was cool hearing and interacting with strangers via proximity chat. I joined a few good groups that way by just meeting random people and chatting them teaming up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Performance is much worse compared to last beta on my PC for some reason. Maybe that nvidia driver update last week is a problem.

If you are in a PS4 Party, people in the Dark Zone will not hear you because your chat audio is rerouted from the game itself to the Party, and I believe you will not be able to hear others in the Dark Zone if you're in a Party because chat audio comes only from the Party Chat and not from in-game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I remember having a firefight in a storm like that in the first beta.

Oh yeah. It's creepy to walk through the DZ when a storm rolls in and see other players stalking through just at the edge of vision.

Just got killed by a random person in the dark zone...for no reason other than to steal my stuff.

Terrible.

Welcome to the jungle.

The Foul

Just got killed by a random person in the dark zone...for no reason other than to steal my stuff.

Terrible.

Yeah I walked out the door, and four guys jumped me instantly, it was kind of funny but I had nfi what I was doing. Figured it was some sort of "hard zone with no respawns" as opposed to a full blown PvP area, can see myself avoiding that area as a solo player.

Pheace

Sadly I'm just not getting enough DPS to consider it worth getting atm, though Nvidia coupons will at least make it affordable. Really need that PC upgrade (AMD Phenom II 1090T/8GB/HD7970)

Went into the Darkzone, threw a turret because of some enemies. It locked onto some random dude and I was made a rogue agent.

Fuck that. Couldn't even be bothered to respawn and arse about again after that.

ironcreed

Banned

Terrible.

That is what makes it so tense, as you just never know.

I was being helped by a guy from a distance who turned on me as soon as I picked up the loot. I just dug in and lobbed an incendiary grenade at him and bailed around the corner and headed for extraction. Only I was now rogue as well, but I made it after another long shootout. Fun as hell.

Z3M0G

Holy shit... these are nice touches!!

Went into the Darkzone, threw a turret because of some enemies. It locked onto some random dude and I was made a rogue agent.

Fuck that. Couldn't even be bothered to respawn and arse about again after that.

Oh my... this is not good...

From all i've seen over the past days with the turrets... fuck 'em. I really think they need to be completely removed from the game. Really stupid seeing 12 random people all throw their turrets around an extraction only for the turrets to blast everyone in sight killing half the people while making everyone Rogue. Dumb mechanic. Cut it.

Everyones spamming them... and the counters are basically nonexistent from what i have seen.

From all i've seen over the past days with the turrets... fuck 'em. I really think they need to be completely removed from the game. Really stupid seeing 12 random people all throw their turrets around an extraction only for the turrets to blast everyone in sight killing half the people while making everyone Rogue. Dumb mechanic. Cut it.

Everyones spamming them... and the counters are basically nonexistent from what i have seen.

That sounds hilarious. Do they really just target anyone, rogue or not? Will they shoot your own group members?

Woo-Fu

Banned

Terrible.

I hope you're being sarcastic. Killing you for your loot is the 2nd best reason to kill somebody in the darkzone. There is a reason people with gear have a bright yellow target on their ass.

Z3M0G

Yah... I'm starting to worry that turrets may ruin the game entirely... are they easy to destroy at least?

And do they really just target anyone who is not in your party? That alone completely breaks their use in the DZ... they should at least only target someone who is Rogue, or non-Rogue if you are rogue... and what happens if two Rogue's fight each other??

This sounds impossible to get right, remove them!

That sounds hilarious. Do they really just target anyone, rogue or not? Will they shoot your own group members?

I dont think they're supposed to as they dont seem to every time... i even saw one guy in the same group get mauled by what appeared to be his other fireteam buddy's turret!

Yah... I'm starting to worry that turrets may ruin the game entirely... are they easy to destroy at least?

And do they really just target anyone who is not in your party? That alone completely breaks their use in the DZ... they should at least only target someone who is Rogue, or non-Rogue if you are rogue... and what happens if two Rogue's fight each other??

This sounds impossible to get right, remove them!

Not entirely sure of the mechanics... just been watching a lot of the streamers and have seem some insane shit with turrets. Everyone seems to be running them too. They just feel really out of place. I hope they get pinched or work on NPCs only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom