• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Snow storms are beatiful

P60sxhP.png

upQqiUE.png

image.php

"When the snow storms so you juuuuust cant see shit"

Am i doing it right?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does this look better to anyone else on Xbox One than it did last time? Just noticed everything looks a little more crisp and detailed.

Hmm, not sure if I like this game or not. The dark zone is interesting, but feels like a Fisher Price Dayz. Seems to be so confined that you only have a decent chance with a group.

Kabouter

Glad to be back, still thoroughly enjoying myself. New mission was pretty good, but I think the Madison Square Garden mission is better designed. There was more variety in environments in that one I felt.

Really like that new mission but its a shame you can only do it on normal :/

Oh really? Guess whenever I feel like PvE it'll mostly be Madison Square Garden still then.

LuuKyK

For some reason the game completely stops working as soon as it load for me (on PC) and the it shuts itself down. Great, apparently I can't play this then. :(

ironcreed

Banned
Hmm, not sure if I like this game or not. The dark zone is interesting, but feels like a Fisher Price Dayz. Seems to be so confined that you only have a decent chance with a group.

I was doing fine alone and had a blast when randoms showed up to help every now and then. It's perfectly doable solo. And outside of the Dark Zone it feels like a single player game.

jet1911

I have a weird dilema. I tried the beta on my PC and it looks bad and I must put the game in 900p to have a somewhat playable framerate. Buuuuuuuuuut it controls soooooo much better than the console version. Wat do Gaf brothers? :(

funo

does anyone else have issues with the audio? (PC)
There's a constant echo/reverb on all sound effects, regardless of whether I am inside our outside, everything sounds super echo-y. (speaker-options do not change anything)
Playing on headphones and it's super annoying - had this issue since alpha :/

Tecnniqe

Banned
I have a weird dilema. I tried the beta on my PC and it looks bad and I must put the game in 900p to have a somewhat playable framerate. Buuuuuuuuuut it controls soooooo much better than the console version. Wat do Gaf brothers? :(

Its not like the console version looks super great. But how much worse is it on PC for you?

I'd rather have better controls than visuals.

Does this look better to anyone else on Xbox One than it did last time? Just noticed everything looks a little more crisp and detailed.

Yeah, it does seem to be the case...I'm sure its still using a dynamic rez but maybe its achieving 1080p more frequent now...no idea. I just know that it looks great, the lighting is really on point.

Bold One

For those who have put in a considerable amount of time into this,

Will there be constant chatter from HQ laying out important info and the such or can I turn the volume down and listen to my podcasts?

oakenhild

For those who have put in a considerable amount of time into this,

Will there be constant chatter from HQ laying out important info and the such or can I turn the volume down and listen to my podcasts?

The audio chatter is good, and does tell the story a bit. That being said, once you've run a mission you know how everything goes. No need to hear the audio anymore.

Dave_6

Is it just me or is this looking better than the previous closed beta? I can't play it till tonight but I'm just going off the screenshots I've seen.

george_us

PS4 Beta seems significantly buggier than the Xbox One Beta. Had a gamebreaking glitch on the first mission where it wouldn't let me rappel down the elevator shaft to complete the mission and I kept falling through the world.

Raide

Played some of the PC version. I am rubbish with K&M. Might plug a pad in and see how I go.

Performance wise, its sitting high 30's with most things on full. Might get the XB1 version purely just because of my friends list etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
PS4 Beta seems significantly buggier than the Xbox One Beta. Had a gamebreaking glitch on the first mission where it wouldn't let me rappel down the elevator shaft to complete the mission and I kept falling through the world.

It must be the M$ moneyhats

Klyka

Banned
I kinda feel that on PC you can't really call enemies bulletsponges when basically every shot you take is a headshot XD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

G_Berry

Banned
I'll be playing this for a while on release that's for sure. Loved the alpha on both Xbox and ps4 and this is no different.

I love the pvp but I really enjoy just wondering around the city by myself, soaking up the atmosphere.

Bring on March 8!!!!

Yeah, it does seem to be the case...I'm sure its still using a dynamic rez but maybe its achieving 1080p more frequent now...no idea. I just know that it looks great, the lighting is really on point.

I was thinking the same thing. It does appear to be a bit cleaner now. I'm very pleased with how it looks & plays on the XB1.

shandy706

It's running at a higher resolution...much higher in the City...than in the Alpha.

Noticed it instantly.

I'm playing on PC and X1.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
And yet, the console version is still really atmospheric and awesome, especially with headphones on. Not up to that graphical fidelity but still pretty damn good.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll be playing on console.

I just saw that smooth motion and it stood out so much to me. I'd welcome less effects, resolution, other things that people think are very important for 60fps.

Kane1345

Anyone have any problems with going up stairs/steps sometimes? Sometimes I just can't walk up further and it's like an invisible wall is there. This didn't really bother me until I was doing a timed encounter and I couldn't walk up the steps to continue the mission. This is on PS4 by the way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, the only new story mission they added was one of the missing wings and not BOTH of them? :/

At least there's more enemies in and outside of the Dark Zone now and Enemies will drop more items in the Dark Zone currently to kinda make that bullshit worth it. But I still hate that mode more than anything. Too many people trying to bait you into going rouge. Blech.

So, the only new story mission they added was one of the missing wings and not BOTH of them? :/

At least there's more enemies in and outside of the Dark Zone now and Enemies will drop more items in the Dark Zone currently to kinda make that bullshit worth it. But I still hate that mode more than anything. Too many people trying to bait you into going rouge. Blech.

yeah...just the one new mission (which lets people unlock the Turret skill)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yeah...just the one new mission (which lets people unlock the Turret skill)

DIS-APPOINTED!.gif

The turret seems mostly useless in DZ outside of holding extractions. Fumbling with that and healing while not paused reminds me Dark Souls and not in a good way. I wish they gave you the ability to have skill loadouts and you only had to like CTRL+Numpad123 to switch between three different loadouts and could name them like "PvE, Dark Zone No Extract, DZ Extract" so you could get healing and turrets quicker than fumbling out the scan.

void666

Banned
Played some of the PC version. I am rubbish with K&M. Might plug a pad in and see how I go.

Performance wise, its sitting high 30's with most things on full. Might get the XB1 version purely just because of my friends list etc.

I used a dual shock to play the pc version. I think it's fine.
Even in the DZ. It's not a twitch shooter and i can consistently shoot people in the head.

I mean we are lucky to even get this open beta, and honestly its more for them then it is for us.

Just played my first bit of the Division on the Ps4.
I love how detailed the city is.
I only had time to play for 45 minutes to walk around and reach the first checkpoint/ marker (and a bit further) but thus far i'm digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom