• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Hm, not enjoying it as much as the closed beta. I guess because it's exactly more of the same.

I'm completely unsure on this game at this point. I feel like it could get really boring really fast.

Same. Ubisoft's complete silence about the scale and scope of the final game isn't exactly filling me with confidence. Manhattan was already starting to feel small at the end of the closed beta, if this is most of the map and missions don't aim considerably higher than the MSG one then yeah, I'm out.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of the game. I already played the closed beta so I don't want to play too much of this and get burnt out before the game launches.

undecided

Turning off chromatic aberration, depth of field, and a few other settings makes it look a lot better on pc. Looks like a mess with everything on.. I don't understand graphics developers anymore.

IvanJ

Banned
I'm actually a pretty big fan of the game. I already played the closed beta so I don't want to play too much of this and get burnt out before the game launches.

Same as me. I did play about 30 minutes last night, they said something about cosmetic content for Beta participants, that's the onlh reason.
I can wait 15 days to start for real, don't want to spoil the content beforehand.

Moobabe

Played the closed beta and sorta enjoyed it, but having to play the same stuff again has killed my enthusiasm entirely. Too much of this game just feels so blatantly mediore. The world which has been constructed in such detail ultimately feels completely empty, populated by repetitive and uninteresting AI, and even more repetitive and uninteresting enemies. On the whole though, it is simply empty. You can run down a road for hundreds of metres past masses of carefully crafted geometry and find literally nothing to do or care about.

Why does every road have to have something "to do" or to "care about" on it? This is my growing annoyance with people now where CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT is key. I actually like how Ubisoft seem to let a lot of the environment breathe - there doesn't have to be an enemy, or a chest, or a mission or SOMETHING on every street, around every corner.

Lemondish

Same. Ubisoft's complete silence about the scale and scope of the final game isn't exactly filling me with confidence. Manhattan was already starting to feel small at the end of the closed beta, if this is most of the map and missions don't aim considerably higher than the MSG one then yeah, I'm out.

How can you say this is most of the game's area when we can clearly see a much larger playable area by looking at the map?

I still cant believe how a open world game that is not even out yet looks so bad. Ubidowngrade ftw.

It looks bad even compared to last-gen GTA 5.

And it is really repetitive.

I pass, have fun with it everyone.

Time to visit the optometrist. Wow.

It is repetitive. So is every game ever. Especially grind games.

deoee

I still cant believe how a open world game that is not even out yet looks so bad. Ubidowngrade ftw.

giphy.gif

Pop

Come on you have an fallout avatar and here talking about how Division looks bad. And every game ever made is repetitive.

ultron87

Is there anything in the DZ that makes it so a group of rogues and non hostiles can't hang out? It seems like I'm seeing rogue people obviously in a group basically use their non rogue team members to flank you when you can't retaliate without going rogue yourself.

So if I manage to hook up my loot to the helicopter, but then go down, does it still get extracted?

I managed to hook up to the helicopter, but then enemies put me down and I didnt respawn until I watched the extraction leave. How do I tell what was extracted? or did it even extract

ironcreed

Banned
The heavy snow at night is amazing. It gets so smoggy you can't see shit in bright lights and encounters have a whole new dimension.

Kane1345

iu

and here I was thinking I wouldn't have to use this again in the thread. This is right up there with "plays like a 3rd person battlefield"

So yeah fuck the Dark Zone.

I need new equipment and because I have gotten any weapon drops the only decent equipment requires Dark Zone money or whatever the fuck that is.

I go in and find a nice looking shotgun. I'm like yes something! Some ass shoots the fuck out of me from behind and takes my shit.

Next I go in and find a really nice looking sniper rifle and I get attack by two dudes while I'm fighting off rioters. What made it worse is that I survived the initial assault I turn to face them and shot at what I thought was one of them ot turned out that agent wasn't so I "went rogue" and got killed and lost XP on top of the sniper.
Besides getting to rank 3 in the DZ I have nothing to show for the last hour or two.

If you want to Co op with a noobs third person gamer

PSN Frost-Fiend

Animator

Are you fishing for a tag?

I need new equipment and because I have gotten any weapon drops the only decent equipment requires Dark Zone money or whatever the fuck that is.

I go in and find a nice looking shotgun. I'm like yes something! Some ass shoots the fuck out of me from behind and takes my shit.

Next I go in and find a really nice looking sniper rifle and I get attack by two dudes while I'm fighting off rioters. What made it worse is that I survived the initial assault I turn to face them and shot at what I thought was one of them ot turned out that agent wasn't so I "went rogue" and got killed and lost XP on top of the sniper.
Besides getting to rank 3 in the DZ I have nothing to show for the last hour or two.

If you want to Co op with a noobs third person gamer

PSN Frost-Fiend

Dark zone is not someplace you solo. Grab a full fireteam and go in to enjoy it to the fullest or you will be frustrated non stop as people gank your shit. It is no different than dayz where if you run into a group of people while you are solo and carrying a bunch of nice looking gear, you will end up in the ditch to the side of the road.

ironcreed

Banned

Try to wait until there are groups of people acting cool with each other to extract. Your odds of getting it out of there are much higher. You can even use the chopper they call, unless the hook is loaded down already.

Game's....okay, I guess?

There's an unbelievable amount of environmental detail but the gameplay's not clicking with me.

That's how I feel. I think being a cover shooter is the problem. How much fun can you really have when most of your time is spent waiting for the enemy to stop shooting? I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm playing solo, but I can't see this staying compelling for very long at all.

Liamario

Banned
Finding the game very laggy after the sever maintenance. Easily a full second for AI and other players to react to my bullets. Don't know what happened.

Try to wait until there are groups of people acting cool with each other to extract. Your odds of getting it out of there are much higher. You can even use the chopper they call, unless the hook is loaded down already.

As soon as I pick up a worth while drop I get dead. I haven't had the chance to extracted.

Most of time in the DZ is exploring and using hit and run tactics on mobs to get XP.

But good advice nonetheless. I'll try to find someone people to play with.

As soon as I pick up a worth while drop I get dead. I haven't had the chance to extracted.

Most of time in the DZ is exploring and using hit and run tactics on mobs to get XP.

There is matchmaking for everything in The Division, including the Dark Zone.

So if I manage to hook up my loot to the helicopter, but then go down, does it still get extracted?

I managed to hook up to the helicopter, but then enemies put me down and I didnt respawn until I watched the extraction leave. How do I tell what was extracted? or did it even extract

Yes, if you go down after attaching / extracting it should be successful, at least that has been my experience.

For each "successful" extraction you will get a message telling you it has bent sent to your stash.

I really don't have much of a problem with soloing the Dead Zone. Got 22 items out last night. Most people help you I've found. If there's rouges just go to the opposite side of the map for a bit. There's nothing wrong with running away if rouges come up to you while extraction. Or kill them. :)<

Also turret is life, turret is love.

ironcreed

Banned

If you see one or two guys at an extraction point, I have found that most of the time they just want to get their loot out the same as you. Just give them a wave and join in to help them defend until the chopper arrives and you will more than likely get your stuff out of there.

But don't get me wrong, I started running into my share of pricks last night as well. It is really just a gamble that you will sometimes win and sometimes lose depending on the situation and your skill.

That tension is part of the fun for me and losing some good loot reminds me of losing souls in Dark Souls. Especially since you have a chance to get back where you got killed in order to retrieve your stuff. Your loot is there waiting at the spot of your death in the same way as souls would be.

Yes, if you go down after attaching / extracting it should be sussessful, at least that has been my experience.

For each "successful" extraction you will get a message telling you it has bent sent to your stash.

Ohhhh so thats where it is. I thought it auto gets put in your inventory. I was kinda mad that it didnt extract at first :p Thanks!

Gurish

FUCK!! I just noticed the beta opened, I'm downloading it but it's a huge file, chances of me playing it before it close are slim :(

99 hours left, lol :(

Did anyone else get really motion sick as soon as they started playing?

This game runs at 30fps right? Also I think it may be how the HUD is attached to my body and not anchored on screen.

I played for maybe 5 minutes and wanted to vomit so badly.

Got 2 CTDs after I've attempted to sprint both times I've played it.
Other than that I'm finding the gameplay pretty fun and it looks nice maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom