• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just listened to the 1h11min audio version of the spoiler talk, haven't watched the video yet. I was expecting worse, but Will's shtick was fairly quick at the start and then he was mostly quiet through the rest of the convo. I agree that he needs to refine that shit hard if he intends to continue being a contrarian though, it was just too transparent and not entertaining.

Goodwin was nitpicking some silly shit. He did back it up or concede when they argued, but it unfortunately took up time that could have been spent talking about certain aspects of the movie that they didn't cover. I feel like he was still a bit heated from the Facebook stuff with people coming at him, but shit, it's to be expected when you post stuff like that (the "I'm done trying to be a SW fan" thing).

Good talk overall. Korey talked about Will and Goodwin on the December 19 Casual Call-in Show, it was interesting.

What's really interesting is that Korey & Martin acknowledged the things that Goodwin said, but were able to look past it. That's exactly how I felt about Rogue One too. I can see the flaws but they didn't really bring the movie down for me. So you got people basically agreeing about the elements of the film but coming up with different ratings. Rare to see.

cj_iwakura

The AC review is a reminder of why I started watching them, when they ethered the hell out of 50 Shades of Black. No one's done it better since Ebert.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What's really interesting is that Korey & Martin acknowledged the things that Goodwin said, but were able to look past it. That's exactly how I felt about Rogue One too. I can see the flaws but they didn't really bring the movie down for me. So you got people basically agreeing about the elements of the film but coming up with different ratings. Rare to see.
yeah, I really like that about them. KG did bring good points to the table and with stuff like the Han Solo/Cassian comparison he ended up accepting that it wasn't like he initially thought after they dissected it. In the end both Koreys and Martin are pretty self-aware about how their personal feelings affects their opinions and it's part of what keeps me coming back.

Calling them "the best reviewers" is a bit much.

They are one of the best, just not THE best. Plus, I fear some people will take Will seriously.

lPF3O.gif

LionPride

Banned
Just listened to part one of the film review extravaganza, who be sending Will death threats? Who tracking Korey down? The fuck?

Also, Theo has so much money jesus christ

Eh ... Are we watching/listening the same podcast?

Goodwin and Martin are usually the ones who have to deflate Korey's overhyped reviews/expectations/ramblings so ...wat!?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Korey gets majorly hyped during trailers but he keeps it real when the movie comes out. Goodwin is getting better as a reviewer. I think he might be a tab bit too critical to prove that he actually sees the flaws but he's learning. Rogue One was a good example at the difference in styles. Martin and Korey saw the flaws but still loved the movie, Goodwin docked the movie for those same flaws.

Korey gets majorly hyped during trailers but he keeps it real when the movie comes out. Goodwin is getting better as a reviewer. I think he might be a tab bit too critical to prove that he actually sees the flaws but he's learning. Rogue One was a good example at the difference in styles. Martin and Korey saw the flaws but still loved the movie, Goodwin docked the movie for those same flaws.

I like Goodwin, he's a more dialed back version of what Chris used to be. A dissenting voice.

I know this is a DT thread but this deserves to be shared here. The Original Gentlemen podcast which includes Martin bring on Cargill (AKA Carlyle from spill) to discuss his latest movie, Dr. Strange, The Deus Ex movie he helped write, Alex Jones and other stuff.

ORIGINAL GENTLEMEN: SEASON 3/EPISODE 10: IS THERE A DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE HOUSE?

Martin, Chris, and Beau sit down with C. Robert Cargill as our guest again, only THIS time he CAN talk at length about the movie he wrote, Marvel’s Doctor Strange, and he gives us some goody insider details while we listen and get pretty whiskey-drunk.

"This video is most, but not quite all of the interview. For the entirety of it, you have to check out the audio version. Sorry, first attempt filming didn’t go as smoothly as originally planned."

Main page for the podcast

I'm glad Chris and Beau's thing is still going.

Not bringing in as much money as DT I bet but it's good that they are still around.

I was legit STUNNED that Jeff's video game thing is still around.

Edit: Real talk though, show of hands, who thought Cargill, Grant, and Jason would be the ones coming out the farthest ahead from the Spill days? lol.

I'm glad Chris and Beau's thing is still going.

Not bringing in as much money as DT I bet but it's good that they are still around.

I was legit STUNNED that Jeff's video game thing is still around.

Edit: Real talk though, show of hands, who thought Cargill, Grant, and Jason would be the ones coming out the farthest ahead from the Spill days? lol.

Jeff's rageselect podcasts are really good, but they're the only thing I come for when on his site.

Cargill and Brian Salibury are the ones I always thought would make it big.

mreddie

Eh ... Are we watching/listening the same podcast?

Goodwin and Martin are usually the ones who have to deflate Korey's overhyped reviews/expectations/ramblings so ...wat!?

True but Korey calls out Goodwin/Martin like the Blair Witch review and this was after both gave Korey shit for Don't Breathe.

I like all 3 debating on a movie, it's just Goodwin is one big wild card.

Meanwhile, sadly...

GEORGE MICHEAL TRIBUTE

What are Grant and Jason doing? And what, Martin is part of Chris's podcast? The 2 cameos in DT make sense.
Grant has beerist and is doing a lot of work in the entertainment industry. And Jason has a network TV show with Brian Brushwood

I member when he broke his arm climbing that wall.

Memories.

Real shame since he wanted to better himself through his art and comic.
Yeah it is, dude worked hard to try and better his life and one bad night ruins it.

Grant has beerist and is doing a lot of work in the entertainment industry. And Jason has a network TV show with Brian Brushwood

I member when he broke his arm climbing that wall.

Memories.

I legit thought Jason was going to kill himself on that wall when he climbed it during the one Spill.Con I went too.

I legit thought Jason was going to kill himself on that wall when he climbed it during the one Spill.Con I went too.
Yeah but it was funny as fuck with him trying to be Spider Man.
I see Jason is novelist now. Huh.

Grant and Jason do TV? That's insane.
Oh yeah and that's right his book dropped too.

His horror anthology is actually pretty good.

His show had something like two million YouTube subs. It's nuts. I remember when he was just my funny comic nerd buddy.

Grizzlyjin

I knew they were going to roast the new Alien trailer music as soon as saw it. 😂😂😂

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
LMAO @ how heated it got during the
Blair Witch
part of Korey's Worst of 2016.

mreddie

Korey's Worst 10...or 20 of 2016

Yoga Hosers
Bad Grampa/Brothers Grimsby
Norm of the North
Blair Witch
Nine Lives/Max Steel
Assassins Creed
Why Him?/Bad Santa 2
London Has Fallen/ID4 2
Suicide Squad
Mother's Day

Grizzlyjin

LMAO @ how heated it got during the
Blair Witch
part of Korey's Worst of 2016.

It's always horror movies. I'm waiting for
Don't Breathe
to be on Martin or Goodwin's list to set off Round 2 lmao

Not

Banned
Holy shit holy shit! This is the Spill.com guy! I used to watch their reviews all the time!! What happened to Leon, Cyrus and Carlyle?

Holy shit holy shit! This is the Spill.com guy! I used to watch their reviews all the time!! What happened to Leon, Cyrus and Carlyle?

Leon is still on the show, but he's using his real name, Martin.

Cyrus, real name Chris, has his own website, Oneofus.

Caryle, real name Robert Cargill, is a screenwriter, his most recent film being Doctor Strange.

Co-Host, Tony, stepped out of the game and is living his life.

Top Bottom