• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

JAqVbWM.gif

this shit had me in stitches.

I'm digging these sneak peeks they're having at the start of the videos now.

Did you see The Guardians of the Galaxy 2 vid?

Dram

Korey cancelled Ray's sport show because he hasn't done it, I think, for three weeks in a row. I thought Korey said Ray is still on the Casual Call in Show on Monday though.

Lijik

they only talked about ray in the context of his sports show getting cut, i really dont think hes off the site entirely.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm pretty sure Ray is coming on Monday's show. But yeah, his sports thing is done-zo.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Rogue One review is tonight. They're doing a special Instagram live event at 8:45 CST, which will apparently be the first 15 minutes of the review. It'll be at the Double Toasted fanpage on Instagram.

Grizzlyjin

I wonder why they haven't done Moonlight yet. When I lived in Austin there were tons of smaller indie theaters. It was pretty easy to see movies even during their limited release phase.

Grizzlyjin

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Came up with a way to listen to the podcast offline on my phone and have it always start from where I stopped: download .mp3 from soundcloud, tick "remember playback position" for the file on iTunes, transfer file to iPhone music app.

I assume there are several other solutions out there, but this one is quick and easy for me.

_Isaac

Came up with a way to listen to the podcast offline on my phone and have it always start from where I stopped: download .mp3 from soundcloud, tick "remember playback position" for the file on iTunes, transfer file to iPhone music app.

I assume there are several other solutions out there, but this one is quick and easy for me.

I wish they were just like other regular podcasts so I can listen to them on Pocket Casts.

Fuu

I wish they were just like other regular podcasts so I can listen to them on Pocket Casts.
yeah same. I know soundcloud is part of their hustle but I wish I could just subscribe to it normally on a podcast app.

Fuu

I probably wasn't going to watch this one at the theater but this review got me hyped to do it.

Here's a much easier solution I posted few months back and all can be done from your phone. I do this every morning before I leave for work and it takes me about 1-2 mins to complete.

What I do is use nplayer free from the App store. Nplayer has a browser, with it I go to the double toasted site, then go to the page of the show I want to listen to. The sound cloud player on the page has a download button. Hit the download button and it'll prompt you to either download or play, choose download and select where you wish to save it. The nplayer also has the ability to resume playback for audio like iTunes player. To enable the feature, go Settings> Audio playback> Resume playback

Fuu

Here's a much easier solution I posted few months back and all can be done from your phone. I do this every morning before I leave for work and it takes me about 1-2 mins to complete.
ohh nice, I'll check this out. thanks for the suggestion.

Damn, I used to love the Spill video reviews. When they stopped appearing on YouTube I kinda forgot all about them.

Who knew that all this time, this thread on Gaf I never checked out was actually about the old Spill guys :D

Tom Nook

Damn, I used to love the Spill video reviews. When they stopped appearing on YouTube I kinda forgot all about them.

Who knew that all this time, this thread on Gaf I never checked out was actually about the old Spill guys :D

Yup.

Too bad guys like Co-host 3000, Cyrus, and Carlyle are not in this. Carlye currently a screenwriter (Dr. Strange), Cyrus has is own website (oneofus.net), and I don't know what Co-host 3000 is doing currently.

ohh nice, I'll check this out. thanks for the suggestion.

No problem, forgot to mention that you can bookmark sites on browser for Nplayer. Quick run through of what it looks like.

Yup.

Too bad guys like Co-host 3000, Cyrus, and Carlyle are not in this. Carlye currently a screenwriter (Dr. Strange), Cyrus has is own website (oneofus.net), and I don't know what Co-host 3000 is doing currently.

Caryle (Cargill IRL) has his own podcast with Brian Salisbury called Junk Food Cinema.

Korey and Martin pretty much summed up my sentiments about Rogue One to a tee. Fantastic movie. It doesn't do as good a job at setting up camaraderie or deep motivations like other Star Wars movies, but it does it just enough to make you feel for everyone in the ensemble cast. Because it really isn't about the individuals, it's about the war effort.

Tony (Co-Host 3000) is functionally retired as a film critic due to a lot of issues with his family and health issues surrounding them.

It's a shame, it's just not the same listening to Korey and Martin rail on Adam Sandler without hearing that snickering in the background.

Top Bottom