• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Not

Banned
Oh yeah I loved cohost.

CARLYLE WROTE DOCTOR STRANGE???!

One or my best Spill memories is everyone pretending they didnt like Trek 09 and not telling him

mreddie

WORST GAMES OF 2016

Actually considering making a thread for this,

Gertz's Worst of '16
5. Telltale Batman - Because of bugs
4. Dark Souls 3 - "If I wanted to be frustrated and angry, I'd try dating and doing my taxes!"
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
2. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

Goodwin's Worst
5. Ghostbusters
4. Mighty No. 9
3. Street Fighter V
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
1. Starfox Zero Mission

WORST GAMES OF 2016

Gertz's Worst of '16
4. Dark Souls 3 - "If I wanted to be frustrated and angry, I'd try dating and doing my taxes!"
2. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

Goodwin's Worst
5. Ghostbusters
4. Mighty No. 9
3. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

Gertz hate for Dark Souls sustains me lol

WORST GAMES OF 2016

Gertz's Worst of '16
2. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

Goodwin's Worst
5. Ghostbusters
4. Mighty No. 9
3. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

They're video game coverage is easily the worst aspect of the site.

LionPride

Banned
I actually like hearing your average person talk about video games and be hyperbolic and wrong, I got enough to listen to when I wanna hear people who know their stuff talk video games

I actually like hearing your average person talk about video games and be hyperbolic and wrong, I got enough to listen to when I wanna hear people who know their stuff talk video games

Their SFV discussion/rant perfectly represents what the mainstream gaming audience thinks of the game. But other than that I get frustrated when information is presented extremely wrong.

Nokterian

WORST GAMES OF 2016

Gertz's Worst of '16
2. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

Goodwin's Worst
5. Ghostbusters
4. Mighty No. 9
3. Street Fighter V
1. Starfox Zero Mission

He doesn't know how to play dark souls and it shows.

LionPride

Banned
He doesn't know how to play dark souls and it shows.
You know who else doesn't know how to play Dark Souls? The average person
Their SFV discussion/rant perfectly represents what the mainstream gaming audience thinks of the game. But other than that I get frustrated when information is presented extremely wrong.
Like I said, it doesn't bother me when I have other ways of getting accurate info

It's the same thing with Sports Podcasts, I have so many that give me a bunch of different things from accurate info to funny guys being wrong half the time but they're really funny

Like I said, it doesn't bother me when I have other ways of getting accurate info

It's the same thing with Sports Podcasts, I have so many that give me a bunch of different things from accurate info to funny guys being wrong half the time but they're really funny

I guess if your able to get accurate info then you can simply dismiss them as comedy. IDK, I like to hold some people to some standards. Also you'd be surprised that the average person can learn to play Dark Souls. PewDiePie and numerous Twitch streamers who only play CS:GO and survival games were able to get the hang of it, unless this was his very first Souls game, which it sounded like it wasn't.

Village

Darksouls did so well it started a genre... so.. that isn't true. Infact so many average people know how to play it, it started a genre. That people started turning main stream franchises into. It started a genre that has F2P games in it now. He can not like it, I understand, but the idea that he's reflective of the masses. The whole reason Dark souls 3 exists is because not that.

As for brushing it off as inaccurate info. they are a game podcast talking about games, while they have no obligation to be accurate , they are then spreading inaccuracies willingly. And that's just kind of shitty

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
It's more that it ended badly with them than anything. Besides, without Jason and even Grant, Rage Select just doesn't do anything for me.

I think I've have watched almost every single rageselect video starring Jason and Jeff (plus most of the loading bar videos). The banter between Jeff and Jason is hilarious and all the characters they created were a laugh riot (Loco Steve, Dongucles, Loretta, etc.).

When Jason left, I left.

Lijik

On yesterday's show Korey said the new cast of the Monday show is Girts, Goodwin, Danielle, and Martin(?)
halfway through the show that got walked back to maybe once or twice a month that crew takes over

(granted i havent finished listening so maybe they changed their minds again?)

Eh I prefer Conan's Clueless Gamer when it comes to stuff like that.

I never really cared for The Loading Bar back in the spill days either. I really like when the main Spill crew talks about videogames, like Korey and Cohost's Last of Us spoilercast which I can't find anywhere anymore. I like it when Korey and Martin talk about games too. Because even though Martin is even more clueless and uninformed, it's entertaining to hear his take.

mreddie

GIRTS: Have you played Inside?
MARTIN: I always play inside.

hqdefault.jpg

mreddie

Just curious, I haven't watched anything but some recent reviews and Spill way back in the day

It involves her, another ID in her purse, LL Cool J and a monkey.

The Casual Call In show, the recent one.

I'M A PIMP BABY.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
On yesterday's show Korey said the new cast of the Monday show is Girts, Goodwin, Danielle, and Martin(?)

That might be nice. They all seemed to work well off each other on Monday. Plus it gives Korey a night off. He can be a little overbearing sometimes, so it's nice to hear all of them riff on topics without "Dad" there lol.

Girts has loosened up a lot. He's a good addition. Danielle is a nice counterbalance to all the guy opinions. She also tries to be positive, which is nice too. Goodwin and Martin know what they're doing at this point

Danielle's Florida mansion story was pretty funny. I was wondering why I never ran into her back when I was fucking around in Austin but I guess she isn't from there.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
"What do you do?!"
"I'm a pimp, baby!"

"Where's the monkey? I wanna meet the monkey!"
"Oh you met the monkey alright."

ROFL

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Will is getting his own show.

oh goodness gracious. Did they say what it will be about?

I actually liked him on the Die Hard episode of Sammy Ain't Seen Shit, so I'll give it a chance. But if he starts talking about comic book movies on his show, I'm out lol

mreddie

oh goodness gracious. Did they say what it will be about?

I actually liked him on the Die Hard episode of Sammy Ain't Seen Shit, so I'll give it a chance. But if he starts talking about comic book movies on his show, I'm out lol

I guess it's a show where he talks about his unpopular opinion on things.

Live By Night Review

Korey/Martin:
Rental

Patriots Day
Sam/Ray:
I don't even know, the review went out of control when Sammy addressed the characters getting less focus than Wahlberg

Bye Bye Man
Goodwin/Gertz: BULLSHIT

Grizzlyjin

These horror movies are always on some bullshit. Like, they'll have a good concept and the script will be decent for the first act and then it just loses its fucking mind. Blockbusters shit the bed in the third act, but horror movies do it in the second.

And Will with an Unpopular Opinion Show...Good for him...but my blood pressure can only handle so much lol

caliph95

These horror movies are always on some bullshit. Like, they'll have a good concept and the script will be decent for the first act and then it just loses its fucking mind. Blockbusters shit the bed in the third act, but horror movies do it in the second.

And Will with an Unpopular Opinion Show...Good for him...but my blood pressure can only handle so much lol
At least blockbusters are more entertaining but horror movies always seems to lose it as soon as they try to explain stuff and start showing the monster.

Actually yeah get will away from the main show i rather listen and disagree with the other guys because they are more entertaining and i understand their points somewhat even on their weird times. Will seems to be just a contrarian and his points makes less sense and is just annoying. I don't even love or like Rouge one that much but Will was just annoying in the review.

Top Bottom