• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Shit! Am I going to have to go put the smack down on those Kvatch bitches again! :lol

But seriously, cool mod.

And the Hero of Kvatch was one of my favorite missions of the main quest.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
One of the funniest moments I had in the game had to do with the Kvatch mission.

So, I liberate Kvatch, and my renown goes up. I'm walking through the Imperial City, and walk past a guard. He says as I pass by, in awe, "The hero of Kvatch!". I pass by him and walk into my house, which is the crappiest shack in the entire city.

Kabouter

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Shit! Am I going to have to go put the smack down on those Kvatch bitches again! :lol
Yeah, and apparently from the screenshots, they've turned ghosts :lol
Kvatch%20Aftermath%20With%20Scribesupplies%20OMOD-10.jpg

ghostbusters.gif

Here is one thing, I wanted to play with but didn't have patient.

In
Path of Dawn
quest, kill
Mankar
, and go straight to final quest in main questline. Idea is, not to level up, so he doesn't become stronger. Plus, increase magic skill so you can cast more powerful attack spell, and also one of the weapon skill. Ideal spell would be that does damage for few seconds. I was able to bring his health up to one last hit. But then he was able to escape all the time. I didn't have patient, but when I start new game, I will try this.

BTW, it's time to change thread title to include Shivering Isles. *paging Amir0x*

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I officially fear this game. It dominated my entire day yesterday. =x I think I'll get into the Fighters and Mage guilds next, then run through the quest lines Fighters > Mage > Thieve's > DB. Seems to be the vote for the order of quality in the quests/storyline.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
When the hell does Live go down? Midnight? Hopefully this won't be some slow ass download. We've got a deadline to beat!

I hope that paid-for DLC gets higher bandwidth servers. It would suck to be at 99% at midnight, though.

FrankT

FlyinJ said:
I hope that paid-for DLC gets higher bandwidth servers. It would suck to be at 99% at midnight, though.

Well I'm at 15% now, coming in nicley atm. I doubt it remains that way through the night.

Kabouter

Guess that's it for me reading everything in this thread, now I'll have to duck spoilers :(. Then again, meh, I'm crazy enough to buy the expansion and just risk it not working with my current install :p

Kabouter said:
Guess that's it for me reading everything in this thread, now I'll have to duck spoilers :(. Then again, meh, I'm crazy enough to buy the expansion and just risk it not working with my current install :p
You can always take a chance. Backup your current installation directory so if expansion doesn't work , copy back your working version.

Kabouter

MirageDwarf said:
You can always take a chance. Backup your current installation directory so if expansion doesn't work , copy back your working version.

Already have :p
And I also already have two installs of Oblivion :lol (one for XP, one for Vista :p)
And I have all my mods backed up.
So all in all, more than 50GB worth of Oblivion on my harddrives. :p

Kabouter said:
Already have :p
And I also already have two installs of Oblivion :lol (one for XP, one for Vista :p)
And I have all my mods backed up.
So all in all, more than 50GB worth of Oblivion on my harddrives. :p
That's big. How is performance on Vista? I've Vista but have not installed it.

I called it this morning that they might put it up early. But I didn't actually believe it. :D Impressions ASAP. I really didn't need any distractions this week but I may have to cave none the less.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Kung Fu Jedi said:
I called it this morning that they might put it up early. But I didn't actually believe it. :D Impressions ASAP. I really didn't need any distractions this week but I may have to cave none the less.

Actually, BuddyC wins the prediction. He's had the 26th as the release date in the stickied thread for over a week.

Good job, BuddyC

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Oh man, I was up to 16% and then got an error message saying it couldn't download! ARGH!

I restarted it, and it's definitely doing something, but so far won't move past 16%.

Just fyi, you can either download it from within Oblivion, or by going into the "Played Games" or full games list and finding Oblivion. It's not listed (at least not 10 minutes ago) in the "New Releases" under Oblivion.

FlyinJ said:
Actually, BuddyC wins the prediction. He's had the 26th as the release date in the stickied thread for over a week.

Good job, BuddyC

Well, since I haven't stepped foot in that thread, I'll stick with my prediction this morning that they might release it ahead of the down time. But again, I really didn't believe myself either. :lol

So...uh...Good job, BuddyC!

GhaleonEB said:
What? Where? I don't see it in Marketplace.

Big Nate said:
Just fyi, you can either download it from within Oblivion, or by going into the "Played Games" or full games list and finding Oblivion. It's not listed (at least not 10 minutes ago) in the "New Releases" under Oblivion.

GhaleonEB

MirageDwarf said:
Missed this post entirely. I found it by viewing all downloads on Marketplace and scrolling to Oblivion. It's not listed under New Downloads.

Wooooo 2% wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oone!!

FrankT

This shit looks amazing. That skyline is so beautiful, soaking it all in. Oh yea, I was right, the main guy's voice from SI definitely sounds like Gimly from the Lord of the Rings.

Before I download this sucker, I just want to hear some people who have played through most of Shivering Isles on the PC answer:

Is it worth $30?

EDIT: typo

FrankT

a Master Ninja said:
Before I download this sucker, I just want to here some people who have played through most of Shivering Isles on the PC answer:

Is it worth $30?

?

You know the PC release isn't till tomorrow I believe?

Mrbob

a Master Ninja said:
Before I download this sucker, I just want to hear some people who have played through most of Shivering Isles on the PC answer:

Is it worth $30?

EDIT: typo

I will get into my time machine and head to the future for you! Be back in 45 min! :D

Top Bottom