• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Interfectum

I had written off this game due to the backlash and constant laughter at the game's expense but reading impressions on here, reddit and elsewhere it actually sounds fun as hell. I may pick this up on PS4.

Ianan

"You are not entitled to play on this realm" had me laughing. Can anyone explain veteran ranks to me? I'm not exactly sure what they are.

Rafterman

Banned
Is that the one in the graveyard with the zombies where you have to charge up the staff? I wondered why the things weren't dropping. Eventually I managed to find a couple of spawns where they were.

Pretty smooth even for early access mind you. Slightly impressed. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up come launch day.

Yep, that's the one. Other than that the launch has been very smooth and that was my first encounter with a quest bug. With maintenance just happening maybe they will fix it.

Played the PvP campaign for a few hours yesterday... Its fantastic.

I keep hearing how great the PvP is which is pretty cool considering I never even considered PvP in this game. So far the PvE is what has me hooked, but it's nice to know that I'll have something equally enjoyable to do for a change of pace.

demonkaze

Any idea how long the maintenance is for? Eager to get back in. I really can't get enough of this at the moment, tried the pvp for the first time and loved it!

On another note, the eu GAF guild is sitting at a fantastic 4 people at the moment, would be great to get some more of you in there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Any idea how long the maintenance is for? Eager to get back in. I really can't get enough of this at the moment, tried the pvp for the first time and loved it!

On another note, the eu GAF guild is sitting at a fantastic 4 people at the moment, would be great to get some more of you in there.

If PC/PS4 servers are shared (Doubtful) I will join in June

CoLaN

I keep hearing how great the PvP is which is pretty cool considering I never even considered PvP in this game. So far the PvE is what has me hooked, but it's nice to know that I'll have something equally enjoyable to do for a change of pace.

I was really, really impressed by the PvP. Cyrodiil is enormous, and the way the campaign works, with leaderboards, the emperor, keeps, farms, scrolls and more, is deep and interesting.

The first time i took part in a keep siege i was thinking "this is what i wanted in GW2, WAR, and all the other PvP MMOs".

Siege weapons shooting at the walls (that can be destroyed), battering rams moved by multiple players (awesome animation, by the way), the possibility to put camps for allies to spawn, the way the resource places and keeps are connected... Its just a blast.

The PvP is bananas you guys. Even running poorly in the beta due to a performance bug (iirc it was fixed by the last beta) it was Roc beyond what I expected. It was chaos, hundreds of people running around with siege machines laying large scale waste to castles. Felt like I was in LotR.

I'm confused, what does your account name have to do with it?
Eh, it's hard to explain. Anyways, I'll see about joining up later tonight. Being in a guild would help greatly.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

lol the NA Guild has 4 also.

Each region has only one server each (US and EU) and I'm guessing it'll sell pretty well on PS4 so that shouldn't be a problem. Still dumb to split the userbase though...
Yeah, it's sad considering that FFXI had cross region, cross platform single account play a decade ago. I'm guessing it's to reduce latency for Cyrodiil consisting the amount of people that area can support, and to prevent issues with PvP combat. Still, having to have multiple accounts for PS4, XBO and PC is kinda inexcusable to me.

Somnia

So my guild is on the Dawnbreaker campaign which unfortunatly is completely outnumbered by AD right now as we are Daggerfall.

We decided to take the fight to them last night, rolled in with 30+ guild members and took back our first keep in no time and then the defense had to begin. AD got angry really quickly with us and started swarming us with over 100+ members. A small group of us stealthed off to Glademist keep and started attacking it to split their forces into 2, we started pushing back really good at that point and our group held off 9 vs 30, but the numbers did us in.

That's when AD came full force back on us and retook the keep, it felt like the movie 300. It was literally us 36 or so guildies vs. 150+ AD at that point. We held as long as we could, but just couldn't keep up with it. Was an amazing experience to start Live PVP. We had some great battles in the closed PTS beta server, but nothing like this.

As a side note I am still undefeated in 1 v 1 and 1 v 2 so far, but I can't win when its 1 v 7 lol

Volimar

So my guild is on the Dawnbreaker campaign which unfortunatly is completely outnumbered by AD right now as we are Daggerfall.

We decided to take the fight to them last night, rolled in with 30+ guild members and took back our first keep in no time and then the defense had to begin. AD got angry really quickly with us and started swarming us with over 100+ members. A small group of us stealthed off to Glademist keep and started attacking it to split their forces into 2, we started pushing back really good at that point and our group held off 9 vs 30, but the numbers did us in.

That's when AD came full force back on us and retook the keep, it felt like the movie 300. It was literally us 36 or so guildies vs. 150+ AD at that point. We held as long as we could, but just couldn't keep up with it. Was an amazing experience to start Live PVP. We had some great battles in the closed PTS beta server, but nothing like this.

As a side note I am still undefeated in 1 v 1 and 1 v 2 so far, but I can't win when its 1 v 7 lol

FOR THE QUEEN!!!

Reading your impressions and I seriously cannot wait until June so I can get my PS4 with this game. If I hadn't a crappy laptop I would've bought it by now.

docbon

Stupid hyperbole almost made me miss out on this game. Gonna try the PvP tonight but so far it's been great!

The church of ESO welcomes all members of DotaGAF

rejoice.png

Get on mumble and get an invite into Acolytes if you haven't =)

Just hopped on mumble.

I know this game is supposed to suck (it doesn't), but I really want class to end so I can get home and hit this hard. Hey Professor, I know Finance is important and all, but can you shutup so I can leave? THANKS

Matchew

Got this last night. Tried to whisper to @Emenis for a invite to the NA guild. Is there a way to search for a guild and apply?

I started as a sorcerer but I'm not really feeling it. Anybody got any solid builds for a dual-wield type character? Also I really hope they patch in controller support because the controls feel really weird to me.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Also I really hope they patch in controller support because the controls feel really weird to me.

According to their FAQ, they have no plans to do this.

Why in the hell not? It is seriously ruining the game for me that I have to hunch over my crappy computer desk using my crappy monitor to play this.

ESPECIALLY due to the fact that the entire interface was designed to be used with a controller!

ARGH so frustrating.

I used that third party Pinnacle app to "emulate" a controller, but the look around emulation is godawful. Pushing the stick in any diagonal direction causes the viewpoint to move extremely slowly. Using an emulator is just not an option.

I just don't understand... I mean, they have this game working on the XBone, right? Just put that controller code in the PC!

Matchew

FlyinJ - I agree. I hate pushing the number buttons while trying to move and I hate the sprint button is shift, it's all over the place. I really don't understand why they won't patch in controller support, its built and ready to go. Maybe I need to invest in one of those MMO mouse with the number buttons on it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
That reminds me to check out that pinnacle controller profile thang for the time being.

Mouse emulation on an analog stick for moving the camera with Pinnacle is a goddamn travesty.

There is no analog at all. You press hard or light on the stick, and the camera moves at the same rate. The only way to get "faster" movement is to keep the stick held in a direction, and the viewpoint starts accelerating in that direction.

It makes the game extremely hard to play.

Somnia

FlyinJ - I agree. I hate pushing the number buttons while trying to move and I hate the sprint button is shift, it's all over the place. I really don't understand why they won't patch in controller support, its built and ready to go. Maybe I need to invest in one of those MMO mouse with the number buttons on it.

Naga Mouse + changing keybinds = your problem solved =P

I do think they'll add keyboard support post console launch though, who knows. I am keyboard/mouse guy though.

docbon

Mouse emulation on an analog stick for moving the camera with Pinnacle is a goddamn travesty.

There is no analog at all. You press hard or light on the stick, and the camera moves at the same rate. The only way to get "faster" movement is to keep the stick held in a direction, and the viewpoint starts accelerating in that direction.

It makes the game extremely hard to play.

Yuck, nevermind then.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Ok so impressions went from, "Oh this game is gonna bomb" to "Oh I actually like the game"?

but it will still be free to play in a few months right?

lem0n

Never played an MMO before. I love TES. I don't know if I should be getting this. I played the beta a while ago, it was ok... any opinions from other gaffers in my situation?

Somnia

Ok so impressions went from, "Oh this game is gonna bomb" to "Oh I actually like the game"?

but it will still be free to play in a few months right?

I don't think it'll be F2P for at least a year at the minimum, it really depends on how well they retain players with new content. If they can get regular content updates out it will stay subscriber for longer.

The PVP will also help retain players longer as it's easily the best game on the market for this type of PVP.

Somnia

Have they introduced the FOV slider yet? Playing in the 1st person with that 55 or 60 FOV was nauseating.

Not yet, that will probably be in the first content update sometime this month along with Craglorn Adventure zone and the Trials.

Valravn

I just cant get into this game. The combat and clunky animations prevent me from actually enjoying this game.
Well have fun you guys!

DrBo42

Any word on bows being viable? Want to do a typical wood elf bow/stealth character but I don't want to put time into something that will suck.

Any word on bows being viable? Want to do a typical wood elf bow/stealth character but I don't want to put time into something that will suck.

You won't be able to equip a sidearm until level 15, which is kind of a pain. Stealth is also pretty useless in PVE groups, although the damage output is absurd.

Apparently stealth is much more important in PVP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching the quicklook is making me interested. is there healing or even the trinity in the game?

Dunlop

Those videos are peaking my interest.

That and thanks to a crucial system deployment at work, my entire family is going to Disneyland while I stay home

So I am on the fence with either ESO or hookers and blow :p

Top Bottom