• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Hawk269

So my guild is on the Dawnbreaker campaign which unfortunatly is completely outnumbered by AD right now as we are Daggerfall.

We decided to take the fight to them last night, rolled in with 30+ guild members and took back our first keep in no time and then the defense had to begin. AD got angry really quickly with us and started swarming us with over 100+ members. A small group of us stealthed off to Glademist keep and started attacking it to split their forces into 2, we started pushing back really good at that point and our group held off 9 vs 30, but the numbers did us in.

That's when AD came full force back on us and retook the keep, it felt like the movie 300. It was literally us 36 or so guildies vs. 150+ AD at that point. We held as long as we could, but just couldn't keep up with it. Was an amazing experience to start Live PVP. We had some great battles in the closed PTS beta server, but nothing like this.

As a side note I am still undefeated in 1 v 1 and 1 v 2 so far, but I can't win when its 1 v 7 lol

Is it me or does reading this sound's just amazing??? I am not a big MMO veteran and this is going to sound like so noob, but how do you go into PVP? I have been playing really solo and doing quests and collecting stuff etc and having a great time, but this PVP sounds amazing.

Somnia

Is it me or does reading this sound's just amazing??? I am not a big MMO veteran and this is going to sound like so noob, but how do you go into PVP? I have been playing really solo and doing quests and collecting stuff etc and having a great time, but this PVP sounds amazing.

If you are level 10 hit "L" and then select the right option "Campaigns" you can make one campaign your home campaign (where you will be on leaderboards, etc.) and then you can guest on another (Will get alliance points, etc but nothing on leaderboards).

Huh, this may sound dumb, but I thought armor decayed only when you died. But mine has been getting damaged seemingly only by regular combat because I haven't died in a while, but my armor had been getting worse and worse. That sucks because repair is really expensive. It'd be about 10% of my entire gold to get everything fixed.

Somnia

Huh, this may sound dumb, but I thought armor decayed only when you died. But mine has been getting damaged seemingly only by regular combat because I haven't died in a while, but my armor had been getting worse and worse. That sucks because repair is really expensive. It'd be about 10% of my entire gold to get everything fixed.

Correct it takes damage over time but a bigger hit when you die. Very big money sink you are correct. Gold is not the easiest thing to come by in this game, but it's not hard either. I'm level 19 and have 10k gold, granted I am a level 50 provisioner and sell a lot of my extra food I make that I don't put in my guild bank for guildies.

Should this game be on my radar for the PS4? I've been swamped with my university work and preparing to move to a new apartment. Will the console version be decent?

Dunlop

lol my download is at 9% after about 2 hours, my hopes of at least starting the installation when I leave for work have been crushed

Argh;osifhsefo I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out my build as I play. It's really overwhelming me. Trying to plan a build around abilities I haven't used is maddening because it changes how I allocate attribute points and the type of armor I use pretty dramatically; class skills for light armor/Magicka, weapon skills for medium armor/Stamina. Being a Nightblade, medium armor seems best suited for stealth, but who knows if that's even very useful at high end play?

I dunno, it's driving me crazy. I may just switch to my alt Dragonknight and roll that again from the beta, since it was more straight-forward to plan, and knowing how I played it I can better spec things out.

Correct it takes damage over time but a bigger hit when you die. Very big money sink you are correct. Gold is not the easiest thing to come by in this game, but it's not hard either. I'm level 19 and have 10k gold, granted I am a level 50 provisioner and sell a lot of my extra food I make that I don't put in my guild bank for guildies.
Well shit. I guess the nice thing is that, usually, it ends up being easier and cheaper to craft new armor than repair. Well, except for medium armor. It's quickly proving frustrating having ingots and jute coming out my ass, but barely enough rawhide to craft a couple pieces of gear.

Hawk269

Should this game be on my radar for the PS4? I've been swamped with my university work and preparing to move to a new apartment. Will the console version be decent?

Who knows. I run the game at maximum settings with every slider to the max on a righ with a 3930x CPU OC to 4.8 and 2 GTX Titans and at times I dip to around 30fps at 1080p. It could be issues with drivers or perhaps the engine is not that optimized, but my rig should run this without dipping below 60fps, but yet it does. With that said, depending on what settings they choose for the console versions, I am sure it will be decent. Perhaps the view distance and a few other things will be turned down to run decently.

I am personally getting the Xbox One version of this as well since I already have 10-12 friends on my list that are all getting it, so basically an instant guild. The odd thing is that we have not seen any footage of the console versions of the game, which at times can mean negative things, but who knows for sure. Perhaps after the PC version officially releases later this week they will begin talking more about the console versions.

I also agree that they need to patch in controller support officially into the PC version. I am using Pinnacle and it works good, but nothing replaces a real native supported controller game with the proper icons etc.

MrGerbils

Man yeah I really wish this game had native controller support. I'd like to play it on my shield or on my living room tv.

I'm really really really enjoying this game. Hit me up if you want to play together, name is Pootsack.

OP, could we start a user list? Maybe not a guild, but a like-minded friend list? Just a thought, but it could be useful to add friendly GAFers.

I'm @PumpkinKing14, feel free to add me :)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'm making more people able to invite in the Guild so if you want to join just post here and someone may be able to get you if I'm not on.

This game improved so much since the beta builds! It's actually good now. Hit detection and combat are still a bit jankey, but can't beat that Elder Scrolls world building and scope. What am I saying? Gosh darnit...I like it.

lem0n

Edit: nvm

Will this game have Steam support, if I get it from GMG? Or is it a total separate client that launches it, like the beta

Cyriades

Man yeah I really wish this game had native controller support. I'd like to play it on my shield or on my living room tv.

409135672.jpg

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/for...profile-with-Shifted-layout&p=76576#post76576

Arksy

So is this game really as bad as it was in early beta?

Are people enjoying it at least?

Are the zones busy?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So is this game really as bad as it was in early beta?

Are people enjoying it at least?

Are the zones busy?

Seem pretty busy to me. Only time I don't see people is when I'm off the main routes exploring everything.

I think I might buy this.... but I'm already subbed to FFXIV and I play GW2 as well. I'm having fun playing the game this time though.

My id is @Spiritreaver05 if anyone would like to add me to the guild or contacts.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I am having a really good time with this game. I had no real interest in it after hearing all the negativity from the beta but for some reason bought it on a whim Sunday night. After a few hours of playtime I realized I was actually having a really good time. It is actually kind of frustrating me seeing all the negativity surrounding the game right now and I haven't seen much coverage at all from any of the major sites. I'm really hoping people give this game a fair shake and don't dismiss it based on the negative beta impressions like I almost did.

You guys are getting me hyped about this game. Im waiting on the PS4 version though. I want that controller support as I dont do mouse and keyboard play.

Matchew

Down for maintenance right now :(

This game is a ton of fun, questing is so good in this game and the world so far is awesome just to explore in. The NA Guild has 11 players in it right now, and we need I believe 50 to open up a guild shop. Come on people!

@hiphoptherobot I agree, I really hope people give this game a chance.

imtehman

Banned

This game is a ton of fun, questing is so good in this game and the world so far is awesome just to explore in. The NA Guild has 11 players in it right now, and we need I believe 50 to open up a guild shop. Come on people!

who's the GM toss me an invite

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

@hiphoptherobot I agree, I really hope people give this game a chance.

Toss @Qistoptier an invite once servers are back up :)

Matchew

who's the GM toss me an invite

Not sure if I'll be on again tonight but I will again for sure tomorrow night. If you're not in by then whisper to me @bevo8504

I'll shoot you one too QisTopTier.

You guys can also hit up the GM @emenis

Top Bottom