• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

WarMacheen

Still can't fucking download,

New installation, getting this error with 0% downloaded. Does this coincide with the server being down or is this a separate issue. I've restarted several times and deleted the launcher and re-installed it 3 times now.

Error 102 DownloadError_InvalidMetaFile

Somnia

Still can't fucking download,

New installation, getting this error with 0% downloaded. Does this coincide with the server being down or is this a separate issue. I've restarted several times and deleted the launcher and re-installed it 3 times now.

Error 102 DownloadError_InvalidMetaFile

This error happened before the PTS ended, you may need to reach out to customer service. This was apparently fixed and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else on launch except you so far, no idea =/

note: I think uninstalling still leaves some files on your HDD in the documents folder, maybe that's causing it? No idea to be honest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who do we ask for a euro gaf guild invite?

Brick

If I buy this game now, do I still get into the early access? Or do I have to wait until Friday before I can play?

Somnia

If I buy this game now, do I still get into the early access? Or do I have to wait until Friday before I can play?

You'd be able to play right now... well when the servers come back up unless your EU then you can play now.

Brick

You still get early access.

So, even though Amazon says it won't be released until Friday for the digital edition, they'll just email the code to me? Seems weird then that they would even list Friday as the release day, if that's the case.

Dunlop

Couldn't make my characters this morning because of maintenance before I left of work

trying to read what I should be doing to make a healer and realized I have no clue about anything in this game lol.

Every class can heal, Templar seemed the obvious choice but read that it was nerfed hard making magic regen brutal

docbon

So, even though Amazon says it won't be released until Friday for the digital edition, they'll just email the code to me? Seems weird then that they would even list Friday as the release day, if that's the case.

I'm fairly certain they send you an early access code upon preorder.

Greenmangaming has the game for 20% off with the coupon code 8KM88H-PPN6L5-SJ9GRU, btw.

WarMacheen

Since the metafile issues is kicking my ass, I'll ask some questions.

I usually play bow/sword theif/stealth with a bit of magic in elder scrolls games. Is there something similar here?

Einbroch

Banned
AD seems to be really populated for PVP, and that's a little discouraging for me. I like the underdog role. I might switch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
skill system is weird with just 5 slots to use. im a templar atm and as far as I can tell, I can either have all 5 healing skills, or 5 dps skills (or a mix I guess) which leaves me no room for weapon skills... and then I saw healing staff skills are heals (obviously) which kinda makes the templar seem useless, I dunno. its a weird system

WarMacheen

This is for another computer right? You've downloaded it before and have the files on a separate computer?

Yes, and I know what you are about to say, copy files over from other pc. I will try that tomorrow if I can't get it downloaded today on my laptop.

Also, is there a preferable faction to start with?

Dunlop

skill system is weird with just 5 slots to use. im a templar atm and as far as I can tell, I can either have all 5 healing skills, or 5 dps skills (or a mix I guess) which leaves me no room for weapon skills... and then I saw healing staff skills are heals (obviously) which kinda makes the templar seem useless, I dunno. its a weird system

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out lol

Starting to think I should make a sorc

docbon

Just keep in mind you can swap weapons at level 15 which will give you access to another bar, including ultimates. There's no cooldown on weapon swaps either.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yes, and I know what you are about to say, copy files over from other pc. I will try that tomorrow if I can't get it downloaded today on my laptop.

lol

Yeah, just send the files over the network. Probably faster than downloading anyways unless you have Google as your ISP.

Einbroch

Banned

Wait until 15, you can swap weapons and get a whole new bar and you can do it as often and as fast as you want.

Rhaknar

Wait until 15, you can swap weapons and get a whole new bar and you can do it as often and as fast as you want.

I know, but I would still only have the 5 healing spells, or the 5 dps spells (templar spells that is) so I still cant use weapon skills

its a weird system, I just need to adapt to what it is I guess. Ill probably end up making one of each class to see how they feel, the templar is only lvl 4.

its clear to me now this is NOT a normal mmo, so my idea of a healer wont really work here

edit: oh awesome, you can skip the tutorial with new characters and it gives you the 3 skills points and 1 skyshard you would have gotten, nice

WarMacheen

I think my edit got missed,

anyway, is there a faction that is favored to start with?

As I understand it you can't venture into other faction territory?

Do the different stats on the races really matter at end game?

Anyone with sli/crossfire, does the game run well with that?

Never had much interest in Elder Scrolls games, ever since trying to get into Daggerfall. Bought this game last night because of the positive impressions by oldskool DAoC players.

I've only put it about 1 1/2 hours into the game, but my initial impressions are very positive. For reference, I was lukewarm on the beta until level 10 where I stopped.

Rhaknar

having more fun with a sorceror than I had with templar

syoaran

The de-sync issue thats causing a ton of individual mini-rollbacks in the later zones is becoming chronic. it's hard to play longer than 10mins without 10mins of your time being rolled back, very infuriating...

Xander51

Pulling down that patch and about to jump in for the first time since a couple of betas back. Weirdly excited about it even though the beta didn't do much for me.

imtehman

Banned
i freaking had a 1000g repair bill because i kept falling throught the game world and using /stuck. shit is ridiculous.

Xander51

Yay! Good to see it's finally back up! It was weird that the patch had rolled out and yet the server wasn't online.

Somnia

Yay! Good to see it's finally back up! It was weird that the patch had rolled out and yet the server wasn't online.

Most MMO's do this, they have to spin the servers up and verify the patch is working fine on the turned on servers, etc. before turning it on for all of us.

Kaladin

It sucks that I haven't been able to really play the game yet.

I got into it, got my character name and haven't really logged back in since. I think I wll get to play some tonight finally.

Real life ain't got no time for MMORPGs.

docbon

Aww, they fixed the universal yelling? That was my favorite bug.

the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child

edit: getting some weird stuttering whenever I hover over a target now. holy shit it's annoying.

double edit: looks like it was one of my addons. alas.

javac

aTvm5Gb.jpg

A dumb pic that I found funny :p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't understand why so many people are saying "I hate the beta, but bought this....Hope I like it!"

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Guild system is disabled at the moment so we can't invite.

the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child

edit: getting some weird stuttering whenever I hover over a target now. holy shit it's annoying.

double edit: looks like it was one of my addons. alas.

Yeah, looks to be the ESOHead add on causing stuttering.

Top Bottom