• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok this quest line was pretty cool. does this type of stuff happen alot? spoilers

basically I had to recruit 3 (or 4?) crew members, each with its own little questline, and if you got all of them, the last quest is a breeze because each does a specific thing in the last quest. Quite smart. so again, does this happen a lot in the game?

Calcium

Banned
So happy the servers are alive again. Got a treasure map a few minutes after logging in. I love these damn things. I do wish they were a little more common, though.

WarMacheen

Well, my launcher is still fucked, no answer on their forums, no answer from customer support, and now their forums are fucking down.

FUCK YOU METAFILE

How casual friendly is this game?

I want to relax and quest and beat stuff up

Is the neogaf guild active for me to ask dumb questions with?

Somnia

the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child the baelborn child

edit: getting some weird stuttering whenever I hover over a target now. holy shit it's annoying.

double edit: looks like it was one of my addons. alas.

Which add-on?

Einbroch

Banned
I'm disconnecting from the game every time after playing for like 5 minutes. Relog, and it's fine. Five minutes later, dc.

docbon

Which add-on?

ESOhead. Heard another guildie complain about it yesterday, so I disabled it to make sure. Sucks though, since the marker addon was useful for keeping track of nodes.

I'm disconnecting from the game every time after playing for like 5 minutes. Relog, and it's fine. Five minutes later, dc.

Feeling like the game is getting more unstable, bit by bit. ;~;

Glad I haven't encountered any issues myself, except for that one quest with the staff charges.

Somnia

ESOhead. Heard another guildie complain about it yesterday, so I disabled it to make sure. Sucks though, since the marker addon was useful for keeping track of nodes.

I just downloaded it and marker last night, guess I'll disable them before logging in tonight. Thanks for the headsup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dual weilding swords rocking high armor as a sorceror

either im playing completely wrong, or this game doesnt give a fuck what you do class wise. reminds me of the Souls series with that

Somnia

dual weilding swords rocking high armor as a sorceror

either im playing completely wrong, or this game doesnt give a fuck what you do class wise. reminds me of the Souls series with that

The game is built to play the way you want to play it, you are very much playing it the right way.

Rhaknar

does anyone remember what the stuff for the Legacy of Baelborne quest was? specifically:

dude asks you the spiri's name, thats Claudia, but I cant remember the rest.

Hawk269

ok this quest line was pretty cool. does this type of stuff happen alot? spoilers

basically I had to recruit 3 (or 4?) crew members, each with its own little questline, and if you got all of them, the last quest is a breeze because each does a specific thing in the last quest. Quite smart. so again, does this happen a lot in the game?

That was an amazing quest line and very good story for it as well. There are others like it as well, which is what is impressing me the most for this game. The quests are more like SP games, but yet it is a MMO.

For anyone that has contacted support through email through their support site, did you get a confirmation email for opening up an issue/ticket? I got a confirmation number on the page but that's it. Hoping the ticket went through and I didn't somehow mistype the email address.

Somnia

Did something happen to the guild? I don't think I'm in it anymore, lol.

Guild and Mail are shut off right now. Mail due to a duping exploit found, no idea on the guild side other than people think they found something wrong. They are down for just now not forever and will probably be back up by this weekend I'd assume if not faster.

Calcium

Banned
Treasure map? What does it do?

Somnia already answered this, but I'll go into a little more detail because it's one of the features I really enjoy.

When you find a treasure map you right click it in your inventory and select "Use". That'll bring up the map which is basically a small picture hinting at where the treasure is buried. So you have to try and match scenery in the world with what is shown. It's pretty fun and it usually takes you off the beaten path so you usually find a couple regular chests while you are looking. Good fun.

I also just found my first Master difficulty chest. Man, trying to get that thing opened before anyone else happened upon it was intense.

Somnia

FYI regarding guilds:

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin

Guild functionality is temporarily disabled because our guild system was one of the causes of last night's issues that led to the North American server maintenance. We are continuing to monitor the game and slowly introduce functionality back into the game over time to ensure the issue is fixed. All guild information is intact, it is just temporarily inaccessible. Our plan is for all guild functionality to be re-enabled later tonight, with no additional downtime. (You will simply need to log out and back in.)

skill system is weird with just 5 slots to use. im a templar atm and as far as I can tell, I can either have all 5 healing skills, or 5 dps skills (or a mix I guess) which leaves me no room for weapon skills... and then I saw healing staff skills are heals (obviously) which kinda makes the templar seem useless, I dunno. its a weird system
It's simple. Like Skyrim, you get experience when you actually use the skills. In this case, however many of those skills you slot, you will gain xp for that category faster. If you don't slot skills from healing, for example, healing will never skill up.

Apart from reading books anyway. So there are a lot of choices when building the character.

Pursuant to that, I'm giving a mix of armor a shot -- 5 medium for main buffs, 1 reach of light and heavy for experience and armor (in the case of heavy.) That way if I need to switch later, I can.

And the downtime sucks, but it's not unexpected. I was in FFXI at the time of WoW's launch, and I seem to remember hearing of unholy queues. With any luck, they can address the biggest pain points before Friday.

Somnia

Zenimax just tweeted out that Guild Functionality has been restored, you have to log out of the game fully and then log back in to reset it.

lol51

The LootDrop addon is amazing. Combine that with Settings->Gameplay "Autoloot ON" and this is a different game. Maybe I didn't notice but there was no way to see what Items you were picking up and this makes things alot better. Even gives me some loot lust.

EREbjIM.jpg
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info35-LootDrop.html

LtOrange

This thread really has me second guessing my decision to skip this. I am a huge sucker for mmos and all the positive impressions are really swaying me. I might impulse buy this when I get home.

demonkaze

So while the EU server is down, I thought i'd try and find out some of your opinions on tanking in this game. How is everyone finding it so far?

I'm playing a Templar tank (Paladin like if possible) but i'm only Lv 15 at the moment and have yet to do the first group dungeon. Lots of points in Heavy Armor seems to be working for me and obviously sword and board but I was wondering what people think is a good secondary for a Templar tank/tanks in general? At the moment I thought of doing resto staff just so I can be a bit of a better healer too.

Loving this game so far. Right now I'm playing a generic great-weapon dragon knight and it's pretty beastly. I just burn out on stam/magic so fast.

Some of the weapon/class combos are crazy tho. Had a nightblade healer join a low dungeon earlier. Looked crazy but fun. Can't wait to try some of the more of the bizarre combos.

Dunlop

Game is a laggy mess for me ; ( Didn't have this issue in the one beta session I was in

Is there any way to have NPC's names on top of them? I have to alk to a specific person in the marketplace in the starter zone and between the constant lag and not being able to find her I was on the verge of deleting this game lol

Somnia

Gaf, must have addons...go!

Foundry Tactical Combat, Wykyyds Framework, Lootdrop, Multi Quest Tracker

That's about all I use. I was using ESOHead + ESOHead Marker, but I hear it's causing lag so I'll be disabling it for now.

I really like inventory item borders, but it's busted right now.

Hawk269

If you find where it's buried you get a treasure chest you have to pick, then you get loot out of it.

If you have the imperial edition you get some unique ones on 4/4 unless ordered through zenimax you have them now. Also you can get them as rare drops off mobs.

Got it. I did the pre-order and received 4 sets and each has at least one treasure map for each main area of the game. Then I guess there are more that are given to you as well. Some of the treasure maps look like it would be hard to find the locations because the map is just like a hand drawn looking thing with a "X" on it.

Foundry Tactical Combat, Wykyyds Framework, Lootdrop, Multi Quest Tracker

That's about all I use. I was using ESOHead + ESOHead Marker, but I hear it's causing lag so I'll be disabling it for now.

I really like inventory item borders, but it's busted right now.

I see many people use and recommend FTC, but something about the way the UI is designed (purposefully minimalist) makes me feel like FTC cuts against the "feel" the devs were going for the game. On the other hand, its utility and familiarity with traditional (traditional being WoW) MMO style is hard to beat.

Somnia

I see many people use and recommend FTC, but something about the way the UI is designed (purposefully minimalist) makes me feel like FTC cuts against the "feel" the devs were going for the game. On the other hand, its utility and familiarity with traditional (traditional being WoW) MMO style is hard to beat.

Ya its really just a personal preference.

Top Bottom