• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

I'm kinda pissed I didn't buy the imperial edition. I should've read into it more. Didn't realize getting a mount would be so painful. I have a frys gc and I'm tempted to still go buy it.

You can upgrade the standard edition to the digital imperial edition for $20 in the ESO account page.

How do you get a mount?

Buy one at a stable. They are 17.5k gold, or 1g if you have the imperial edition (essentially a free mount). The imperial horse, however, is only okay for mid to late because there are far better mounts to purchase and grow than the imperial mount.

Karak

It's a very scalable game. As others said earlier, you can run it on ultra books. 540m will be good.

Sure but it is still really pushing it. At that point one of the things about the game is going to go out the window. How it looks. Of course it plays great too but it actually has enough going on graphically I guess I would just want someone to see alot of it.

Also just a heads up that sometimes questing feels a bit slow from 7-9. But it speeds up after that. It seems to be one of the main complaints is that little section.

Also loving the random parties I have been in, just doing a dungeon solo and then you see a group of people and suddenly you are all together. My lord it makes taking out the main bosses so much easier and you still get hot sloot.

Alur

I'm at a weird spot. I've done every quest on Auridon I can find that is sub level 10 and I have a couple level 11 or higher quests...but I'm still only level 9. Have I missed something somewhere, or is there another way to gain a little experience before trying to tackle those quests? I know it'll be a death fest if I don't.

imtehman

Banned
I'm at a weird spot. I've done every quest on Auridon I can find that is sub level 10 and I have a couple level 11 or higher quests...but I'm still only level 9. Have I missed something somewhere, or is there another way to gain a little experience before trying to tackle those quests? I know it'll be a death fest if I don't.

did u do khanarthi's roost?

How well would this run on a 2012 Retina MacBook pro with Intel 4000 Graphics? Minimum specs say it should run.

I have a MBA 2013 (HD5000), and I run native rest (1440) with a mix of low/med settings. The game does scale nicely, but don't expect a nice looking game. Obviously, i doubt the game will run at the native resolution on the retina, but because of the pixel doubling, its 1:1 is...1280x800? I don't recall.

Dimorphic

I have a MBA 2013 (HD5000), and I run native rest (1440) with a mix of low/med settings. The game does scale nicely, but don't expect a nice looking game. Obviously, i doubt the game will run at the native resolution on the retina, but because of the pixel doubling, its 1:1 is...1280x800? I don't recall.

I don't need it to run at native retina display as I have a 1080p monitor I'd use as the screen is bigger (21.5" as opposed to 13").

If it's playable I am tempted. I'd like the console version but June is a long wait.

Alur

did u do khanarthi's roost?

Yep. Not sure how I got so far behind. I managed to complete one of the level 11 quests and get to 10, now I have a level 10 quest, an 11, and a 12 or 13 (I forget). I'm thinking it's about time to find a guild...

SparkTR

So is that game worth getting then? I've been wanting a new MMO to play, I like TES and people are surprisingly upbeat about the game since launch. Is the PvP a good as what people were expecting?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yep. Not sure how I got so far behind. I managed to complete one of the level 11 quests and get to 10, now I have a level 10 quest, an 11, and a 12 or 13 (I forget). I'm thinking it's about time to find a guild...

Yeah I noticed on the character that I'm exclusively playing with 2 friends, I'm always overlevelled and on my solo character I'm always a tad underlevelled. You really do get so much more xp for group questing. Anyway, my biggest recommendation would be to make sure to explore anything and everything, leave no stone unturned.

Also hop in and PvP a little bit, make sure to do the kill 20 players daily (join a group, every single person the group kills counts towards your quest) and you'll get decent xp. Join the Wabbajack or Auriel's Bow campaign as your home, don't lock in to any of the rest--these are the only two closely balanced and populated campaigns that I know of.

I'll pass on that.
I already paid $80 for the game and $15 for the subscription.

$80??!? Shouldn't you get a free imperial horse? Check the stablemaster. Though to be completely honest, the horse speed is about equal to on foot run speed until you upgrade your horse a lot (which takes a long ass time).

Dunlop

9 to 10 took me hours, it was painful

I'm almost 11 now which was much quicker

Teletraan1

Banned

My advice is to just look at the map. It does a good job of showing buildings/landmarks etc. Most roads lead to somewhere. If there is an area of the map with no icons revealed there is a good chance there is something there. Just approach that area and any explorables/quests will show up on the compass. Due to the bugged quests I have had to skip, I have fallen behind the quest levels by 1-3 now and I have cleared everything else. I don't mind being a few levels behind as it offers a step up in challenge. I have only been playing solo other than the dungeon I was sent to (which was bugged after the first boss) because I would not subject anyone else to my meandering slow leveling.

Lucifon

Okay GAF, you got me. Downloaded over night and spent a few hours doing research this morning.

Would love an invite to the EU Guild, I'll be on most of the afternoon. Gone for a Nightblade but not sure on my build just yet. My id - @Lucifonz

Rizzi

Yeah I noticed on the character that I'm exclusively playing with 2 friends, I'm always overlevelled and on my solo character I'm always a tad underlevelled. You really do get so much more xp for group questing. Anyway, my biggest recommendation would be to make sure to explore anything and everything, leave no stone unturned.

Also hop in and PvP a little bit, make sure to do the kill 20 players daily (join a group, every single person the group kills counts towards your quest) and you'll get decent xp. Join the Wabbajack or Auriel's Bow campaign as your home, don't lock in to any of the rest--these are the only two closely balanced and populated campaigns that I know of.

$80??!? Shouldn't you get a free imperial horse? Check the stablemaster. Though to be completely honest, the horse speed is about equal to on foot run speed until you upgrade your horse a lot (which takes a long ass time).

Australian retail price.

I'm contemplating buying this next week, however....how are Australian / Oceanic players fairing, latency wise?

I'm only finding really awful replies like "I don't lag at all!!", which is kinda vague. If I buy ESO, it's going to be solely for the fun looking PVP. Considering it's an action-based MMO, I'm wondering how effective I can be in higher / more demanding levels of play...sitting on 200-300 ping.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so I said screw it to the borderless fullscreen crap and started playing it. Graphics aren't that impressive, needs better AA, but game is exactly what the title says: an Elder Scrolls game made online. Played for about seven hours, saved King Casimir (that boss was fucking tough), and I definitely love exploring every nook and cranny, finding random nirnroots, runes, Skyshards, opening every dresser and filling my inventory with food I will never use. Still trying to figure out if I like being a Dragonknight and the absence of AH is really bothersome. Level 6 anyways

Var

Sooo, it seems this game isn't half as bad as it was during the beta is it? Kinda making me curious to try it.

I am enjoying it quite a bit more than the beta. Makes me regret preordering Wildstar a bit. I am sure I will still be playing this when it launches,

HowZatOZ

Banned
957cf8a3d1.jpg

Spooky skeletons. He was level 26 or something I think, must have been a costume.

Raxious

I am enjoying it quite a bit more than the beta. Makes me regret preordering Wildstar a bit. I am sure I will still be playing this when it launches,

Just bought it, curious how many people are on the EU servers.

Also, anyone have a link to the client?

Ravijn

I was level 16 by the time I left Auridon and headed towards Grahtwood. Methinks you missed many, many quests.

There is a main questline that you do that leads you to Grahtwood. Plus you have the 3 guilds to do some quests and the 3 dungeons.

Keep looking.... you'll find 'em. :)

Lucifon

I'm having a problem where the game audio seems ridiculously quiet in comparison to anything else on my computer. All volume sliders are fully turned up... Any ideas? It's even quiet using headphones when compared to other games, so it's not a speaker thing.

Glad to see they added more impact to the combat, I played an early beta and it was just weightless.

Damn I'm really impressed by this. What a pleasant surprise! Played with my buddy for a good 6-7 hours last night. I did not expect it to be so much like elder scrolls games, honestly was expecting another mmo clone with the same old mission structure but this one definitely feels different from the same old shit, at least so far! Would also love an invite to the gaf guild. My ESo user name is Shuggah_Daddy and I'm in the US.

Ravijn

I'm having a problem where the game audio seems ridiculously quiet in comparison to anything else on my computer. All volume sliders are fully turned up... Any ideas? It's even quiet using headphones when compared to other games, so it's not a speaker thing.

Glad to see they added more impact to the combat, I played an early beta and it was just weightless.

Are you using Skype or some other voice chat software while playing? Audio ducking will lower the audio when people are talking.

Var

Damn I'm really impressed by this. What a pleasant surprise! Played with my buddy for a good 6-7 hours last night. I did not expect it to be so much like elder scrolls games, honestly was expecting another mmo clone with the same old mission structure but this one definitely feels different from the same old shit, at least so far! Would also love an invite to the gaf guild. My ESo user name is Shuggah_Daddy and I'm in the US.

Invite sent.

demonkaze

Okay GAF, you got me. Downloaded over night and spent a few hours doing research this morning.

Would love an invite to the EU Guild, I'll be on most of the afternoon. Gone for a Nightblade but not sure on my build just yet. My id - @Lucifonz

Tried to invite you but it's saying account not found.

Are you exploring at all? A lot of smaller sidequests are tucked away in cities, and larger quests you come across while exploring the zones. I'm willing to bet you're missing a whole mess of quests you only get through stumbling upon them in the zones. If you only take the main quests and whatever you find in cities, you're missing out on a lot.

hepburn3d

Is there an official NeoGaf guild thread or site? Just curious so I can follow any plans. Took a few recipes out the guild bank and feel guilty like I should put something of equal value back :)

hepburn3d

is the imperial edition worth it? I'm worried about getting a mount

You can buy a mount for £10 on the site.. Half the price of the upgrade to the imperial edition. Also you'll have a more unique looking horse. There's a lot of white horses running round right now. I'm taking the long route of saving up for one but it's good to see more variety online :D

What is the general quality of quests? Do guilds have main quest or simply a lot of sidequests?
They are very well done IMO and consistently good. Even side quests/hubs. There are a few typical MMO quests now and again, but the story and VA for these is great enough that it doesn't bother me, and they really don't happen often. I think I've seen maybe 3-4 kill/collect X quests.

There are several storylines. The main story, each guild has its own series, and there's also a narrative for your nation.

That being said the side quests are also very well fleshed out. Most sidequests I've found have a 2-3 quest chain with a well developed story that often ends in a moral decision on your part. I have actually come across sidequests where the outcome of the dialogue is changed because of a moral decision made on a completely unrelated quest.

Anyway in short, the quests are fucking awesome. I have never once felt bored doing any quest.

Top Bottom