• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

For the record I am @Spiritreaver05 in the guild, and Yorek Spiritreaver is my character. That's right, I'm a sexy Argonian.

Haha, I wish we had a database of guild members so we could know who is who.

fuzzyset

Are you exploring at all? A lot of smaller sidequests are tucked away in cities, and larger quests you come across while exploring the zones. I'm willing to bet you're missing a whole mess of quests you only get through stumbling upon them in the zones. If you only take the main quests and whatever you find in cities, you're missing out on a lot.

I second this. Exploring is half the battle. If something pops up on your map/compass, get it filled in. I think I've done pretty much everything on my way to level 10 and the questing lines up.

Rizzi

My dual wielding character was having a bunch of trouble killing stuff.
So now she has a giant sword strapped to her back. I'm still sneaky, right? :p

Lucifon

Okay GAF, you got me. Downloaded over night and spent a few hours doing research this morning.

Would love an invite to the EU Guild, I'll be on most of the afternoon. Gone for a Nightblade but not sure on my build just yet. My id - @Lucifonz

Apologies, my user ID is @lucifon. If any EU GAF guild guys can drop me an invite that'd be awesome :D

What the hell do I do as a melee in PVP? So many large group skirmishes and I can't rush in for obvious reasons.

At least I can tank NPCs I guess.

I know it was in Skyrim and everything but I wish you didn't have to use soul gems to keep your weapons enchanted. At a certain point in Skyrim I just didn't care and stopped doing it and I can see this going the same way especially since you can also use them to res.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Is there an official NeoGaf guild thread or site? Just curious so I can follow any plans. Took a few recipes out the guild bank and feel guilty like I should put something of equal value back :)

Nope, I just made the guild in game to get something started. If anyone is interested in taking over and setting up a website and other guild things I don't mind handing over guildmaster. I'd rather not manage that sort of stuff again. lol

hepburn3d

Nope, I just made the guild in game to get something started. If anyone is interested in taking over and setting up a website and other guild things I don't mind handing over guildmaster. I'd rather not manage that sort of stuff again. lol

I can help set stuff up. Just need a plan.

Fuz

Banned
The game is not bad at all, I'm quite impressed.
Questing is fun, classes are interesting and can vary a lot, combat is good...

But there are some QOL things that really tick me off, like the shoulder camera, the 1st person FoV, the fact that you can't open any menu or you will interrupt any action you're doing (fishing -but not only that- is a pain because of that), the immense cluttering of inventory which will fill up the bag/bank very, very quickly, the fact that the map always come zoomed in and you have to zoom out every damn time and can't save a personal zoom ratio, the terrible interface for guild stores...
Most of them are caused by designing the game around a controller instead of around a mouse/keyboard. Hope they fix them, and they'll have a solid MMO.

The game is not bad at all, I'm quite impressed.
Questing is fun, classes are interesting and can vary a lot, combat is good...

But there are some QOL things that really tick me off, like the shoulder camera, the 1st person FoV, the fact that you can't open any menu or you will interrupt any action you're doing (fishing -but not only that- is a pain because of that), the immense cluttering of inventory which will fill up the bag/bank very, very quickly, the fact that the map always come zoomed in and you have to zoom out every damn time and can't save a personal zoom ratio, the terrible interface for guild stores...
Most of them are caused by designing the game around a controller instead of around a mouse/keyboard. Hope they fix them, and they'll have a solid MMO.

The UI add-on community is great and I recommend looking into some UI mods! Not that they'll fix all your issues, but some of them definitely bring a more standard MMO approach to somethings.

Teletraan1

Banned
Some strange bugs in this game. I took intimidate and persuade just because I have found that on certain quests that give you these option when you don't use them the quest is bugged. I have 1 of each that would not complete until I took these passives.

I also had everything disappear other than the ground and skyshards. was actually advantageous because there was as skyshard surrounded by huge trees right by me when it happened and I never would have noticed otherwise.

Other than this stuff they can obviously fix this game is scratching that TES itch I have had recently. My niece just got into playing Skyrim and was talking to me about it. I already messed around in Skyrim enough and the combat in this feels better just due to actual balancing. I cant praise these quests enough either. Each area is its own little story. Rather than just being some area that is just a questhub where they quest dump on you like a lot of other MMOs do. Here its a multi part main quest, maybe a sub quest. I have never felt bored by an area yet since you are moving along so fast. There is also some decent humor and TES throwbacks.

What the hell do I do as a melee in PVP? So many large group skirmishes and I can't rush in for obvious reasons.

It was same problem in Warhammer with the giant battles and it happens in GW2. Melee users in giant pvp are at a disadvantage and you are forced to essentially wait to play defensively or wait till a zerg rush happens. Otherwise you get singled out and easily blasted away by ranged fire.

Melee users in these big scale pvp games always requires lot more coordination to use.

Hawk269

Is there an official NeoGaf guild thread or site? Just curious so I can follow any plans. Took a few recipes out the guild bank and feel guilty like I should put something of equal value back :)

Don't feel guilty, that is why it is there. With that said, just don't abuse the shit out of it. I am doing a lot of exploring, looking for materials etc. and only level 7, so I have been putting lower level recipes, armor and stuff for those that are just starting out. I know there is a log of who takes and puts into the guild bank. I am sure our fearless leader will monitor for abuse, but as long as we are all fair about stuff it should be a huge benefit for all of us.

docbon

You really can't melee in skirmishes without building your character to be tough, slotting survival skills, and coordinating with other frontliners via raid chat (or preferably mumble / teamspeak).

It's tough to do, but when you can do it, you'll be a force on the battlefield.

edit: how big is the EU guild now? haha.

See, I told you this game wasn't "the worst thing since SWTOR". I've been in Beta since March last year, and the NDA was maddening. Things have changed a lot (mostly for the better) since then, too.

Anyway, I'd like an invite to the NA guild, if possible; my ID is @HiddenWings.

I made a video comparing the different settings in case anyone needs help discerning differences between low and high, etc. I find the game scales pretty well, if you keep shadows turned on, textures high and a fair view distance the game still looks pretty solid even with the other settings on the lower end. In all honesty the game performs the way I'd expect it to, considering it's a pretty game, it's consistent outdoor and on populated areas the FPS take a toll. I'm just going for high settings and deal with the drops in the cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbWC2laQeew

I'm pretty happy to see a lot of good feedback now that the game is out, I always found the quests exactly the same as SP Elder Scrolls games, so I never quite understood people undermining them, and the game is very pretty, specially for a MMO, it's such a shame the Anti Aliasing sucks... Cyrodill in particular is very beautiful, and I like the hubs scale, definitely a step above WoW.

I don't feel like I'll be doing much end game but the game is being worth it if only for the leveling experience.

docbon

Is pvp gear based?

For players under level 50 in PVP, your stats are equalized, and gear literally has no impact, aside from set bonuses that proc an effect. If you're over 50, then gear does count, though it doesn't have a huge impact in the context of large battles. From what I hear, acquiring the top tier gear isn't too difficult, either.

PvP feels like a mindless zergfest with people sliding/teleporting all over during fights. Since PvP is my main draw I'm a bit disappointed.

its completely different when they do a pre-charge, which can take up days to clear, meanwhile you are down 15 bucks or whatever your currency is, which you might need for something

I have never seen any game do this, and Ive played most mmos

The most certainty did not pre-charge me.

The game is more elderscrolls than I thought it would be. Interesting lol.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

For people on the fence that was in the beta. It's nothing like the beta. I'm very surprised, It's very fun. Currently running around in a rainstorm getting my fantasy rocks off and having an adventure of epic proportions. :s

Also, Add me dang it! I'm all alone and I'm scared. Its a big world out there and things want to hurt me! (@MagicalPixy)

So with the word being better than expected, any chance this is at least moderately successful as a long term sub...or does this still go F2P within, say, 6 months?

lem0n

For people on the fence that was in the beta. It's nothing like the beta. I'm very surprised, It's very fun. Currently running around in a rainstorm getting my fantasy rocks off and having an adventure of epic proportions. :s

Also, Add me dang it! I'm all alone and I'm scared. Its a big world out there and things want to hurt me! (@MagicalPixy)
Hey I'm trying to add you, but says account not found :/

So with the word being better than expected, any chance this is at least moderately successful as a long term sub...or does this still go F2P within, say, 6 months?

Almost impossible for us to predict. I think it's clear that the sub-model still works very well by looking at the success that FF14 has been.

fuzzyset

Almost impossible for us to predict. I think it's clear that the sub-model still works very well by looking at the success that FF14 has been.

It also really depends on what they are expecting. SWTOR was really expecting WoW numbers I think, which was just unrealistic.

They also have the console versions coming out. Curious how they will do.

I was reading about their post launch plans and it seems they already have stuff planned for the next patch.

FFXIV has done a decent job of keeping content streaming and letting players know what is coming and when. Not just the next patch, but the next 2-3 patches. Hopefully this game follows suit.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, so what to name this... thing?

abomination7osdz.png

I'll see about joining that guild once I get the hang of the game and if I'll continue past the first 30 days.

Top Bottom