• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Karak

So is the main appeal for this game PVP now? It is the majority of what I see on streams.

Seems to be both. i did some PVP last night and there are a good deal of normal quests in that area anyway and some gems so it was worth it. The PVP is action packed and you have to be on your toes to understand where peeps are and where they are going or you could get lost almost instantly.

PVE is just uber awesome.

Fuz

Banned
So who's using a controller with this? Do you like it better?

It's pretty obvious that it was designed around a controller, so I think you'll be safe with one.

It's extremely noticeable because of the 6 skills only, the terrible interface... so, stop playing with controllers, you're ruining all my games.

EDIT:
Currently the PC version doesn't support gamepads. Have to assume that'll be in shortly though.
Ok, looks like I was wrong. I'm pretty sure too that it will be supported soon, tho.

Karak

A good number of people in one of my guilds uses the controller profile from here and have been very happy.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've been using the Pinnacle controller thing as well. It's not the best... walking controls are digital which sucks, and the viewpoint movement acts very strange. Other than that it's been fine. I'm almost positive we're eventually going to get native controller support.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It's extremely noticeable because of the 6 skills only, the terrible interface... so, stop playing with controllers, you're ruining all my games.

Pretty sure this is a conscious design decision. Guild Wars 2 uses the exact same system of 6 skill slots, and it wasn't "designed for controllers".

Giggzy

Can someone post this magical configuration for controllers? I would LOVE to play this game on my TV.

Are you guys using a PS4 or 360 controller?

SilverBulletKY

Neo Member
It's pretty obvious that it was designed around a controller, so I think you'll be safe with one.

EDIT:

Ok, looks like I was wrong. I'm pretty sure too that it will be supported soon, tho.

I thought I heard the action bar increases to twelve slots after level 15.

EDIT: Actually it's just a different bar for weapon swapping.

Fuz

Banned
Pretty sure this is a conscious design decision. Guild Wars 2 uses the exact same system of 6 skill slots, and it wasn't "designed for controllers".

Nah, gw2 is a totally different system. 5+5 skills and it's more dynamic.
Also the interface is pretty good.

SummitAve

Banned
how do you find the menu? I love the in game but the menu with a controller winds me up, needs modding by the developers

I either hold down the guide button to access the game settings or hold right bumper and press the dpad in whatever direction for the journal, skills, ect...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
european maintenence in the middle of the afternoon lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isn't that when people are supposed to be at work?

well, theres all different kinds of work. I work graveyward shift for example. but still, you would think maintenance would be in the AMs, so affect the least amount of people

A time scale of "Several hours" is likely to include prime time sadly.

that too. oh well, got to 19, almost 20 on my templar, liking it a lot more than my first templar. Im starting to have too many skill points tho, as I have little interest in other weapons besides 1h/shield and resto staff. Might do a range build with dawn powers and bow

Hellers

that too. oh well, got to 19, almost 20 on my templar, liking it a lot more than my first templar. Im starting to have too many skill points tho, as I have little interest in other weapons besides 1h/shield and resto staff. Might do a range build with dawn powers and bow

Don't forget armour and racial skills. I put a point into one of the soul gem skills too. Free rez every two hours. Passives too

Rhaknar

Don't forget armour and racial skills. I put a point into one of the soul gem skills too. Free rez every two hours. Passives too

i have all that (that I can have at the moment at least). also persuade and intimidate :)

SilverBulletKY

Neo Member
Anyone tried grouping to do normal quests? I think these need some work. I grouped with my brother yesterday and some quests had the share option and some didn't, but not all of them gave him the notification to accept them even after I shared them. Also we were on the same quest once but he saw a completely different NPC standing in a spot that was a character I needed to talk to. It also doesn't show you which quests you have together so it's clunky to work together.

hepburn3d

I either hold down the guide button to access the game settings or hold right bumper and press the dpad in whatever direction for the journal, skills, ect...

do you have a screenshot of your pinnacle profile? or the profile itself :D sounds like a much better way of doing it

Yep.

Do they announce the server maintenance times on the website or anything like that? I think this has been the second or third time that I'd planned to sit down and play for a few hours only to log on 10-15 mins before they bring them down. Slightly frustrating.

Rhaknar

Yep.

Do they announce the server maintenance times on the website or anything like that? I think this has been the second or third time that I'd planned to sit down and play for a few hours only to log on 10-15 mins before they bring them down. Slightly frustrating.

I didnt see it, but I heard that the facebook announcement said "several hours"

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Thanks for this!

No problem! I hope we both get in -- and soon! I needed to play this game yesterday!

It's refreshing to hear that this game is extremely hard. It may be a themepark MMO, but it looks like it's done in a way where it feels like the player has lots of freedom.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
fucking maintenance, i rushed back home to play! arrgh

my ID is @Curryganz, I'd really appreciate joining the EU guild

Vlodril

Wth is wrong with them. First mmo i ve seen that. Most put their maintenance in the morning. Latest i have seen was eve at 1 to 2. This is the third time too. I though the first couple of ones were because it was an emergency but apparently they can't plan for shit..

Zafir

Yeah they have appalling timing. That said I think only WoW ever had good times from what I remember. They took servers down at 3am usually.

Lucifon

First content revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZsIUn_g6o

EDIT: Damn, it looks good. Love the art style.

That looks awesome! I really get the feeling the guys over at Zenimax don't want to mess this up. Game has been out a few days and already showing off the next set of content, now just follow through with the regular release of content and they'll have my support.

Also...just got back from work and the EU Megaserver is still down FUUUUU

Currently locked out of the game because my retail copy has not arrived yet. They should have been more generous with this grace time releasing on a Friday and the grace time ending Sunday morning... Should have been 2-3 business days at least.

Made a Breton Sorc currently Level 15 DPS\Healer, liking the game so far and exploring off the beaten track is rewarding with chests\lorebooks etc... I just have to learn to calm down on having to open every single thing. Half my playtime is inv management it seems. Already made an alt just to hold foodstuffs. Will probably have to make another for enchant mats.

Dunlop

If possible can I get an invite to the NA guild

@Dunlop

I chose the wrong faction when I created the character faction ; (

fuzzyset

I'll be doing some traveling soon, and just installed the game on my laptop. When I log in, the camera starts spinning like crazy. It's almost as if the mouse's deadcenter is being incorrectly used because I can move the mouse and get it to be sorta stable, but if I move it from that spot, it goes crazy again.

I've tried this https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4492 (even though I'm running Windows 7).

Any ideas? I need help!

I'll be doing some traveling soon, and just installed the game on my laptop. When I log in, the camera starts spinning like crazy. It's almost as if the mouse's deadcenter is being incorrectly used because I can move the mouse and get it to be sorta stable, but if I move it from that spot, it goes crazy again.

I've tried this https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4492 (even though I'm running Windows 7).

Any ideas? I need help!

Two things:

1) When logging in, try typing: /reloadui

if that still doesn't work, I found this on reddit:

Disclaimer: That was what worked for my brother, but I cannot guarantee it'll do it for you.
Go to desktop
Right click, select "Screen Resolution" or your language equialent
Hit the text-link saying something like, "Make text and other elements larger or smaller."
Hit the checkbox in the middle of the dialog box.
Select 125% (100% may work, as well)
Apply and log out and in.

EDIT:

Also, there's something in the game options called "improve cursor accuracy." See that that is unticked.

Top Bottom