• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Teletraan1

Banned
yeah Blizzard were the best at that too. Perfect time for maintenance

To be fair, at the time i used to play they would force an 8 hour maintenance down everyone's throat 1x a week so they better schedule it at a minimal impact time. I worked afternoons at the time. So not ideal for me.

During launch they probably have the maintenance teams doing these things when there is proper support (ie people in the office) in case something terrible happens, it isn't some routine like Blizzard was in for years and years after they launched and yet still had extended maintenance all the time.

Anyone know how long this NA maintenance is going to last?

So, Game is down and i'm resorted to reading a bit of background stuff instead... and apparently I'm the hannibal lecter of the elves.

The Bosmer are strict carnivores and cannibals. They eat the dead after battle, and decorate the skulls and bones of their kills everywhere.[4] Their cannibalism is a matter of ritual significance, and typically quite private within a family or tight-knit group.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bosmer_(Online)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
unless the launcher downloads the patch even when its not...launched (and how would it), I have no patch nor is it downloading any

Vlodril

Alright patched.. run the game and it says my computed is not authorized to login to the account and i should look at my email for a code. What?

used the code they sent and got online. why they felt the need to do that no idea though. well my character seems to be invisible. and i cant move. haha.

Yager

Banned
Guys, open the launcher and where it says "Game options", click and select "Check for updates". I did it and I have it donwloading right now (maybe you get an error; you should then click "Repair" and it'll begin to download.).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, open the launcher and where it says "Game options", click and select "Check for updates". I did it and I have it donwloading right now (maybe you get an error; you should then click "Repair" and it'll begin to download.).

mine just started automatically a min ago

Kem0sabe

Patch notes make no reference to them fixing the Banished Cells dungeon... i have tried it around 8 times and never got passed the first quest objective. Unbelievable...

Rhaknar

Patch notes make no reference to them fixing the Banished Cells dungeon... i have tried it around 8 times and never got passed the first quest objective. Unbelievable...

same, except i tried it 3 times, and gave up. now im 19 so its useless

Google

Right, so I'm still very early (level 6) and I'm playing a Wood Elf hunter/thief/whatever they're called.

I'm finding playing with a bow pretty tough. I'm able to sneak and get that critical hit 95% of the time, but the enemy is always up in my grill before I'm able to take him down.

How the hell do I handle crowds? More than a single enemy and I'm overwhelmed and I die.

Philippo

So, with the game getting unexpected high praises, can we expect some delay on the inevitable change to F2P?
I'd be more than okay with a GW2-like model.

Right, so I'm still very early (level 6) and I'm playing a Wood Elf hunter/thief/whatever they're called.

I'm finding playing with a bow pretty tough. I'm able to sneak and get that critical hit 95% of the time, but the enemy is always up in my grill before I'm able to take him down.

How the hell do I handle crowds? More than a single enemy and I'm overwhelmed and I die.
Nightblade?

What skills do you have right now? Armor type? Enemy levels? Need a bit more info.

Somnia

Sounds like their email servers are being hammered by the EU players for codes... that or they didn't activate codes being sent out lol

Giggzy

I'm playing the same and having no trouble. What class did you start out as? Templar or Night blade?

I'm a Templar hunter. I open up with a critical strike, then sun fire to add a DoT and a snare (when it opened up to transform I made it so it affects nearby enemies too for an AoE snare) followed by poison arrow and the enemy is pretty much dead. Keep using the snare while kiting and dodging and you should be fine.

Ok this new content update video is amazing. I know it's already been linked, but I want to link it again just to make sure people see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZsIUn_g6o

Some of the boss fights look legit and I saw some VR12 and 13 mobs =O
I think it's an amazing move to show off the next patch right at launch. If they keep this attitude over the next few months I think the game has a very good fighting chance of surviving with a sub.

What is the current endgame like anyway? Is it just veteran dungeons?

Somnia

I think it's an amazing move to show off the next patch right at launch. If they keep this attitude over the next few months I think the game has a very good fighting chance of surviving with a sub.

What is the current endgame like anyway? Is it just veteran dungeons?

PVP in Cyrodiil and Veteran Dungeons for now.

fuzzyset

So, Game is down and i'm resorted to reading a bit of background stuff instead... and apparently I'm the hannibal lecter of the elves.

The Bosmer are strict carnivores and cannibals. They eat the dead after battle, and decorate the skulls and bones of their kills everywhere.[4] Their cannibalism is a matter of ritual significance, and typically quite private within a family or tight-knit group.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bosmer_(Online)

Maybe the Veiled Heritance has a point to not let the 'savages' into AD :D

Yeah apparently us europeans don't want to game after work/school and during awesome peak hours. :¨(

Also, How about those official forums. They are probably the worst I've ever seen designwise. Are forums ever allowed to look like that according to the Geneve convention?

Alur

Also, How about those official forums. They are probably the worst I've ever seen designwise. Are forums ever allowed to look like that according to the Geneve convention?

The forums are pretty bad, I agree.

From the language forums being stacked on each other in the menu, to the menu being over to the right in the sidebar kind of out of place. The 3 translations of their important message at the top of each page is an eyesore as well. Definitely needs a redesign.

Welp. I got in. Just had to wait for that sweet sweet code. Or i guess changing my avatar to an elf chick was tribute enough.

EDIT: Looks like guilds have disappeared. No gaffer guild atm.

Lucifon

So after 10 minutes the access code input box goes away and you have to try logging in again. My access code arrived a minute after this, so I attempted to login again and it seems to have just let me in despite never inputting my code...? But hey, I'm in! See you on the other side EU Gaffers.

Edit - Hmm my EsoheadMarkers are showing Skyshards as uncollected for ones which I have collected. Has the patch bugged out the add-on? Anyone else suffering from this?

Giggzy

Craglorn looks fucking mint.

I'll be finally letting my WoW sub run out as this game has me hooked and with plenty to do. I haven't been this engrossed in an MMO since I first started playing WoW.

Top Bottom