• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Karak

Does anyone knows for sure if (for example) putting more ingots in crafting a dagger gives more crafting experience overall (also counting the recycle xp)?

Crafting something of a higher level barely raises the xp. I was messing around with it last night. I am still not sure how they do the xp as some things raise it a great deal others barely. The only thing I do know is breaking down stuff is by far the best XP in my opinion.

By grinding a few bosses I was able to load up on blue and green items and break them down and went up 4 levels.

Also bookshelves are your best friends. Damn.

Yep, and breaking down stuff crafted by other players is by far the most efficient way to do it.
And breaking down your own items is by far the least efficient way do it. If you can, get a creating buddy and swap items.

You get more inspiration from higher quality items as well; green is better than normal, blue is better than green, etc.

iso135

Level 9 after 14 hours of play. Definitely loving this game so far. The quests feel interesting, the crafting is entertaining and worthwhile, and the graphics are pretty good.

I find myself wanting to complete just one more quest, or just one more dungeon run.

uzit88

Will the PS4/XBONE servers be the same as the PC/Mac version?

I'm waiting for the console versions to come out as I don't think my 2010 iMac will run this at a decent setting sadly.

Alur

I have to second/third/eight hundred and forty fifth the sentiment that this game is quite unlike most MMOs. The drive to level quickly is greatly dampened by the myriad of skills and styles you can play (sorcerer tank? aww yiss you can) as well as the story telling.

I think I said earlier that this game was second to me versus SWTOR in it's quest/storytelling, but I think if you factor in sidequests with the main quest line it takes takes the cake. While the class quests were great, SWTOR sidequests were pretty terrible...even a random side mission in ESO feels important and I absolutely adore the fact that the environment changes and the map reminds me that I "brokered a peace treaty between "X" and "Y" and things of that sort when I scroll over an area.

Though the game doesn't drive you to level quickly, I have actually been playing 2 characters regularly and 3 in total since I started and I've been trying different styles. I have a 6 sorcerer (EP), 10 nightblade (AD), and now a 13 dragonknight (EP) that I made just to join the GAF guild. While I have been enjoying the scenery with the sorc/nb, I've taken the dragonknight and cribbed an AOE build and the grinding mob EXP in this game is seriously broken. I went from 7 to 13 last night in a matter of a little over two hours. I had actually started it because I wanted to catch up to the quests I had just gotten (had some level 9 ones at 7), but it was so good and quick I just kept going. Now I'm looking forward to going back and doing the quests and taking that in with him without all the deaths.

It's probably the fault of the console versions of TESO. Just look at the inventory - it's a scrolling list of items for god's sake! It's absolutely retarded that there is no typical, grid based inventory and it's surely because the game is coming to PS4/X1. My bet is there a lot more compromises like that steered towards console users.

Oblivion and Skyrim had mods to make the console centric UI friendly for PC gamers. Will there be a mood like that for this game?

Dunlop

I went from 7 to 13 last night in a matter of a little over two hours

wow, I find leveling so slow. I'm currently 13.5 but feel like I should be significantly higher for the time put in

I'm doing lvl 15/16 quests atm

I have not touched crafting atm (also have no clue how to lol), does it give xp?

Alur

wow, I find leveling so slow. I'm currently 13.5 but feel like I should be significantly higher for the time put in

I have not touched crafting atm (also have no clue how to lol), does it give xp?

No clue on the crafting, I haven't delved into it yet. I ran into your problem which is why I did the AOE grinding on this guy. I kept getting behind on levels and the quests were super difficult if a "boss" mob was at the end of the line (or multiple mobs anywhere). How'd you get so far ahead of your quests?

docbon

Oblivion and Skyrim had mods to make the console centric UI friendly for PC gamers. Will there be a mood like that for this game?

There have been user addons that modify nearly all parts of the interface since the later beta phases.

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php

--------------

Also, the snipe skill for bows fucking owns. I can already see stealth squads of players using it to pick off stragglers in AvA.

Moving down a well traveled road on horseback to rejoin your alliance in a push for a keep? Prepare to get fucking murdered from 40 meters away by three dudes crouched upon a hill top with their bows aiming towards the sun.

Fuz

Banned
And breaking down your own items is by far the least efficient way do it. If you can, get a creating buddy and swap items.

Yeah, I usually spam for people to trade crafted gear to destroy, but never find anyone.
And I can't really keep all that shit in my inventory, there's simply not enough space and I have to go back and forth from questing to bank already WAY too much.

Yeah, I find levelling a bit too slow too. But just a little bit.

And crafting unfortunately gives only crafting XP... another thing that gw2 got right.

Xaero

Neo Member
This game felt a lot more "alive" to me when I turned on "Show all Health Bars" for players. Now I can actually see who the real players are and it actually feels like an MMORPG.

It felt so empty before that. Maybe it's just me, but I want to know when there are real players around me, even if they're stood there talking to an NPC next to me.

I'm only level 5. First 4 levels I was "meh", but it's clicking with me now. The click to attack combat feels so clunky though, but that was my biggest problem with Skyrim, too.

Edit: Oh and the map pisses me off. I think it's by design to make me explore, but it's annoying :)

Google

This game felt a lot more "alive" to me when I turned on "Show all Health Bars" for players. Now I can actually see who the real players are and it actually feels like an MMORPG.

Are there not dozens of players sprinting and jumping all over the place in your game?

Xaero

Neo Member
Personally, i realllly like the minimal UI that makes everyone blend into the world. It makes the game seem a lot more cohesive and personal. It's nice that they added the option for bars.

I'd have preferred name tags, but seems I have to settle for health bars :)

Giggzy

Personally, i realllly like the minimal UI that makes everyone blend into the world. It makes the game seem a lot more cohesive and personal. It's nice that they added the option for bars.

Likewise. In any MMO I play I turn health bars off as it takes me out of the immersion. I only keep them on for enemy players for PvP purposes.

Fuz

Banned

Agree.
It helps immersion.
Despite a terrible, terrible interface... the HUD is very well done.

Well I've got 2 chars at lvl 35~ (on separate accounts I play both at once... )

I'm liking it alright so far. Honestly this is slow leveling for me, I'd probably be working on veteran ranks already but I'm only sort of taking it seriously.

Also the lack of /follow has hindered my leveling quite a bit ;/

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Spoiler for level 15 on the Daggerfall questline:

So, I've unlocked the mages and fighters guild quests in Wayrest. I'm currently level 16 and have several quests on the western part of the map. I tried to get to Wayrest, but there are some crazy mobs between me and the city. At this rate, I'm going to be level 20 by the time I make it to Wayrest. Won't I be way too high level for those guild quests (they say they are level 15 quests)? Is there an easy way to get to Wayrest that I'm not realizing?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there an easier way to deposit stuff in the bank other than teleporting back to Daggerfall and running across the entire city to get to the bank? Can I mail stuff to the bank?

Also, I just made it into the Wayrest zone, but I haven't gotten to Wayrest yet. It really sucks having to sit through a load screen now on top of having to run across the entire city of Daggerfall and back to bank my mats.

docbon

Is there an easier way to deposit stuff in the bank other than teleporting back to Daggerfall and running across the entire city to get to the bank? Can I mail stuff to the bank?

Also, I just made it into the Wayrest zone, but I haven't gotten to Wayrest yet. It really sucks having to sit through a load screen now on top of having to run across the entire city of Daggerfall and back to bank my mats.

I would just make the trek to Wayrest to get the wayshrine, if I were you.

Raxious

Anyone else having trouble getting into a campaign?

I get a loading screen and I stay there, I can see it didn't crash considering the music is still playing and that loading thingy is still moving around. Though I've been in this screen for roughly 10 minutes now, while every other loading screen takes a few seconds.

Subxero

I haven't done any pvp yet. I was thinking about jumping into it today but wanted to ask which campaign is better to join? I'm in the NA guild so I would probably join that one.

Sorry if this has been answered. I hadn't seen much talk about it recently.

Hellers

Spoiler for level 15 on the Daggerfall questline:

Is there an easy way to get to Wayrest that I'm not realizing?

Just pick your route carefully and run there. It's definitely possible. I did it at about level 8 because I wanted to respec. You could also group with someone who's already there and teleport to them.

v1lla21

Hey guys I have a question. If I get the game for PC can I then transfer my character and his stuff over to the PS4 version once that comes out?

fuzzyset

Hey guys I have a question. If I get the game for PC can I then transfer my character and his stuff over to the PS4 version once that comes out?

Currently, there are no announced plans for this. There are basically three different versions of the game (PC/Mac, PS4, Xbone).

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Debating picking this up.

Is it pretty well-suited for casual/solo play? I can maybe sneak 2hrs a night, 3 nights a week. So, nothing too serious.

The Imperial Edition is back in stock at BBY. 20% off with my GCU membership and $15 in RZ certs makes it $65 for the physical box.

Giggzy

Some organized PVP.

Seeing a group charge into a blob that is easily double their size (and winning) brings a tear to my eye.

No bullshit AOE cap. No rally mechanics. It is beautiful.

Great video. Will need to show that to my friend as he's mainly a PvP player. He assumes the AvA in this game is just one big Zerg. Coming from WoW PvP he likes more team oriented pvp so this might help him change his mind that groups can make a difference in this

SRTtoZ

How does this game run compared to a couple of closed beta tests ago? It was really sluggish for me and i would hate to buy it and it runs like crap.

I have:
i5 2500k 3.3ghz
gtx 680 2gb
16gb ram

You may have some different issue because I played 3 Beta tests and the final version and it runs fantastic for me, maxed everything 40-60fps at all times. I have the same exact setup except I'm running a i7 3820.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fun dungeons with some guildies tonight, good times

demonkaze

fun dungeons with some guildies tonight, good times

Yeah man, was good (Astraer here) and we'll have to get your other ones done when you're on next.

Also, can the op update the eu guild with @nerhtal, @chrill and @zephyr as other people who can invite.

SRTtoZ

So when I go to MMORPG.com and go to game list, and sort by Hype/Rating, I see ESO is on the top with an 8.7 ahead of EQN and Star Citizen.

Whoa.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Got some terrible problems with animations not playing or animations getting stuck in a loop. Made it quite difficult to know if you are hurting enemies. Has anyone else experienced this?

Everything else such as looting and talking with NPCs worked well.

xexon

Banned
Debating picking this up.

Is it pretty well-suited for casual/solo play? I can maybe sneak 2hrs a night, 3 nights a week. So, nothing too serious.

The Imperial Edition is back in stock at BBY. 20% off with my GCU membership and $15 in RZ certs makes it $65 for the physical box.

This game is definitely very solo casual friendly. I play it exactly the way I played skyrim. The only time you ever need to group is every now an again you wi come across a group dungeon. Just do all the quests and you will be able solo everything with little help needed. This game is the best gaming experience I have had in a long time.

KePoW

Banned
You may have some different issue because I played 3 Beta tests and the final version and it runs fantastic for me, maxed everything 40-60fps at all times. I have the same exact setup except I'm running a i7 3820.

Yeah I have a 680 with a i5-3570, and the retail game runs at 40-90 fps all times maxed.

Can't complain about that.

SRTtoZ

Can someone explain to me whats up with their forums? I went there a week ago and it was all in german, then I go there now and go to "Game Discussion- English" and it says 0 discussions. Seriously, how do you fuck up an Official forum?

Anyone want to tell me what the nightblade is all about???

Im seeing this class as the theif/assassin/stealth/bows/dagger type of character, like that guy from the daggerfall covenant in the trailers.

When the game is released on PS4, I want to maybe play as a red guard nightblade. And focus on using poisons, illusion magic, bows, and stealth. In oblivion and skyrim, those were my most powerful characters.

Is a character build like that possible in The Elder Scrolls Online???

are there even alchemy, stealth and illusion magick skill trees like in oblivion and skyrim???

In all the videos I've seen, not one of them went over the skills in depth. They just skimmed through it to get to the action as most viewers want to see that.

Also, I dont care for PVP, I'm doing purely PVE, mostly single play too.

Top Bottom