• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

Alduin cake! definitely came out better than the Sonic 20th Anniversary cake lmao.

373976_10150350746956404_131368351403_8256783_1694387204_n.jpg

bengraven

Clevinger said:
Bleh. Keep Gothic/Risen in Gothic/Risen. I like both Elder Scrolls and Gothic for different reasons.

You are awesome. Been hearing Gothic vs. TES since people were comparing G2 to Morrowind and I've always felt they should be seperated...and besides, more than one open world WRPG makes the world a better place. That's why I tolerate Two Worlds. :p

bengraven said:
I think he wrote it himself based on information gleaned from sources on the status of the Empire.

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah. The last official Pocket Guide was the third edition, and that came with the Oblivion Collector's Edition.

Ok. Thanks. I googled for fourth edition and found links for third edition so I thought there is official 4th edition. Nice work, Blue Ninja.

I've avoided getting excited for this game after the massive disappointment I had with Oblivion. But I'm starting to get that tingling feeling in my toes. I might be getting pumped. They can't possibly fuck up twice.

Symphonic

Great OT!

There was this one time when I was doubting if this game would be good or not, but then I realized that the sum of all prior seconds in my life were leading up to this particular moment in time. Every game I've played has thrown at me the factor of falseness and made me realize that life is superior to any sort of computer game. However, a game with Skyrim's nature has the potential and the honor to plunge my mind into a schizophrenic rage and cause me to lose all grips on reality. From the second I boot up the game I know that all prior reality that my mind had previously struggled to grasp will vanish entirely and my mind's conscious will be sewn into the game's hardware like a strict program.

Once I see the words of Skyrim across my screen my eyes shall weld themselves to the glass of my screen, like a hilt being welding to a sword. With Skyrim as my weapon I shall release all attachments to the world I previously know and place myself directly into the deadly path of internal existence. Food and water will be unessential in a life that lacks life - a life of Skyrim. No longer will breathing be a contemplation...the second I turn the game on my life shall fade to blackness while glowing brighter than ever before. Skyrim is my end and my beginning, my creation and my destruction, my God and my Satan, my potential and my failure. Skyrim will summon my banishment.

Peterthumpa

loblaw said:
Great OT!

There was this one time when I was doubting if this game would be good or not, but then I realized that the sum of all prior seconds in my life were leading up to this particular moment in time. Every game I've played has thrown at me the factor of falseness and made me realize that life is superior to any sort of computer game. However, a game with Skyrim's nature has the potential and the honor to plunge my mind into a schizophrenic rage and cause me to lose all grips on reality. From the second I boot up the game I know that all prior reality that my mind had previously struggled to grasp will vanish entirely and my mind's conscious will be sewn into the game's hardware like a strict program.

Once I see the words of Skyrim across my screen my eyes shall weld themselves to the glass of my screen, like a hilt being welding to a sword. With Skyrim as my weapon I shall release all attachments to the world I previously know and place myself directly into the deadly path of internal existence. Food and water will be unessential in a life that lacks life - a life of Skyrim. No longer will breathing be a contemplation...the second I turn the game on my life shall fade to blackness while glowing brighter than ever before. Skyrim is my end and my beginning, my creation and my destruction, my God and my Satan, my potential and my failure. Skyrim will summon my banishment.
Gimme some dude.

Gloomfire said:
I guess Amazon is never going to have this for download?

I contacted them and they said they had no plans for a pre-order download version but maybe after the launch they will offer it.

Dyno said:
You filthy lizard-fucker! Fucking lizards is what brought the dragons! SHAME!
Wulf doesn't fuck no lizards. Wulf only fucks your mother.

loblaw said:

*checks name*

I remember. :lol

Dyno

loblaw said:
Great OT!

I can tell by the way you would forge a sword that you are no man of the north.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Whaa?

Skyrim cake by Duff's Charm City Cakes!

Via Elder Scrolls' Facebook:
"Alduin: The Cake Easter (courtesy of Charm City Cakes)"

373976_10150350746956404_131368351403_8256783_1694387204_n.jpg

Symphonic

Dyno said:
I can tell by the way you would forge a sword that you are no man of the north.

A man of the north would imply that my body and thought belong to a particular geographical location. With the release of my being my position on this planet is irrelevant. Any and all sight and sense of my presence will disappear from the minds of all those I have contacted. At the same time, however, everyone on Earth will know my name and weep at the thought of it. I will be mourned for existing - the ultimate paradox.

Deified Data said:
Real men craft their swords from the ribs of their felled foes.
Wulf doesn't craft swords from ribs, he just looks at a bunch of steel angrily, and it forms into a blade on its own.

loblaw said:
A man of the north would imply that my body and thought belong to a particular geographical location. With the release of my being my position on this planet is irrelevant. Any and all sight and sense of my presence will disappear from the minds of all those I have contacted. At the same time, however, everyone on Earth will know my name and weep at the thought of it. I will be mourned for existing - the ultimate paradox.
Sheogorath's been visiting this poor soul. Give him some ale.

MrBig

Skirn said:
Lego-Lars, if Nord.

Is this real or just a badly Photoshopped .gif? Looks janky... the way the giant sort of jitters in the dragon's grasp.
This was from a rather old video. Newer ones of the same scripted sequence in that demo show functioning ragdoll.

Rapture

Deified Data said:
Can't wait to marry a hot Argonian chick in this game.

If "The Lusty Argonian Maid" taught me anything it's that Argonian women are not for marrying, you merely marry a socially acceptable woman and hire a on a... talented house hand.

Blue Ninja said:
Wulf doesn't craft swords from ribs, he just looks at a bunch of steel angrily, and it forms into a blade on its own.
Remind me never to fuck with Wulf. Does Wulf have a title or monicker, Ninja?

Taborcarn

Deadly Cyclone said:
Whaa?

skycake.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Too bad that show's not on the air anymore, I would have liked to have seen the making of that one.

Deified Data said:
Remind me never to fuck with Wulf. Does Wulf have a title or monicker, Ninja?
No, just Wulf. When the Greybeards shout his name, he didn't want them to waste too much of his time.

PowderedToast

loblaw said:
Great OT!

i love these posts

Blue Ninja said:
No, just Wulf. When the Greybeards shout his name, he didn't want them to waste too much of his time.
"We collectively pronounce you Wulf the...Oh, he left."

That Nord will forge a bloody trail, I'm sure.

KorrZ

I've been F5ing this thread all day today, and listening to the Skyrim main theme. Why am I doing this to myself? :( this is going to be the longest week of my life.

Piercedveil said:
As long as it feels balanced and I'm not dying like crazy, it should be fine.

on 1 hand u have master of everything at level 1, on the other a simple chicken kills you in 2 hits

its about in the middle.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Whaa?

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/373976_10150350746956404_131368351403_8256783_1694387204_n.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

That base is so ugly.

Frillen

OP means one week! Will be juggling between this and Modern Warfare 3. Then it's Zelda the week after. Byebye social life (lol like I had any).

Clott

loblaw said:
Great OT!

Hahahahahaha

Deified Data said:
It's a slab of rock. Not much room for beautification.

It looks like a rock from an Unreal Engine title without it's textures fully loaded. More crevasses , blood, logo, dragon claw marks, would have improved it.

[EDIT: Even blood like Blue Ninja suggested.]

Blue Ninja said:
Smear it with dragon blood. That's a pretty rock.
Mmm, cherry!

Digital-Hero said:
It looks like a rock from an Unreal Engine title without it's textures fully loaded. More crevasses , blood, logo, dragon claw marks, would have improved it.

[EDIT: Even blood like Blue Ninja suggested.]
You're not wrong, but there's only so much you can do with fondent.

Mr YuYu

Can't wait for this game!!! Too bad zelda is comming out the week after:-/
Guess hyrule kingdom will have to wait a few months!

DangerStepp

I wonder if there's still the possibility of co-op being a super secret feature they've yet to announce.

I've wanted that since Oblivion.

Forgot to mention how fantastic this OP is! Hats off to Blue Ninja!!

DangerStepp said:
I wonder if there's still the possibility of co-op being a super secret feature they've yet to announce.

Forgot to mention how fantastic this OP is! Hats off to Blue Ninja!!

That would be a HUGE surprise. Huge.

Woorloog

Banned
DangerStepp said:

Oh, another co-op advocate. I'd love to see 2 player co-op in The Elder Scrolls series

bengraven

I wouldn't mind a bit of Borderlands in my Elder Scrolls, but if so I would want it:

a) a spinoff and not a true sequel
b) have dungeons that require two players with puzzles

Hell, actually just have Gearbox do a Borderlands reskin in a fantasy universe and make it an Elder Scrolls side story.

I know you're groaning, but it would be fun.

Woorloog said:
Oh, another co-op advocate. I'd love to see 2 player co-op in The Elder Scrolls series
That opens up a huge can of worms. Here we go...

My official statement: Time/resources spent on co-op are time/resources not spent on the single-player open world. TES fans tend to believe that the two features can't fairly coexist without detracting from eachother in some way.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Reluctant-Hero said:
Redguard. "Templar" archetype. Noble, but not afraid to use extreme measures to protect the innocent.

Excells in the use of one handed weapons, shields, heavy armor, restoration magick and smithing. Has been know to have a silver tongue as well.

Haha. This is the exact type of character I plan on playing, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom