• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well. I've really enjoyed the PC version and managed to get 3 hours or so on it today. It feels really great and a nice change of pace compared to other games I've played recently.
The music is awesome.

Now I'm off down the pub for a few sherbets.

ultron87

Are there any more details on how the scaling of enemy levels works? I see from the OP that it is closer to Fallout, which is good since the way it worked in Oblivion nearly ruined the game for me.

Symphonic

Trying to get a stream set up for tonight...anyone know why Xsplit wouldn't be broadcasting? I can use Procaster for Livestream, but would prefer Justin.tv or something.

IoCaster

I'm about 5 hrs in and ain't done shit but clear out that one barrow(golden claw) and hunt some wildlife. It's easy to get sidetracked with just wandering around and soaking up the atmosphere.

The game definitely needs some UI tweaking and I've had a few issues with getting my keyboard config working correctly. Also the mouse navigation in the menus is a cursor twitchfest. Actually just the whole UI has got a serious case of consolitis. They need to release that Creation Kit ASAP. Other than those few niggling annoyances it looks great and runs great.

Einbroch

Banned
ultron87 said:
Are there any more details on how the scaling of enemy levels works? I see from the OP that it is closer to Fallout, which is good since the way it worked in Oblivion nearly ruined the game for me.
You're level 23.

If you're in a low level area, enemies may be level 5-15. Because you're 23, they're 15.
If you're in a mid level area, enemies may be level 15-25. Because you're 23, they're 23.
If you're in a high level area, enemies may be level 25-35. Because you're 23, they're 25.
If you're in a very high level area, enemies may be level 35-45. Because you're 23, they're 35.

Even though I'm up early (EST) for work tomorrow, I'm going to stay up and play an hour or 2 of this, I just can't take it anymore! My co-worker told everyone to not expect to see me until Tuesday, lol.

Wallach

IoCaster said:
I'm about 5 hrs in and ain't done shit but clear out that one barrow(golden claw) and hunt some wildlife. It's easy to get sidetracked with just wandering around and soaking up the atmosphere.

The game definitely needs some UI tweaking and I've had a few issues with getting my keyboard config working correctly. Also the mouse navigation in the menus is a cursor twitchfest. Actually just the whole UI has got a serious case of consolitis. They need to release that Creation Kit ASAP. Other than those few niggling annoyances it looks great and runs great.

Turn the mouse acceleration off and see if it helps. It's in the My Games folder -> SkyrimPrefs.ini.

JAFAR

My copy is unlocked thanks to TheNiX
bowdown.gif

Cutwolf

Does anyone know how to make my left hand be controlled by my left mouse button and my right hand controlled by my right mouse button? It's switched right now.

NBtoaster

Haha..it's funny how a roadside theif patiently waits for me to finish my existing conversation before trying to rob me.

Met some elven assholes who said I couldn't worship talos
. And now I have elven armor :>

tch

Ok, so I bought it and downloaded it through D2D, and opened it with steam. Do I need to pre-load in steam as well even though I've already downloaded the game? Or do I just need to attempt to install it after its released?

kaskade

Well I ended up ordering the game off amazon. I had 30 bucks credit on amazon. That plus the 10 bucks being offered with the game and the "premium physical map" I figured why not.

IoCaster

Wallach said:
Turn the mouse acceleration off and see if it helps. It's in the My Games folder -> SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Been there, done that. First thing I did was start a game then exit at the first opportunity and dig through the *.ini files looking for the obvious tweaks.

DSmalls84

Would be pretty cool if people posted the builds they were planning. I usually play a Bosmer Thief, but was thinking of going with a warrior to start with. Nord was appealing at first but after looking the Orc's starting skill bonuses and Beserker Power it seems like they would be pretty awesome.

Good grief! They still haven't despatched my copy from Amazon UK! I had it pre-ordered back in September and I'm a Prime member. It should get here by Friday but I'll be monumentally pissed if it doesn't. I'd get it on Steam if I didn't get the copy but I'm skint for the next week.
Please...please...please...

AEREC

So have they gotten rid of the "zoom into NPC's face and pause the rest of the world" dialogue thats been in the previous Bethesda games? That really creeped me out and looked unnatural more often than not.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am extremely skeptical about this game considering the insane amount of hype for it. I've honestly never seen a game as hyped as this one. It makes me worry GTA4-esque blow back in the works. We will see though.

Darkone

If i want a challange but not too much, what difficult level should i take?

does the game emply what are the diffreance between each one?

ultron87

Einbroch said:
You're level 23.

If you're in a low level area, enemies may be level 5-15. Because you're 23, they're 15.
If you're in a mid level area, enemies may be level 15-25. Because you're 23, they're 23.
If you're in a high level area, enemies may be level 25-35. Because you're 23, they're 25.
If you're in a very high level area, enemies may be level 35-45. Because you're 23, they're 35.

That sounds about what I would want it to be. Lets you do some exploring, but still encourages you away from some places till later.

Thanks.

NBtoaster

AEREC said:
So have they gotten rid of the "zoom into NPC's face and pause the rest of the world" dialogue thats been in the previous Bethesda games? That really creeped me out and looked unnatural more often than not.

There's still a moderate zooming, but the world doesn't pause.

Wallach

IoCaster said:
Been there, done that. First thing I did was start a game then exit at the first opportunity and dig through the *.ini files looking for the obvious tweaks.

Is it like New Vegas where the default.ini comes in and overwrites prefs.ini every time you run the launcher?

NBtoaster said:
There's still a moderate zooming, but the world doesn't pause.
And you can look around while talking.

Just faced a
wispmother
. I'd read an in-game book about 'em, and it didn't lie: tough. as. nails.

I think I'm going to bed and wake up at 5 am tomorrow. Rather do that then wait untill 2 am.

Wake up at 5 am, play until 12, study, stop with studying around 7-8 pm, continue playing Skyrim.

I really need to study.

Damn you Skyrim.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum but the region-exploiting key sites turn out to NOT be an option for Skyrim. Quite sloppy. I'm now waiting for a refund and looking for an actual legit deal to temper my disappointment come midnight...

Stay away!

putarorex

I played the game about three hours last night. The opening bit is pretty bad in my opinion. The scripted stuff just doesn't work very well. Once I got out and started hunting and exploring though I could see that this game was going to be awesome.

I don't remember being prompted whether I wanted to keep my race selection at the end of the tutorial bit either, meaning I guess you have suffer through the scripted scenes every time you make a new character.

I am playing the PS3 version and I have been a bit turned off on how detail on people breaks down at further distances. Faces just seem to become dabs of paint until you really close. It is a style I'll have to get used to.

But those problems aside the game is awesome. I am really looking forward to this weekend and would call in sick today if I weren't so damn busy at work.

SRTtoZ

blame space said:
do you guys think Walmart will have the PC DVD out at midnight?

Yea, the toughest part of getting it at walmart is finding someone coherent enough to go into the back and grab you a copy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JumpingTheGun said:
Less than 9 hours. Im starting to lose my fucking mind.

I have an exam tomorrow morning. :(

I can't concentrate on studying... or play the game until after 11am tomorrow. Worst day ever!

Guys, shit just got real. I'm in Riverwood, have barely progressed in the main quest
(just got back from High Hrothgar), and just spent the night in the inn there. I step outside, and hear a faint roar in the distance...

And then a dragon appears. Random dragon attack on a village, holy shit.

spk

3chopl0x said:
No microstutter, the FPS just tanks occasionally. I'll be walking through a dungeon getting 60FPS then enter a big room and bam, it drops.
I had this problem too. Disabling vsync for tesv.exe helped a little, I still get FPS the drops you described but not nearly as often or as large (like vsync usually does)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom