• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

too much stuff coming out, god damn. will probably spend november on mw3 and u3 mp.
december would be skyrim time but ac revelations comes out then.

decisions decisions

Drewsky

Scythian said:
I had no problems whatsoever with Oblivion on PS3, I actually read the loading times were better on the PS3 version. You should be fine, but don't quote me on that since we won't know until release.
No haha, I'm gonna get it no matter what, I'm just wondering what to expect.

I watched the most recent Qore last night and got myself hyped. Dammit! I was not wanting to get this game until next year at the earliest. Gonna try to stay strong playing other stuff.

Lakitu

st5fu
Posting this article again for a laugh:

Things I Ate in Skyrim - One of my favourite previews.

I'm not actively looking for things anymore as I did in the last few weeks, I'm too worried about spoilers. The GAF OT is my safe haven.

Crazetex said:
Wow, this Gamespot interview really is insulting as hell.

<GS> do you listen to fan feedback ever
<GS> do you think there is a market for your game
<GS> how do you feel about things that break immersion in your games, like - hey guys, what things broke your immersion in Oblivion?

I <3 Todd Howard, but I'm not sure I can finish listening to this.

they should also ask if fans of Fallout 3 who bought the DLC on PS3 could get their money back somehow. i've asked Bethesda myself but no luck :(

i guess it's just impossible to get your money back if you buy something digital and it turns out to be broken.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Drewsky said:
Bethesda games are usually super shitty on PS3 aren't they? PS3 my only option to play on, that's why I ask.

I have a feeling it won't be as bad since the two platforms have been developed for at the same time for Skyrim. In the case of Oblivion there were a couple of quirks with the PS3 version (including a shitty bug that made you stay as a Vampire if you allowed the vampiric process to totally take over). With that said, I'm still getting the 360 version since I don't have the dilemma of only having one system.

kai3345

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
VlJB8.png
:O thank you so much!

Izayoi

Banned
Collector's Edition Guide, full soundtrack, and Dragon Edition all pre-ordered.

Take my money, Bethesda. All of it.

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow, I didn't know skyrim was a games for windows game. I shouldn't have spent my free Live Marketplace points from that thing.

Woorloog

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wow, I didn't know skyrim was a games for windows game. I shouldn't have spent my free Live Marketplace points from that thing.
It is not, it is a Steamworks game. AFAIK.

Brannon

So here's what I'm thinking... time to make a thing out of those damnable sweet rolls. You find a person who cooks things, and you ask for a sweet roll, but she's like 'man, every time I make those things, there's trouble about', but she makes you one anyway.

Of course, SOMETHING happens, a fight, a kidnapping, anything. You deal with the situation, and go back to the cook to ask for another sweet roll. This puts her on edge and she asks you for increasing amounts of money or materials for her trouble, or she won't make one for you.

You do this five or six times, getting into bigger trouble each time. Then the final time you get a sweet roll, she shoves it on you, kicks you out of the establishment, begs you not to eat the sweet roll anywhere near her, and...

Nothing happens. You haven't eaten that last sweet roll. But when you do, from a distance A DRAGON APPROACHES. A FIERCE FULLY GROWN DRAGON the size of a house cat.

And it proceeds to kick your ass hardcore.

You beat it, somehow, and when you try to return to the establishment, it is gone. Just gone. In its place, a note with some kind of message, and a whisically powerful trinket of some sort. Something that looks like it could have come from the Shivering Isles.

This could totally work, and you have my permission to use it, or something.

Ploid 3.0 said:

Games for Windows retail marketing but not Games for Windows LIVE.

Brannon said:
So here's what I'm thinking... time to make a thing out of those damnable sweet rolls. You find a person who cooks things, and you ask for a sweet roll, but she's like 'man, every time I make those things, there's trouble about', but she makes you one anyway.

Of course, SOMETHING happens, a fight, a kidnapping, anything. You deal with the situation, and go back to the cook to ask for another sweet roll. This puts her on edge and she asks you for increasing amounts of money or materials for her trouble, or she won't make one for you.

You do this five or six times, getting into bigger trouble each time. Then the final time you get a sweet roll, she shoves it on you, kicks you out of the establishment, begs you not to eat the sweet roll anywhere near her, and...

Nothing happens. You haven't eaten that last sweet roll. But when you do, from a distance A DRAGON APPROACHES. A FIERCE FULLY GROWN DRAGON the size of a house cat.

And it proceeds to kick your ass hardcore.

You beat it, somehow, and when you try to return to the establishment, it is gone. Just gone. In its place, a note with some kind of message, and a whisically powerful trinket of some sort. Something that looks like it could have come from the Shivering Isles.

This could totally work, and you have my permission to use it, or something.
That sounds like something Sheogorath would come up with. :lol

exhume

Can't wait. I've got a little break in classes between now and my graduate exhibit-thing in December and I don't think I'll leave my house except for grocery runs.

Incidentally I was so hype I finally finished Oblivion last night after starting it 5 years ago (100+hr playtime but never did the main quest) and I love that my character's (Oblivion spoilz)
statue in Bruma is nude from the waist down thanks to all of my equipment getting busted up in the fight for the Great Gate.
:lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang :(

$39.99 or bust for me. i'll wait it out!

I am waiting out to see if Amazon puts up a download option before release because they usually have a reduced price on their software downloads compared to other places. I contacted them about it and they told me there is no plans for a pre-order download option but it might come up, if not then they expect to have one up after launch.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This weekend is my "get everything done before Skyrim" weekend. Reviewing a project tomorrow, and should be able to get a good start on another on Sunday.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang :(

$39.99 or bust for me. i'll wait it out!
See if you local game shop has any trade in deals. I pre-ordered around E3 by offloading three titles in my Wii collection.

Best decision ever.

Xenon said:
haha, nice.

If there is any game that deserve full price, it's a new Elders Scrolls game.

i'm sure it does deserve it but i've bought a lot of games recently and i can wait it out. downloadable versions should be cheaper as well!

I've had enough fun with the Elder Scrolls series to where $60 bucks is a no-brainer expense I wouldn't even think twice about. Of course, it was nice to get Batman AC on the cheap to make up for it. Then there's the mods. I won't be missing any meals because of $60. In fact, I might forget to eat several meals because of this game! The savings potential is huge!

Xenon

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm sure it does deserve it but i've bought a lot of games recently and i can wait it out. downloadable versions should be cheaper as well!

But you’re paying for convenience ;) If you can wait it out I'm sure there will be some deals.

Midou

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Sonic Generations is doing it right, $30 on steam, day one, no sales. $20 cheaper than the console retail copies.

I have a really hard time justifying paying $60 for ANY game on PC, since for so long, PC games are usually $10 cheaper. I thought it was to deter piracy, but now they are just making the people who do pay, pay even more.

zlatko

Banned
So I asked earlier, but no one answered.

Is it a good idea to get this game from CDKeysdiscount.com ? They have it for $39.99 for PC steam version and auto email you the code for the game, and they even take paypal.

Has anyone here bought games from them? How do pre orders work exactly on their site? They email you the code when they get them or after the game launches or ?

JambiBum

zlatko said:
So I asked earlier, but no one answered.

Is it a good idea to get this game from CDKeysdiscount.com ? They have it for $39.99 for PC steam version and auto email you the code for the game, and they even take paypal.

Has anyone here bought games from them? How do pre orders work exactly on their site? They email you the code when they get them or after the game launches or ?
I've never done it but I know that there is an entire thread devoted to it that explains everything.

zlatko

Banned
JambiBum said:
I've never done it but I know that there is an entire thread devoted to it that explains everything.

Oh? Link ? I just want to make sure it is all on the up and up, and that I'm not getting stolen goods or some shit. Bethesda deserves every red cent from what I can tell.

JambiBum

zlatko said:
Oh? Link ? I just want to make sure it is all on the up and up, and that I'm not getting stolen goods or some shit. Bethesda deserves every red cent from what I can tell.
I don't have a link. Search for cd key buying or something like that.

zlatko

Banned
Blue Ninja said:

Yup, it's been posted. And yeah, I agree. He probably went through one heck of a crunch time, though, so who can blame 'em.

Ah okay cool. Giantbomb had it labeled all funny on their site is what made me confused.

megalowho

Great OP. I read it slowly and with great care, much like I will play this game.

Now time to forget it exists until next Friday.

Wallach

Can't handle the wait, gonna play some Oblivion. Think I'll do an Atronach mage since I don't even know if that is a thing in Skyrim anymore. Stunted magicka for great justice.

zethren

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Man, this track is so awesome. Kinda depressing, too.

I sort of had a warrior burial/cremation scene pop into my head during that song. A field, like the tundra in Skyrim (where the mammoths and giants are seen), with numerous stacks of logs burning. Yeah, kind of sad sounding...but totally awesome at the same time.

EDIT: And if anyone could helmet up my avatar for me I'd be eternally grateful. I tried to do it myself, but apparently I failed at it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom