• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to roll my wood elf archer/general stealthy type. Ideally, he'd also brew some wicked poisons to use on arrows and daggers, and people's food, etc. I know alchemy is in, can it be used for poisoning shit?

I'm going to play a low charisma/intelligence wood elf who walks into towns asking random crowds of people WHERE THE DARK BROTHERHOOD AT

Derrick01

Banned
Wallach said:
Don't be a wuss, use the poison fireball.

The strewn parts will turn green-ish, that's how you know the poison is working.

But how can I blame it on the neighbor by doing that? I'm an assassin after all.

Wallach

Played Morrowind for a few minutes and a wave of nostalgia hit me. Remembering one of my most fun characters - a Dunmer of all things - who was basically half thief, half mage. Not that interesting by itself, but the reason it stuck is because I would only use custom spells. For some reason I thought it was totally hilarious to fuck with enemies using levitate/burden; not on me to fly around, but like I'd make a super shitty levitate (like the lowest strength) and cast it on them so they couldn't move around. It was totally unnecessary but there was something hilarious about using stealth to get that shitty levitate on them, so they'd be like "ARGH, I'LL GET YOU" when the fight starts then basically not move anywhere while I poisoned them and watched them slowly die.

Really contemplating trying a Dunmer instead of a Breton and doing this again for my first playthrough now that I know about some of the perks. There's a couple perks in there screaming to be abused by a real asshole type character like that.

bengraven

Day 3 sounds fucking awesome because it doesn't sound like an Elder Scrolls game. I love TES, but I like my soundtracks to be 90% original, 10% motifs.

Crazetex

bengraven said:
Day 3 sounds fucking awesome because it doesn't sound like an Elder Scrolls game. I love TES, but I like my soundtracks to be 90% original, 10% motifs.

This makes all of the sense to me. This is probably why I liked FFXII's soundtrack so much.

I'm watching more footage and realizing that while my plan was to roll a cranky magethief (nightblade?) Dunmer, I just can't do it. I find the Dunmer plight in the latest version of Tamriel interesting, but I'm too interested in the people of Skyrim to be so cranky. I also know I'll have a hard time being a bad boy my first time through, so thieves' guild/dark brotherhood are out.

I've never played an elf or human before (unless you count Orsimer as an elf)... I think I'm going to play an Imperial or Breton. I want to try the new magic system, and Voice of the Emperor seems cool. Maybe an Altmer? I wanted to punch all Altmer in Oblivion in the face, though.

So, yeah, tough call between Imperial and Breton. I like money, so probably Imperial... but Bretons have that really cool absorption racial and higher base Conjuration (you can bet I'll be a practicing Chickenmancer).

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Aon said:
Hmm. To play Morrowind or to play Oblivion to sate my need. Tough choices ;__;

I'd go with Option C: Hold back until Skyrim. The ultimate release will feel glorious. Playing Morrowind or Oblivion at this point may be like eating a large appetizer in prep for the fantastic meal.

Luthos

Aon said:
Ehh for 1 week, I feel I want to stay clean of Elder Scrolls so it feels kinda more fresh.

UC3 multiplayer will keep me busy for the week.

zethren

Banned
Crazetex said:
This makes all of the sense to me. This is probably why I liked FFXII's soundtrack so much.

I'm watching more footage and realizing that while my plan was to roll a cranky magethief (nightblade?) Dunmer, I just can't do it. I find the Dunmer plight in the latest version of Tamriel interesting, but I'm too interested in the people of Skyrim to be so cranky. I also know I'll have a hard time being a bad boy my first time through, so thieves' guild/dark brotherhood are out.

I've never played an elf or human before (unless you count Orsimer as an elf)... I think I'm going to play an Imperial or Breton. I want to try the new magic system, and Voice of the Emperor seems cool. Maybe an Altmer? I wanted to punch all Altmer in Oblivion in the face, though.

So, yeah, tough call between Imperial and Breton. I like money, so probably Imperial... but Bretons have that really cool absorption racial and higher base Conjuration (you can bet I'll be a practicing Chickenmancer).

I've been planning on playing as a Dunmer (as per usual with my characters), but I've finally decided that I'm going to be running with a Nord on my first play through.

I'm just getting too wrapped up in Skyrim's Nordic mythology and style to play anything else on my first character. It almost wouldn't feel right to play as anything else, to me anyway.

Hawk269

I have not kept up with alot of the news for this game, but whatever came about the small game install for 360? I remember reading someting about 4.5gb or something like that. Is this a sign that the dungeons are all the same textures, but just a different layout?

bengraven

Aon said:

http://morroblivion.com/

ScreenShot70.preview.jpg

MaddenNFL64

theinfinityissue said:
Can't wait to roll my wood elf archer/general stealthy type. Ideally, he'd also brew some wicked poisons to use on arrows and daggers, and people's food, etc. I know alchemy is in, can it be used for poisoning shit?

I'm going to play a low charisma/intelligence wood elf who walks into towns asking random crowds of people WHERE THE DARK BROTHERHOOD AT

Yet smart enough to be an assassin? bah.

Emitan

mercenar1e said:
did a few surveys/searching/watching videos on a site to get free amazon gift cards lol i have $83 in amazon gift cards remaining =D
How do I do this? I want free games.

Gah...the release date (on Amazon.co.jp and Steam) is December 8th in Japan. Can't use a US Steam account with my Japanese credit card.

Was weighing my options until this thread, pulled the trigger on insane shipping to import it. Should arrive by November 18th. Real damn shame because next weekend is a three day weekend here.

MaddenNFL64

The internet is bizarre now. All this shady ass survey bullshit is actually working out for people now instead of giving them viruses, or trojan horse back doors for information thieves.

Aon

Ended up running around the northern invisible wall of Cyrodill, playing the Skyrim soundtrack in the background.

I need help.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Aon said:
Ended up running around the northern invisible wall of Cyrodill, playing the Skyrim soundtrack in the background.

I need help.

ahahaha

NBtoaster

Aon said:

I need help.

You could play the Bloodmoon expansion of Morrowind too. It's set on a Skyrim-like island.

Kwixotik

Wow, I feel really original now. My plan was to make a Dunmer mage/thief too. I was going to give him a scraggly beard, get vampirism, and name him Rasputin. Nordic countries, Russia, tomato, tomahto. They both have snow.

Gravijah

theinfinityissue said:

wood elf? fuck yeah. you're a good man. a great man.

Tunavi

Banned
CrazyDude said:
No you get the lazy.
I was really interested into doing this survey thing a few weeks ago, but it was basically like having a really boring job with shitty pay haha

Tunavi said:
I was really interested into doing this survey thing a few weeks ago, but it was basically like having a really boring job with shitty pay haha

You don't even need to do the surveys to get points... Run the videos on auto reload and earn 150 points per day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom