• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some PS3/360 comparisons going on over at gamefaqs. The guy posting has both versions. Looks like the 360 version has the edge. It'd be nice to see some non cellphone camera pictures though.

PS3 version still looks really good. And unless it turns out to be a complete mess I'll probably go with that version.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60881464?page=3

PS3 -
2011-11-05025012.jpg

360 -
2011-11-05024946.jpg

360 is blurrier because of the motion during the pic. Ignore blurryness for comparison purposes.

zethren

Banned
Honestly I'm not sure if we're going to be able to get any worthwhile comparing done with the quality of those shots.

Luthos

craigrushforth said:
There's some PS3/360 comparisons going on over at gamefaqs. The guy posting has both versions. Looks like the 360 version has the edge. It'd be nice to see some non cellphone camera pictures though.

PS3 version still looks really good. And unless it turns out to be a complete mess I'll probably go with that version.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60881464?page=3

PS3 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/EldoradoSteve/2011-11-05025012.jpg[IMG]

360 - [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/EldoradoSteve/2011-11-05024946.jpg[IMG]

360 is blurrier because of the motion during the pic. Ignore blurryness for comparison purposes.[/QUOTE]

Good, another "difference is minimal, comes down to console/controller preference."

But of course people will still argue to hell and back over which is better.

Mastperf

giancarlo123x said:
I want more comparisons. Im not sure if I should get it for PS3 or 360. This is tough.
360 is the safest bet for day 1 buying. If you're waiting then just wait for the digitalfoundry comparison.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't you just PM the guy instead of asking him to PM you?

JeTmAn81

mercenar1e said:
did a few surveys/searching/watching videos on a site to get free amazon gift cards lol i have $83 in amazon gift cards remaining =D
Are you talking about swagbucks? My wife does that, she's made a few hundred this year.

Gravijah

craigrushforth said:

so 360 version gets beards while the ps3 version doesn't what is this shit

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
PM pleeeeeeease :D Let's break that system!

Oblivion had such awesome music and its looking like this does aswell!

Its great to take ecstsay and then crank up the volume on it.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've been listening to tracks from the OST every time I get the chance.

Just listened to that one Blue Ninja posted for the first time, goddamn.

Mastperf

kittoo said:
I like the PS3 one more, probably cause water seems more realistic to me.
It looks like the lighting is hitting the water differently in the 360 pic. It's probably the same in both versions.

Lakitu

st5fu
I really want to do the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood stuff for my first character, but unfortunately, I'm a little weird when it comes to my characters. With him not being a murdering backstabbing thief and all :(

Gravijah

Lakitu said:
I really want to do the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood stuff for my first character, but unfortunately, I'm a little weird when it comes to my characters. With him not being a murdering backstabbing thief and all :(

being a murderous backstabbing thief does not make you evil!

Fjordson

After seeing some of their quests on streams, I think I might go work for The Companions first. Shit gets CRAZY after a while.

linkboy

Got this preordered, just waiting for it to come out (PS3 version). Man, I can't wait to play it, going to be an awesome game

daemonarch

Neo Member
from the same gamefaqs thread:

On identical televisions with HDMI hookups:

Both versions look great. Sound great.

PS3 version looks *slightly* better, nearly negligible though. We had a single building pop-in in Winterrun on the Xbox. Screen tearing is negligible on both consoles thus far.

Xbox version runs *slightly* better, PS3 has what I would describe as "quarter second hangs" more frequently, say 1 an hour on Xbox and perhaps 3-5 an hour on PS3

We have encountered 0 bug so far on the Xbox, 0 on the PS3. 4 hour gametime on both consoles, no breaks.

Load times on both consoles are so close as to be nearly identical.

Looks like it comes down to personal preference as to which console you buy it for.

Enjoy Skyrim!

so for me its as always from Bethesda... ps3 better graphics and 360 smoother running

If I buy now the full game and add it to steam, what will hapen when they release the obligatory game of the year edition ? Will it replace my old version of will there be both of them in my gamelist ?

LEGGZZZZ

I'm completely new to the Elder Scrolls Series, but does this amazing music play while your in the game at random points? Would love to hear this playing while exploring for the first time.

Gravijah

LEGGZZZZ said:
I'm completely new to the Elder Scrolls Series, but does this amazing music play while your in the game at random points? Would love to hear this playing while exploring for the first time.

awesome music plays constantly in elder scrolls. <3

Fjordson

LEGGZZZZ said:
Yeah. Pretty much always plays, it's great. And changes depending on what you're doing. There's music for dungeons (and certain types of dungeons), music for towns, exploration music specific to the day, specific to night, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom