• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

LEGGZZZZ said:
I'm completely new to the Elder Scrolls Series, but does this amazing music play while your in the game at random points? Would love to hear this playing while exploring for the first time.
It did in previous entries.

The music has a real movie-quality to it. Realy awesome.

Hawkian said:
Checking in. Can't say I like the OT title, if someone wants to fill me in on why it is good.
That is why you read the OP. It's in there.

JonStark said:
If I buy now the full game and add it to steam, what will hapen when they release the obligatory game of the year edition ? Will it replace my old version of will there be both of them in my gamelist ?
I suppose. But why don't you buy the DLC separately as you go? I think that'd be cheaper, depending on when you plan on buying the GotY edition, of course.

GreekWolf

daemonarch said:
so for me its as always from Bethesda... ps3 better graphics and 360 smoother running
Maybe Skyrim will be different (Gamebryo 1.5, right?) but I couldn't stomach the jaggies in Fallout 3 and New Vegas PS3.

Andrea23 said:
Nice music : O
Might be Jeremy's best work...ever. It ranks right up there with Morrowind and Icewind Dale.

Gravijah

Marsipolami said:
I suppose. But why don't you buy the DLC separately as you go? I think that'd be cheaper, depending on when you plan on buying the GotY edition, of course.

speaking of dlc, any timetable on when we'll get the first piece?

and by we i mean 360 (and pc?) users :(

Gravijah said:
speaking of dlc, any timetable on when we'll get the first piece?

and by we i mean 360 (and pc?) users :(
No, and it's just 360 exclusive at first. PC and PS3 get it a month later. Sorry bruh.

Fjordson

witchedwiz said:
i7 860, corsair dominator cl7 4gb, 4890 2gb.. shall I go with the master race, or go with either ps3/xbox360?
You could probably come in at minimum settings. Just barely, though.

Fjordson said:
You could probably come in at minimum settings. Just barely, though.
that bad?
considering I'm doing a slight upgrade @christmas what should I boost to further the performance?
gpu (taking a 7xxx family member) or cpu (new mobo and new cpu)?
consider I play @1920x1080,so I *suppose* it should be more gpu heavy :X

witchedwiz said:
i7 860, corsair dominator cl7 4gb, 4890 2gb.. shall I go with the master race, or go with either ps3/xbox360?

You might have to knock it down to 8x AA if you want a smooth 60 FPS all the time. Looks like it's console version for you.

If you can't detect my sarcasm, what I'm saying is it'll easily run and look better on your rig than on console.

Veitsev said:
to show us all how big his epeen is. I mean its pretty important to know that his memory is corsair dominator after all.
chill man, i was just asking...
I didn't bother with all the skyrim hype and release spec, and since I've got little time to game atm, I'd rather ask and be sure to run the thing decently...
guerillas and fjordson reply are quite discordant anyway..
barely minimum or decent? :X that's quite a big leap..

sohois

witchedwiz said:
chill man, i was just asking...
I didn't bother with all the skyrim hype and release spec, and since I've got little time to game atm, I'd rather ask and be sure to run the thing decently...
guerillas and fjordson reply are quite discordant anyway..
barely minimum or decent? :X that's quite a big leap..

Your computer is extremely powerful. There is nothing you can't run at at least medium settings.
Your PC blows the consoles out of the water.

DSC_0051.jpg

Oh my, PS3 copy turned up this morning, goodbye life. I'm just installing it now, and then I'm rolling a kick ass wood elf :D

Bootaaay said:
DSC_0051.jpg

Oh my, PS3 copy turned up this morning, goodbye life. I'm just installing it now, and then I'm rolling a kick ass wood elf :D

A week early? Shiiititttttt. Mind you, PC copies wouldn't work anyway because of Steam.

Probably for the best, I've got two essays due next week, so I'd probably just have to take the hit on my course if Skyrim came early.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Am I just blind or is the OP completely missing a Previews/Reviews section? Wasn't that kind of standard?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I really had to look hard for it :D It's totally hidden after all those video links, sorry for not noticing in the first place!

Well then, waiting for the reviews!

koji

Nice OP Blue Ninja!

Looking forward to pick up my PC CE next week. Shame I won't have much time the first couple of months.

robin2 said:
Question:

Does the games support 4:3 resolution?
Or letterbox?

Thanks

I've had to use an older 4:3 monitor some of the time recently, and most games I've played support it. The Witcher 2 didn't initially, which led to some odd letterboxing, but a patch added support. I'd be pretty surprised if Skyrim didn't support those resolutions.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Since it's Gamebryo, I'm sure it does. No guarantees, though.

Lakitu

st5fu
Bootaaay said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0051.jpg

Review copy?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Can the guy who got the PS3 version give us so insight to how it looks and performs compared to the 360 footage we have been seeing???

Keasar

Bootaaay said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0051.jpg[IMG]

Oh my, PS3 copy turned up this morning, goodbye life. I'm just installing it now, and then I'm rolling a kick ass wood elf :D[/QUOTE]
:(

I want my store to be all like "When were these going out?" "I dont know, just send them already." "Okay."

6 more days I can handle thankfully.

Ghost23

This is one of those games where I thought I would never experience to actually play it, but it's actually coming out next week! ASGOIAJECLSDRGLKAJ

Damn, seems like the full soundtrack has been leaked already. I hope a lot of people actually buy the standalone soundtrack anyways, Soule really do deserve it.

I remember seeing in the last thread that it's apparently chance based now. Yeah, good times ahead :\

So it'll be more like in Morrowind (chance plus skill multipliers)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom